UK theme parks from another point of view!

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Your Favourite TV Shows

Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:16 am

Poldark - Season 2
Very good TV show. Looking forward to season 2 in a few weeks. I've also gotten into dexter. That's quite good as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
credz to sam!
feed the flames. be chosen.

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:21 pm

I know its only had its first episode a few days ago but Westworld is great and will most likely be one of the best TV shows to come out of this year.

Futuristic theme park where people pay to act out scenarios with artificial beings. Its a mixture between The Truman Show, Groundhog Day & The Purge.

Truman show as its like a show you star in, groundhog day because the AI is programmed to do the same thing everyday but can be tweaked & The Purge because you as a paying guest can do whatever you desire.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

S.J_O'Grady
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:18 pm

Andy Mc wrote:
I know its only had its first episode a few days ago but Westworld is great and will most likely be one of the best TV shows to come out of this year.

Futuristic theme park where people pay to act out scenarios with artificial beings. Its a mixture between The Truman Show, Groundhog Day & The Purge.

Truman show as its like a show you star in, groundhog day because the AI is programmed to do the same thing everyday but can be tweaked & The Purge because you as a paying guest can do whatever you desire.

It's a great show, and 9.3 / 10 on IMDb is the best score I've ever seen I think.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:52 am

Community - Season 1-6

I've just finished binge watching this and wow, its one of the best comedys i've ever seen, jokes are great, characters wonderful and awesome pop-culture references. 10/10 for me WATCH IT NOW!!
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:57 pm

Gogglebox - 10/10

Original and funny! Great friday night tv, love the Moffatt family as well as June & Leon!

Stranger Things - 8/10

Finished binge watching this, after all the hype surrounding it, this is worth of the hype. But slightly over rated.
credz to sam!

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:15 pm

Chance with Hugh Laurie is a decent TV show which is fairly new if people want something fresh to watch.

And returning for a second season is Ordinary Lies. 1st season was decent and this again is really watchable and fresh, it revolves around the people of a business with each episode focusing on one of them and the various crazy storylines in their own personal lives, sort of like an anthology of individual episodes.

Rita Fan
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:30 pm

Insane Coaster Wars is quite good.
Erm, change of plan, I prefer The Smiler. Rita's rubbish. Should have thought of that...

Scarefest 2016 hype is all gone... all because of Stan.H.

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:59 pm

First episode of Taboo is mighty fine. Got a feeling it'll be a great series.

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:54 pm

The Crown - on Netflix, a very good series - although not expecting it to be, as it's not my sort of program. Great acting, with stunning lead roles, a great high budget binge watch, would recommend to all!!

Although I haven't seen it yet (and therefore don't really have a valid opinion) I'm looking forward to A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix soon - one of my favourite children's book series!
credz to sam!

ponder
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:25 pm

Mr Robot - great twisty-turny anti-establishment stuff. I won't give too much away, but definitely worth a watch. It does pay homage to the work of a certain film director, who again I won't mention for fear of giving anything away. 2 series so far - a solid 8/10 overall.

The OA - Netflix's new 'surprise hit', which has drawn comparisons with Stranger Things, but is nowhere near as good. Intriguing story about a blind woman who goes missing and re-surfaces 7 years later having regained her sight along with some odd scars on her back. Some interesting ideas and decent performances, but also feels quite contrived in places, and a couple of characters act in a questionable way to drive the plot along. An entertaining enough watch, though. 6.5/10

ponder
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:28 pm

The new series of Sherlock has been decent so far, too.

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:17 am

Started watching A Series of Unfortunate Events at episode 3 so far.

Absolutely lovely show, Neil Patrick Harris is just wicked as Count Olaf.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:00 pm

I've recently been watching Sense8 on Netflix. Absolutely brilliant show with such a great soundtrack.
Even the good can fall from grace

KatangaZebra
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:19 pm

American Horror Story is as good as it's made out to be. The storylines are easy to follow and it's something that even a lot of people who don't like the horror genre seem to enjoy.

Count-Vonduel
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:40 am

I'll list 3 you should watch in order from least (at the top) to most (at the bottom).

Big Time Rush
while its a show on Nickelodeon about a boy band, it just has this sense of utter joy about it that is just contagious (contagious in the same way last years Freakshow Scarezone was in a way).

Young Dracula
It says its for kids, but are you lot not theme park enthusiasts? I dare you to watch it, then find me a better adaptation of both Count Dracula and Van-helsing...I bet you can't! Since you can find both series 1 and 2 on youtube, I ask you...why not!

Merlin (BBC)
It is very very very very very very good!

Watch them, or your Merlin...and no one wants to be a merlin! (And not the wizard kind)

Smiler313
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:31 pm

I used to love Young Dracula!
'You are now embarking on an Optical procedure'

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:28 pm

Black Mirror (S3 E1) - I feel that this is how the world is becoming nowadays, and a very good program. The story (for me) was hard to understand at the beginning then 15 minutes in, it all clicked together - a great watch!
credz to sam!

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:22 pm

A Series of Unfortunate Events

Nothing mind blowing, but its incredibly charming and I enjoyed it very much, if your a fan of the books and the original move, its a must watch, can't wait for season 2!

Black Mirror - Season 1-3

I'm not going to lie, this is probably one of my all time favourite shows i
I've ever watched. Every episode is INCREDIBLY well made, each episode has a thought provoking message behind it, each episode is scary because something like it could happen in real life. It makes you question how far technology could go and what the risks are of using it, what we as a race are capable of and who can stop us. Each episode is a new cast and a new story, making you not know what is going to happen. Each episode leaves you in a mess, fearing the world and its future.

Please, I beg you to give this a watch, its only 13 episodes and I can guarantee you will be a different person after it.

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 03, 2017 2:27 pm

13 Reasons Why

This is a very controversial show, but wow is it well made. Its got some really good themes in the show and its very emotional. I'd highly recommend it. 9/10

Tom
Team Admin
Team Admin

Thu May 04, 2017 8:38 am

theparklifekid wrote:
13 Reasons Why

This is a very controversial show, but wow is it well made. Its got some really good themes in the show and its very emotional. I'd highly recommend it. 9/10

Can't agree more, it's amazing. Everyone should watch it. 10/10 for me.