UK theme parks from another point of view!

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous
Topic Author

The Amity Island Mystery

Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:00 pm

Welcome to The Altonville Mystery. A Murder mystery that will last for 3 weeks. It will be told as a story, with an update every day. It will be as interactive as it can be, with clues and twists being revealed throughout the story. All you need to do is work out who the killer is. But watch out, don't go searching to hard. You may not like what your find. Now this topic does have an extra rule on top of the usual Forum rules.

Try and keep all talk in this topic about this topic. Try and avoid talking about it in the SB.

I would also appreciate it if you would also help the story. If, and that's a big IF, you get killed, can you try not to post. I have a plan for you. If you do die, you will receive a PM from me explaining more, but for now the secret shall stay closed.

So stay safe and share your theories and clues with everyone.

Chapter 1

The villagers of Altonville were busy setting up for their annual Undead party. It is a village wide event that every villager gets involved with. It is a party to celebrate the birth and death of the undead, which had invaded the village seven years ago.

It is early morning and a villager is busy brushing the street around the village square. The village square will be the centre of the party. Everyone who is anyone will be attending and the square must look its best. The villager looks up to watch the sun rise over the hills and behind the fountain. They do this every day. It gives the villager a sense a pride.

While looking at the fountain, they notice that it isn’t running like normal. Water normally spurts out the top. The villager thinks it’s clogged, so walks closer to the fountain. Looking into the fountain, the villager bounces back with a disgusted look on their face. They step forward again and peer into the fountain. The water is red and a couple of fingers are sticking out the top of the water. The villager drops their broom and runs to the payphone. They dial the police. The police arrive and the villagers gather to see what is happening. Body parts are pulled from the fountain, one piece at a time. A villager shouts out “Its Dom,” as the head is pulled out. The villagers mumble loudly to each other. The police tell the villagers to go back to their homes and that there is nothing to see. But the villagers don’t move. The coroner looks at the pieces of body and says to police officer in charge “He was murdered. But this isn’t where he was killed. This is just where the body was dumped.”

Can you solve the murder?

Over the next coming days and weeks more and more clues will be revealed. You will also get to explore the village of Altonville. Does it connect with the past? Was it spontaneous?

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Altonville Mystery

Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:05 pm

Hhmmmmmm...
Maybe the person was killed in the Field of 1000 screams?

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:10 pm

Why would anyone kill Dom?

I look forward to seeing how this pans out :)

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:39 pm

:sus:
Maybe it was me?
Or was it suicide?

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:32 pm

So shoved in a fountain, sliced to bits... Hmm...

Hold on. ALTONVILLE! Is it just me or is that the place in the dinner at the motel!?!?

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous
Topic Author

Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:01 pm

Chapter 2

The villagers are puzzled. A murder has happened and the police don’t seem to be doing anything about it. They have even left the village completely. Dan.N decides to go and have a closer look at the fountain, where Dom’s body was found. The fountain has been drained of water, so there are no clues in the fountain. He walks around it looking for anything that will crack the case wide open. But nothing stands out. He looks up and sighs. Then out of the corner of his eye, he notices some graffiti on a wall down an alley. He walks over to it. It reads “The Darkness returns”. Dan.N stood there trying to think where he has seen it before. What does it mean?

TTheory was also busy trying to solve the murder. He walks to the general store. It’s closed, which is odd as the only time it has ever closed was when the Undead attacked the village. He goes round the back and notices that it has been broken into. He pulls the door open and steps in. The room is dark so TTheory feels around for the light switch. He switches it on. The store is a mess. Jars smashed, boxes thrown across the room, and a red liquid everywhere. Its blood! This is where Dom was murdered. He also notices some black smudges on the light switch. What is it?

Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:35 pm

This all seems very strange

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:57 pm

OK... So Dom was murdered in the general store and his body was dumped in the fountain.

A useful piece of information would be who owns the store, as it can't be coincidence the store is shut and blood is everywhere.

The darkness returns. A celebration of the undead and a murder happening on that day...

Hmm. I think I need to know what the undead really are who owns the store.

Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:24 pm

Hmmm so who killed dom, maybe the shop owner?

amberbarrett123
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:45 pm

Hmmmmm so this is getting interesting.... Their is a few suspects in this to who killed dom..... It could be a villager, the police or the shop owner.

Also he was killed in the shop, and dragged to the fountain or decaputated before....getting to the fountain or was chopped up in the shop. As for the black stuff on the light switch.... It could be anything something from the shop, dirt, mud or dust?.

Looking forward to more clues to this so can piece this together more... I have a good idea at the moment.

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:55 pm

The darkness returns and black marks. Hmm, I am beginning to piece a little of this together.

We need more people working on this. If you are a regular TT user then it is likely you might die. So, we need more brains working on this even when many have died (as when you are dead you are prevented from posting in here).

Danny
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:57 pm

I think I'll do some detective work, visit the crime scene myself to try and figure more out.

Alex
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:54 pm

I'll consult my Cluedo board and see if I can come up with anything :-k

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous
Topic Author

Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:00 pm

Chapter 3

The villagers still have no idea what happened to Dom. There are so many questions that need answers. NemesisRider decides to go for a walk in the woodland around the church to clear his head. The events of the past couple of days have overwhelmed him. It’s a bit of a horrible day. Dark clouds are stretching across the sky for miles. It starts to rain, so NemesisRider decides to cut through the woods, off the path, to get back home. As he heads through he notices something strange on a tree. He goes to examine it. It looks like an animal has been injured as there is blood low on the tree trunk. He searches around for a trail of blood, to see if he can find the animal. He spots some more blood and decides to follows the trail. He follows the trail and it stops just before the church graveyard. But there is no animal in sight. He looks around and notices something sticking out from behind a tree to the left. He walks over to it. There on the floor are the remains of another body. The limbs all separated from the body. It looks like they have been arranged to spell something out. NemesisRider can’t make out what it says, so he climbs a tree. He reaches a high position and looks down. It spells out a number, the number 3. He looks at the number and realizes that the head is at the top. He quickly climbs down and heads over to the head. Its face down, so he grabs a stick and turns it over. It’s Jack!
Last edited by Dom on Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:43 pm

Oh no. Jack is dead! RIP Jack, it was nice knowing you...

A number 3. I'm getting about one or two clues in each chapter.

What I will have to sit and work on is the two people murdered. Dom wrote this story, so it was a little predictable he could die but then Jack... I need to find a form of correlation.

However, it must have been the same murderer. I can guess the murder is maybe not a person because of the brutality of the murders, real murderers tend to be more careful.

However, they may have had help as animals or Zombies (The unread) aren't intelligent enough to spell numbers with body parts and hide them in a fountain.

This is a chinscratcher...

amberbarrett123
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:45 pm

So the story has thickened......
Ah no jacks dead to RIP jack....

The person behind the killing may not be human or is it a very cleaver human.... Or is having help for sure......

And spelling out the number 3 maybe 3 are going to die it more deaths for sure.....

Beginning to put it together a little now....

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:52 pm

Remember Dom said this story would last 3 weeks? That is likely to do with the clue. Also, it's chapter 3.

However, then there is a number in the first one. Seven years since the undead invasion?

I'm starting to make a few guesses now.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous
Topic Author

Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:00 pm

Chapter 4

Over on the other side of the village, the fields had sprung to life with the sound of laughter and music. The fair and circus had rolled into town. Clowns, rides and even a freak show had arrived. The villagers descended on the fair and circus, just to try and forget about the terrible things happening in the village. The circus folk didn’t know about the murders and were happy to see the villagers. They treated them to all kinds of fantastic illusions and rides. But the weather started to turn for the worse. So everyone crowded into a marquee to wait out the storm. The villagers learned that the circus and fair travelled from town to town, bringing joy and delight to those that attend. That was until one night last month when something horrible went wrong. The Ringmaster told the story.

“It started off as a normal day. The birds cheeping high in the trees and the sun was shining brightly. It was a glorious day for fun and laughter. But the crowd weren’t happy. They booed, and they screamed. “Get out of our town” and “You scum” were some but not all the phrases they had used. The horrible comments made our clowns cry, the animals hide, but worst of all, they made one of our performers crack. The glitter, gone from his face, along with his smile. He went crazy and started throwing things at the audience. He let the lions out of their cage and set the tent on fire. It was a horrible day for our circus. The worst part is, we are haunted by it. The police never found him, and we are so scared that he might return to our lovely circus and destroy us”
Once the weather cleared the villagers enjoyed the rest of their day. The circus only stayed for the rest of the day and by 9pm it was gone, just as quickly as it appeared

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:22 pm

Hmm, this is interesting.. that sounds a little like Carnival of Screams.

You got glitter in there Dom! :D

So this maniac is obviously now a suspect. However, if he was that insane would he hide the bodies and spell 3?

Also, 1 month ago this happened in a nearby village (I assume).
To add to that, the police never found him. That sounds familiar...

We need another murder before we can guess more, I wonder who's next...

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:25 pm

I reckon the Ringmaster will be killed. He is nothing more than a stupid monkey who was hired to help assist the murders, but instead he decided to warn Altonville.
The circus was just to grab attention- he warned them, and now he must pay the price?
I got a hunch going!