UK theme parks from another point of view!

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Re: The Last Film You Watched and Your Rating

Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:01 pm

Ghostbusters (2016)

This film has gotten a lot of negative response, even when people are yet to see it. This negativity is definitely not warren yes as this is a very nice and enjoyable movie. The case each get their moment to shine, although I must admit Mellisa McCarthy had a pretty bad role here. The 'girl power' aspect wasn't really all too apparent, although Chris Hemsworth's character was awful.

Overal a good movie that I plan to buy on Blu-Ray. Ghostbusters (2016) gets a 7/10 for its brilliant action sequences and unique take. Hopefully the sequel is made, hinted at in the post credits scene!

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:19 am

Ghostbusters

It's fun and colorful, the movie starts off great with the first encounter but felt it went down from there much like the original, sets a slightly dark tone but then goes slapstick cheesy which ok is fair enough its not meant as a horror.

I only gave a slight chuckle when Holtzmann said about the year and president being a plant and that was only because its a stupid comment, it may be because I'm getting older but the humor of what there was just didn't do it for me.

What I disliked about the movie is literally how almost identical it is. If your going to reboot a franchise make it your own and not a rehash, even the hinted sequel is setting up for more characters already visited.

The most pleasant parts of the movie was seeing how all the cameos were incorporated, I'm not a fan of cameos but I'll let them off it was great to see them.

Worth watching but nothing new, just a 30 year old updated version with fancy CGI.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:15 am

The BFG 6.5/10

Held the animated movie back in 1989 close to my heart as it was one of the first animated movies I saw as a child and the remake brings back those wonderful moments of childhood.

Lovely colorful family movie with great mo-cap and performance from Rylance as BFG. Shame its a huge flop as Disney teaming with Spielberg for a Dahl adaption should of alone been enough to send people to the movies but it didn't.

Hats off to Ruby who played Sophie, a little local actress who can say she worked alongside Steven Spielberg :yikes:, hope she goes far.

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:46 pm

Star Trek Beyond - 7/10

The best of the three in my opinion and one where you feel some empathy for the antagonist, well I did. The cast is great to see again its a nice variety which brings humor & fun into the mix and a lovely nod to the cast of the Shatner period of the TV show is in the movie as well. Probably the truest film out of the reboot to feel like the Star Trek of old and not just Hollywood cataclysmic events and lens flares.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:42 am

Suicide Squad - 8.5/10

This film is no where near as bad as the reviews are making out. The storyline makes sense, the acting is brilliant, the action sequences are quite good, and it's funny. It's not proper lol funny but it's chuckle funny.

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:53 am

The BFG- 6/10

Good Points:
- Fairly good animation for the BFG
- Made the audience laugh
- Some good action

Bad Points:
- Felt at times, Sophie overacted which made it feel fake
- Sometimes felt like the animation was not the best
- Anti- climatic final fight scene
- Controversial but I didn't like the storyline (I know it is the book but for someone who has read the book ages ago, I have forgotten it)
- Bad flow of comedy meaning 1 scene in particular did not fit in because it was too funny in comparison to every other scene. Also I didn't laugh

Danny
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:18 am

The Purge: Election Year - 8/10

I am a fan of The Purge series, and this one does not disappoint. It's a nice follow on from the second film, and definitely the best storyline so far. Certainly not scary, but they know how to build tension and excitement!

I do think that anymore sequels could be quite boring now, but I'd welcome a prequel of how the purge first came about, as this film kind of completed the whole idea of 'The Purge'

The Witch - 1/10

I really was lost for words on this one. Having the tag line 'Best horror movie of the year' naturally my expectations were raised. Awfully put together, acting mediocre, and a terrible storyline, and I use the term storyline loosely.

I'd rank Paranormal Activity higher in terms of quality horror than this, I'm just hoping HMV won't notice the wrapping is off when I return it!

S.J_O'Grady
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:06 am

Alice Through the Looking Glass - 3/10

I am one of the few people who enjoyed Tim Burton's 2010 Wonderland film. I liked it's plot, characters, and it's twisted take on the story. But this should just not have happened

It was childish and silly with overacting and too many people talking to themselves. It had no interesting story and in fact there was not a single second that showed any resemblance to the book. Waste of time!
And what would happen when the creature appeared?

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:52 am

Finding Dory - 10/10

This for me beats finding Nemo by a mile. Its so much more funny and less sad, and this had me laughing all the way through (nearly in tears at some points). The voices were great especially Dory, Bailey, Destiny and baby dory. All the characters were so 'Disneyish' and I have to buy a baby dory plush. Id really recommended this film. And without spoiling it, the scene with the Neil Armstrong song totally makes that scene!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Creds to NemesisRider!

Scarefest 2017 Hype Kicking in... all because of Rita Fan

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:01 pm

Sausage Party 5.9/10

So from the twisted mind of Seth Rogan comes his latest weird creation Sausage Party. The film is about a group of food trying to get back to their shelfs after finding out the truth about their fate when they leave the supermarket.

The film is a funny film, its just mostly jokes of the adult nature, funny to begin with, but gets old real quick. The voice acting is very good with and has a very talented cast. The humor is great when its fresh and the animation is pixar worthy.

However the film does get VERY boring at times, like I was yawning at some points during the film and that is a big concern for the film.

Now I must advise not seeing this film with your Parents or any other relatives older than you by 18 years, because the final scene is so messed up, I was (not only laughing) but in big shock (and I took my mum to see it and that was a bad move :/ )

Overall its a good film with a few issues, but still I had fun watching it (at times)

Pros:
- Good Jokes
- Voice acting is awesome
- Pixar level animation
- Ending Scene is hilarious

Cons:
- Very dull at times
- Jokes repeat often
- Ending Scene is very shocking
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:16 pm

theparklifekid wrote:
Now I must advise not seeing this film with your Parents or any other relatives older than you by 18 years, because the final scene is so messed up, I was (not only laughing) but in big shock (and I took my mum to see it and that was a bad move :/ )

Exactly what I did earlier, me and my Mum went to see it. But we were both in stitches! I especially couldn't stop laughing all way through!

7.5/10 from me
Ride count 2017: 296!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 807!
Cred count: 65!

Thanks to NemesisRider for the awesome signature!

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:02 pm

The Conjuring 2

After the amazing film that was The Conjuring, I had extremely high expectations for this movie. The movie focuses around the Enfield house, arguably one of the biggest hauntings documented in history and known as "the UK's Amityville".

Now, although the ending events are fictional in this film everything else has such a sense of realism it's quite unnerving, especially the acting from Maddison Wolf as Janet Hodgson. This film is creepy, and at points scary - very scary, especially in the end credits so keep it running for a little while if you really want to be creeped out!

Once again James Wan's cinematography shines and the new blue time really sets a British tone - which is conveyed surprisingly well here with no stereotypes whatsoever.

The Conjuring 2 certainly lived up to its predecessor and it makes me very excited for Annabelle 2, The Nun and rumoured to be The Conjuring 3, based around 'The Southend Werewolf'!

Pros:
• The acting
• Visual Effects
• It's creepy!

Cons:
• Makes me want another!

9/10

Danny
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:04 am

Don't Breathe 9/10

When I first saw the trailer for this I knew it would be good, but I love it when you see the film and it offers so much more, which isn't generally the case with modern day horror/thrillers.

Suspense building was done perfectly, and with so many plot twists you really couldn't predict how the film was going to end! Brilliant acting and characters. The film is just the right length and I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish, everyone involved deserves the incredible success it is receiving.

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:07 pm

Liam.W wrote:
theparklifekid wrote:

Exactly what I did earlier, me and my Mum went to see it. But we were both in stitches! I especially couldn't stop laughing all way through!

7.5/10 from me
eeek! Exactly what I did, went with my dad... This is probably now one of my favourite comidies/animations I've ever seen. It's so so funny and original - I love it! The final scene was well odd and awkward but absolutely hilarious! Hope they make a second one or a different adult animation! My dad was surprise it wasn't an 18. On the down side a few too many f-bombs but other than that would recommend to anyone 15+. And don't go with your parents, it was awkward watching with dad and even more explaining to my mum what happened!

9/10 for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Danny on Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merging double posts
Creds to NemesisRider!

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:40 am

Swiss Army Man - 8/10

I can't even begin to describe this movie with Daniel Radcliffe, its so out there in terms of film plots and yet its one of the better films I've seen this year. It was hilarious and actually well acted with a solid script, I'm still laughing just thinking about certain scenes.

For those of you who can open your mind to movies like this its well worth a watch. Its definitely a love it or hate it kind of movie.

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:57 pm

Bad Moms - 5/10

When I first found about this film I was quite excited for it, but the film does not at all live up to my expectations nor the hype for it. It has got a decent cast, but all the jokes I've heard before. To be brutally honest, the trailer is just about all the main 'lol' jokes in the film. This may be just my view, but the friends I saw it with loved it. Go see Sausage Party instead!
Creds to NemesisRider!

ponder
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:09 pm

The BFG - 4/10

Loved the book as a kid, but the movie was slow going. Despite Spielberg being involved, it felt very much like a studio film, without much individuality to set it apart. I was fairly disappointed with it.

Jungle Book - 7/10

Great looking film with some cool performances, but like most things I enjoyed when younger, it's easy to forget how under-developed the plot actually is when you experience the story as an adult. Despite that, entertaining throughout and well worth a look.

Crimson Peak - 7/10

Despite a few iffy years, I'm a big fan of Guillermo Del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth is one of my favourites of all time) and was eager to see him go back to his gothic horror style. This is no Pan's, or even at the level of say Devil's Backbone, but it's a solid film nonetheless. The supernatural elements play more as a warning device to the central character rather than being outright horror, with the plot and relationships between the characters driving the mystery. It's more of a gothic thriller than a horror, which may disappoint some people, but it's so well made and acted that it's well worth your time.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:17 pm

The Nice Guys - 8/10

Was a very enjoyable film. Had some really good action sequences and comedic scenes. The plot is an easy one to follow and the acting is really good.

George B
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:22 pm

What We Do In the Shadows.

Very enjoyable comedy, definitely recommend.

8.5/10

Thanks to NemesisRider for the signature

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:14 pm

Bridget Jones's Baby - 8.5/10

A very solid funny Romance/Comedy. I was in tears of laughter at some points, a great film, and it definitely wasn't a stale film like i'd thought it'd be. I can see why the film is number one at the box office at the moment. I'd say though its more for older people, as some of the jokes I didn't get (or I'm just thick)!

Not a must see, but if you don't know what to see, I'd recommend this!
Creds to NemesisRider!