UK theme parks from another point of view!

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Last Film You Watched and Your Rating

Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:40 pm

Seen some films lately, give a quick recap

Inception:10/10

Yes i've only just got around to watching it but what a film, constantly developing and such a vast in-depth law about time and dream states. Great film, great score, great acting. Great
film

Alien: Covenant: 7/10

Really enjoyed this, was a good horror suspense film which i enjoyed. Action was ok and the build was good. Expected a bit more maybe.

Pirates Of The Caribbean 5: 6/10

Again, this was a decent film, enjoyed the action and story was ok. Think it's dragging on a bit too much now for my liking. Johnny Deep is getting worse. Did like however the story behind Jack Sparrow. Few silly choices by the villain which left me rather annoyed. But it was ok, could be a lot better

Wonder Woman: 9/10

DC are getting it right, I enjoyed BVS (the few people that did) but this blew it out the water, great film and honestly thought it was done well as a stand alone film. Loved the characters and score. Enjoyed it

I'm the boy with the bubbles

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:12 pm

Diary of a Wimpy Kid - 5/10

Positives
- My mum's reaction to what happened was hilarious and was far funnier than the film itself.
- The man in the green truck (the film never said his name) was quite enjoyable to watch.
- I mean a whole scene was at a fun fair so I guess that's good for us. Sadly, there was just a wacky worm, not even Olympia Looping or Wild Mouse XXL. :lol:

Negatives
- I understand most of the children stars of the franchise have grown up but the acting quality of the new actors wasn't really the best.
- The film lacked any big final scene so the ending made me feel like saying "Was that it?".
- There was some parts which were very predictable.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:47 pm

Passengers - 6/10

So this recently became available to me, so I gave it a go the other night. I didn't know much going in, other than stuff I'd seen in the trailers, so there was a load of stuff that surprised me.

Pros:
-Cool sci-fi space film stuff
-The initial AI interactions were fairly amusing
-Both major roles were well written and played for the most part
-THE SPACESHIP IS SO COOL I WANNA LIVE THERE

Cons:
-The whole film has 3 humans, of which only two are developed. Kinda leaves you wishing the film was slightly different places. In fairness, the whole point of the film is to have 3 humans, but still ...
-Loads of plot holes, including:
Spoiler: show
-NO WAY does Jim survive that fireball.
-Jim sends a message to earth when the Avalon has travelled for 30 years. He's told it will reach Earth in 19 years. Assuming the message is transmitted at the speed of light, this means the Avalon travels at 63% light speed. Sems fairly impossible.
-When Jim wakes, the machines are conveniently all switched on and prepared for use, even though no humans are meant to be awake for another 90 years. Leaving them on when the crew (who were to wake a month before everyone else) could have switched some non-vital machines on themselves is a massive waste of precious energy.
-Aurora chooses to stay awake after Jim finds a way of putting her back to sleep so that she can live with him. This is all well and good, but why don't they live until old age, then put her back to sleep before they both die of old age so that she can at least see what Homestead II looks like at little cost to her time with Jim? Best of both worlds?
-Loads of stuff on the ship is virtually unbreakable, but Jim's tether is not.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:40 pm

Wonder Woman - 6/10

Positives from this is a strong female character, I've seen rl posts that people find her a role model which is sweet. Having a female director as well helps cement her mark on the movie from a female perspective and bring a female superhero on par if not better than male superheros. Also its a good message especially with everything going on in the world that yes there are bad people living among us but love & good people will prevail.

As for the actual reason people go to watch movies like story/plot I don't rate it very highly, yes I will always go and watch the latest film with buzz surrounding it and sometimes they are superhero movies but tbf they are all the same to me. Some of you will of heard that from me before, I just see them all the same.

The Mummy - 5/10

It's enjoyable. The goofiness & comedy is not quite there although it does try, hardly any suspense, drama or horror. Its a mish-mash of nothing really. A few action pieces which have been seen throughout the trailers is all there is to offer.

People with keen eyes will see the Book of the Dead from the original The Mummy in possession of Dr. Jekyll. And if people aren't too fussed about watching this I'll put the end in a spoiler.

Tom Cruise's character is chosen as the human vessel for Set the Egyptian god when he breaks the chains imprisoning Ahmanet, his friend/partner/love interest is killed but wants to destroy the stone which will allow Set to enter his body. Ahmanet says he will have power of life over death, upon realizing what this could mean he took it upon himself to allow Set to enter his body in order to resurrect the woman.

He then battles Set for consciousness of his body and uses his new found power to kill Ahmanet. And it ends with Tom Cruise & his sidekick Jake Johnson out in the desert.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:58 pm

Thomas and the Magic Railroad - 6.5/10

This was a film I watched quite a bit when I was about 4, so feeling nostalgic, me and my friends decided to re-watch it and man it does give you a few good laughs. It hasn't aged well, but if you get a few friends over and watch it, its a great laugh.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:39 pm

Oh my god. I forgot that film even existed. And i used to love watching it when I was younger! I'm actually tempted to watch it again... :lol
Ride count 2017: 422!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 933!
Cred count: 70!

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:41 am

Transformers 5 - 6.5/10

Lets get the two most obvious things out of the way first, the movie plot as always is stupid and there isn't any character development but lets face it do any of these really matter in a movie like this? I personally say no. No doubt there will be die hard fans of Transformers universe who will come away from these feeling somewhat betrayed to the lore of the source material they love.

On a technical level this movie exceeds all expectation, I have to admit I can't stand 3D and all that post conversion crap studios do. I admired Peter Jackson for trying the 60 fps shoot for The Hobbit, it did bring more clarity to 3D at the expense of it not looking much like a movie anymore. But Michael Bay has shot almost 95% of this movie using dual IMAX 3D cameras and let me tell you on a huge IMAX screen this film is gorgeous. 

It annoys me in other movies that ever changing aspect ratio from letterbox to scenes shot in IMAX like The Dark Knight. But for big spectacle movies such as this using this method has got to be the way forward. The depth and clarity of the 3D was unlike any other movie I've experienced. 

The humor throughout is actually quite decent, the audience and myself actually laughed more at this movie than I have done at pure comedy genres movies this year / last year. The spectacle and action is top notch.

The best thing about the movie is the introduction of a new transformer character called Cogman which to my knowledge has no previous history in the lore, he is a fresh off the bat character introduced in this. And oh my god they have created such an amazing character, there are talks of a spin-off standalone Bumblebee movie, hell no, we need a Cogman movie. Few little tidbits in a spoiler tag.

In the trailers it shows Optimus going rogue in order to save Cybertron and having a battle with Bumblebee, this is quite pointless, when "Nemesis Prime" hears Bumblebees real voice he just reverts back to Optimus Prime. 

Megatron has had it rough over the course of the movies but was turned into Galvatron in Age of Extinction only to now be Megatron again, makes no sense I know.

It takes a bit from the animated movie and Earth is actually Unicron which Quintessa wants to destroy.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:26 pm

So it would appear its been a while since i last posted in here, and i've watched a fair few films, so i'm just going to give a rating out of 10 for each one

Assassin's Creed - 7/10
Passengers - 4/10
Gold - 9/10
The Lego Batman Movie - 9/10
The Founder - 8/10
The Hatton Garden Job - 6.5/10
Aftermath - 8.5/10

I have also found myself watching a load of good older films too.
Even the good can fall from grace

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:46 pm

The Babadook- 10/10

Incredibly creepy and disturbing film. Without giving too much away it's incredibly deep, and doesn't rely on gore or cheap jumpscares to be unsettling.

Michelle
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:47 pm

This week I saw
Despicable Me 3. 6/10
Funny film in parts, absolutely not as good as the first one (or second) but that's to be expected from the third film in any franchise I guess.

Wonder Woman. 8/10
I actually really enjoyed this film, I've been meaning to watch it since it came out but finally caught it just before it went off our local cinema. I thought some of the CGI was ... interesting. I liked the story and think it is well worth a watch. Although I do not appreciate the inclusion of gas masks. Ugh.

Spiderman 8/10
I have not liked any Spiderman films so far, Tobey Maguire in particular annoyed me, this film however may have converted me. the Highschool set up lead to many funny moments, I actually felt you could root for him and I definitely didn't see the twist with the bad guy coming. Also any films that have Robert Downey Jr are fine by me ;)

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:17 am

Just quickly before I do my review (inner geek is coming out) Wonder Woman is a DC film Michelle ;)

Anyways, onto the reviews.

Baby Driver: 7.5/10

This film caught me off guard a so had no idea what it was before seeing it. It's a great film and probs to the director it was his typical cinematic style we have come to like. Felt at the beginning during one section was lacking and it wasn't s perfect film by all means but it was good and funny film.

SpiderMan: Home-Coming: 6.5/10

Ok. I must be one of the few people who Didn't find this film incredible. I thought it was good and at a push a great film didn't really float my boat. Spiderman to irritate me at times but that may have been what was Intended and generally I didn't feel very attached to the film. I think this would require a rewatch. But it's a watchable film

Michelle
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:57 am

:lol :lol cheers Jack, this is why I shouldn't forum when tired, my inner geek had obviously already fallen asleep!!

I'd forgotten about Baby Driver - good film but I felt it just dragged a little in parts. I did enjoy it though and would recommend to others.

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:19 pm

Despicable Me 3 - 5.5/10

Em. Quite a poor film with virtually every character being annoying and not funny. The ending was alright but had a missed opportunity to have a nice friendship part. Also, slightly disappointing there wasn't really any good new original songs.

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:45 pm

Despicable Me 3 - 8/10

I'm a Despicable Me fanboy. Enough said.
Ride count 2017: 422!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 933!
Cred count: 70!

TheDuke
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:15 pm

Dunkirk 9/10

Where to start, the less I say the better. This movie combines my love of history and film to one brilliant film. It is beautifully shot, incredibly well acted and scored,edited exactly how a Nolan film should be and historically accurate to a tee. The film was more suspenseful and stressful than most modern horror movies. Nolan creates and hold a sense of urgency and anxiety throughout the movie. I wont say more it would just ruin it but just see then 70mm film version and enjoy.

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:15 pm

Spiderman: Homecoming - 7/10

I guess it had some nice special effects and acting but the plot was seriously awful. Peter and Ned kept alternating in who made absolutely awful decisions, none of which I would do, making me find them quite annoying and unlikeable. Also I don't really understand why everybody loved Vulture because some of his dialogue felt very forced and he was a forgettable character.

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:26 pm

Just a quick couple of reviews:

War for the planet of the apes: 7.5/10

Great film and awesome special effects used. First 30/45 minutes do drag but besides this a great film.

Dunkirk: 9.5/10

Simply put, this is the movie of the year. Nolan has created a stunning movie and i cannot say anymore than this. Its truly increidble.

Danny
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:26 am

Just a few recent ones:

War for the Planet of the Apes: 7/10

The CGI and special effects is what makes this film. It's a nice continuation of the story with some good action packed scenes. Unfortunately as with the others in the series, there can be a dip in the middle which drags on a bit, but understand they need this.

47 meters down: 7/10

Expecting just another Jaws knockoff, I was pleasantly surprised by this! A fun shark thriller with a unique twist that builds tension throughout. Can't say I expected the ending! :)

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:32 pm

V for Vendetta- 10/10

Very interesting film that was deeper than I thought would be, with some great character development as well.

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:08 pm

Dunkirk - 7.5/10

I was slightly underwhelmed with the film but it was still quite a good film. I've seen better films but certainly not the worst. Harry Styles felt like he was placed there because he was Harry Styles, thus making him feel a bit of a distraction. The CGI was once again like Wonder Woman a bit poor and at times felt really obvious. Historically, it was fairly accurate but it would have been nicer to have a stronger story displayed in the film, with a bigger focus on individual characters.