UK theme parks from another point of view!

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Last Film You Watched and Your Rating

Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:34 pm

ThemeCrafter264 wrote:
Dunkirk - 7.5/10

I was slightly underwhelmed with the film but it was still quite a good film. I've seen better films but certainly not the worst. Harry Styles felt like he was placed there because he was Harry Styles, thus making him feel a bit of a distraction. The CGI was once again like Wonder Woman a bit poor and at times felt really obvious. Historically, it was fairly accurate but it would have been nicer to have a stronger story displayed in the film, with a bigger focus on individual characters.

I know its a topic for reviews but after seeing it I'll just give my opinion and comments about it and the above quote.

So the film was according to Nolan never going to be a story driven epic war film like Saving Private Ryan. It is perhaps one of his shortest movies to date and it is intended to solely focus on the allied forces stranded on the beach and ships coming to their aid. It lacks characters & dialogue on the whole but I think that's fine. It's a suspenseful film showing the horror and uncertainty the brave soldiers faced. I personally loved that you hardly saw the Germans but knew they were an ever present threat slowly surrounding them.

Harry Styles was actually far less annoying as I'd imagined, if it was a cheesy cameo like Rihanna then I'd be a bit annoyed but it wasn't.

I disagree with the comment about the CGI being as obvious as Wonder Woman, Nolan prefers to use practical effects and he said this movie is one in which he can't even remember which scenes made use of CGI because of the lack of them. They replicated Spitfires, used real pyro explosions, had 6,000 extras rather than a mass farm of clones & authentic military vehicles as well as filming at Dunkirk itself. Wonder Woman was just a CGI cheese fest of bad.

It was a good movie technically which brought history to life.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:23 am

The CGI used with some the aeroplane flying over a beach near the end was what I was referring and to me, it looked a bit fake.

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:34 pm

Dunkirk - 9/10 

What an absolutely fantastic film. I'm not normally into these types of films so I wasn't sure what to expect, but wow. And who knew that Harry Styles could actually be decent at acting?
Ride count 2017: 249!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 760!
Cred count: 65!

Thanks to NemesisRider for the awesome signature!

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:11 pm

I've only just watched the Power Rangers film and I am going to give it 8.5/10

The story is ok, nothing mind blowing, but the banter and references are brilliant. I had a major geek out while watching this film. Elizabeth Banks steal's the show as Rita Repulsa. It was just a fun film to watch. Also something regarding Mastodon and a separate scene involving Triceratops made me lol 

alicheesy
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:24 pm

Okja- 8.5

A very powerful film and refreshingly original. Despite the 'super pigs' being fictional creatures, the film showed some realities of the meat industry and I was a complete mess by the end of it. Definitely the most emotional film I've seen in a while and a great watch (for meat eaters and vegetarians alike).
Thank you to Owen for the most fabulous signature to ever exist ever

saw-x-smile
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:17 pm

Dunkirk - 8/10
Mind blowing, and I found incredible. Though I didn't like how that when they showed you what was going to happen in the other timelines.

Emoji movie - -infinity/10
Just why? It's basically ads the movie.
Join us, where the magic never ends...

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:32 am

The Emoji Movie - -1,000,000,000/10

*breaths in* AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I have never been more angry at a film, this movie, this AWFUL movie is everything wrong about the human race, we just need to reset the world, bring on our robot overlords I say. A movie based on Popeye, a beloved cartoon character, was cancelled for this, THIS!!!! I'd rather endure a long, bumpy flight, surrounded by crying babies than watch this movie again. Let's just say I'd sue Sony Pictures for $1,000,000.

Anyway The Emoji Movie (vomits a little) is about an emoji named 'Gene' who has more than one emotion..... But he just wants to fit in, so he and 2 other Emojis named 'Hi-5' and 'Jailbreak' must travel to the phones source code and make him only have one emotion, only on this 'wacky' journey.

Now what's bad about this movie? Literally everything. The animation is rough in places, nothing interesting in the background, music sucks, voice acting sucks, writing sucks, editing awful and the idea itself is the worst thing imaginable. But the worst thing in this film by far is the product placement. Every single scene in takes place in an app and during this scene, they tell you why that app is good and why you should buy it. The apps featured in this film are Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Dropbox, Shazam, Candy Crush, Spotify and Just Dance. The worst scenes by far are the ones with Dropbox, Candy Crush and Just Dance, with long extensive scenes which are all like "wow, this app is so cool, did you know Dropbox doesn't allow malware?"

Good things in this movie? Ummmmmm, it ends.

Apparently this is the fastest produced animated film ever, so it's no surprise they didn't care what they made. All I can say is don't watch this movie, it's a big piece of rubbish.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:25 pm

Cars 3 - 8.5/10

A seriously great film which beats Despicable Me 3 in every sense from far superior animation, a better villain, a more engaging storyline, some great original ideas and some fairly emotional moments for a care film. Sadly, I fear Cars 3 won't do as well in the box office because it has an older appeal compared to despicable me 3.

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:28 am

Atomic Blonde - 8.5/10

The only bad thing about this is the generic spy plot & twist. The pros; the setting, the cast is stellar, its stylish, the action is top notch, the soundtrack is insane!, its very sexy, a great movie showing girl power, this is the Wonder Woman I want to see!
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:57 pm

Emoji Movie - 4/10

Just awfully done (except the animation). Also really despised some of the product placement and feminism lines, as well as plot points which didn't make any sense. The ending and comedy throughout is so bad. Such an awful film!

jackf1tz
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:01 pm

ThemeCrafter264 wrote:
Emoji Movie - 4/10

Just awfully done (except the animation). Also really despised some of the product placement and feminism lines, as well as plot points which didn't make any sense. The ending and comedy throughout is so bad. Such an awful film!

Yet you give or a 4/10.
This ride is perfectly safe. Everything has been designed for your comfort, and enjoyment.

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:24 pm

jackf1tz wrote:
ThemeCrafter264 wrote:
Emoji Movie - 4/10

Yet you give or a 4/10.

To be honest, it really deserves 2/10 but I know there are some alright ideas and the animation is quite good, (better than despicable me 3) so I don't think it's completely awful.