UK theme parks from another point of view!

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Re: The Amity Island Mystery

Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:00 pm

Ooh, we have a new mystery and it's certainly got off to an intriguing start. Looking forward to seeing how it all unfolds this year!!

saw-x-smile
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:10 am

I can't wait to figure out who's this year's murderer! These mysteries always keep me on the edge of my seat guessing.

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:52 am

I'm betting its..... ME! Muhahaha
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:45 pm

Well, I hope it isnt me! 

Actually love reading these mysteries, looking forward to seeing it unfold!!
credit to sam!

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous
Topic Author

Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:17 pm

Chapter 2

Grace was thrown into the back of a police car and taken to the local police station. She then got dragged out the car and taken to an interrogation room. She sat on a chair and waited, alone in the room. Five minutes later the door burst open and in walked a middle aged man. He walked around the table, placed a tape into the tape recorder and sat down. "The time is 19:40 on Monday 2nd October, Detective Bell present, Questioning one girl by the name of... Say your name," he said as he looked at Grace. "Grace" she said out loud. "Right , young lady. What were you doing hiding in a tree?" he asked her. "I was just being nosy. I usually walk through the park to get to my flower stall on the pier," she answered. Detective Bell looked at her. "You were being nosy. That in itself seems suspicious, you can see why can't you?" he asked her. "Yes Sir. It was a silly thing to do and....." The lights in the interrogation room suddenly turned off. Detective Bell mumbled under his breath about the rubbish fuse box. He got to the door and opened it. Suddenly the sound of gun fire echoed down the corridor. He darted over to Grace and undid her handcuffs. "Right young girly, its time you left. Head down the corridor and out the emergency exit," he said. He drew his gun and headed out the door to the left. Grace darted out of the room after him and turned left into a dimly lit corridor. She slowly made her way down the corridor with the sounds of gun fire echoing through the corridor. She approached the emergency exit and forced the door open. Outside it was as if nothing was happening inside the building. Grace ran  down the street and stopped. Looking around she noticed there wasn't anyone around. The street was completely deserted. She caught her breath, looked at her watch, and then carried on running down the street towards her house. She gets in, locks the door, has a stiff drink and falls sleep on the sofa. She wakes up in the morning to the sound of people outside. She slowly creeps over to the window and peeks out. The streets are bustling with people. 
Parks, Scares and Glitter on Facebook

jackf1tz
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:29 pm

Gunshots in the police station. Someone doesn't like this grace!

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:58 pm

The plot thickens it seems. Is Grace being followed? Is someone out for revenge within the town? This is building up well
I'm the boy with the bubbles

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous
Topic Author

Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:56 pm

Chapter 3

Grace wandered outside and looked at the street bustling with people. She had never seen so many people in the town during the Autumn months. What was going on she thought. The people were all heading in one direction, to the beach. She decided to follow them. Five minutes later she arrived at the seafront and saw what had gathered everyone. The ocean was full of baby whales. Amity Island had become a tourist destination over night. Grace was confused. How did she miss the arrival of the whales. She decided to head back to the police station to see if it would jog her memory. She pushed through the people and arrived at the police station. It was full of life. She walked in and saw Detective Bell. "Excuse me, Detective Bell," she called out. "What can I do for you?" he asked. "Don't you remember me?" Grace asked him. "I'm sorry sweetheart, but I don't. Can I help you with anything?" Grace looked at him puzzled and shook her head. Detective Bell walked away as Grace left the police station. What was going on. She looked at her watch. She decided to check one more place. The Sunkern Gardens. She approached the gardens and saw that it was bustling with people looking at the leaves. Grace was extremely confused. She wandered around a corner and noticed a crowd gathered at the old radio station. She pushed her way through and gasped at what she saw. Inside, was a cage, with two people in it, Dom and Danny. Suddenly a voice came over the speaker system. It was a mechanical voice, as if someone had used a computer to generate it. "As the poison flows round your body, your limbs will slowly start to die one by one. In the safe at the end of the track an antidote sits. First one there survives, the other dies" Dom and Danny looked at each other and started running from one side of the cage to the other. The police suddenly turned up as they were running, and withdrew their guns. They shot at the glass. It was bulletproof. No way in, no way out. Dom and Danny were still trying to reach the safe before the posion took hold. Each of them loosing limbs to the poison. Danny fell to the floor as both his legs gave out. Dom followed. They crawled their way to the end, with Dom managing to reach it before Danny and injecting himself with the antidote. Suddenly the floor gave way and Dom fell out, leaving Danny inside the cage. The fear in his face quickly turned to peace as he succumbed to the poison. 

jackf1tz
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:34 pm

Dom saved himself! But this all seems really strange, why would nobody in the gardens bat an eyelid at this race for Life?

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous
Topic Author

Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:00 pm

Chapter 4

After 5 minutes of bashing against the glass, the police managed to smash it. They ran over to Dom, along with paramedics and got him seen too. Grace turned and headed away from the radio station. She decided to go to the hospital to see if she can talk to Dom. The hospital wasn't that far away and within minutes Grace had arrived outside. There was a lot of police outside. She walked in and went to reception. "Hi. You had someone recently brought in. His name is Dom. I'm a relative," Grace lied. The receptionist looked up what floor and ward Dom was on and gave the information to Grace. Grace headed for the elevator. Dom was on the top floor in the calypso ward. Grace arrived on the top floor and turned right. She saw a lot of police outside the ward. She headed towards to the door and walked straight in. She saw Dom, sat up in bed in a cubicle. She wandered over to him. He looked puzzled. "I'm sorry to barge in like this," Grace said. "I'm Grace. I saw what happened to you. Are you ok?" she asked. Dom looked at her confused. "I'm ok," he said cautiously. "I'm sorry, but don't i recognize you. I swear I've seen you before." Grace smiled. "You may have seen me about on the island, and, I hate to say it, I had a front row seat to what just happened. Its possible you could be getting confused," she replied. Dom smiled. "You're probably right," he said. "So, how can I help you?" he asked Grace. "I hate to ask, but do you remember anything? I just need to know that I won't be in the situation you have found yourself in as I don't think I could handle it," she said. "All I remember is being up at studio 13, helping on set for their new film, what was it called, The Hotel or The Motel, one of the two. I remember walking into the toilet and then waking up in that room with Danny. Oh god, Danny. Did he make it?" Dom asked. Grace shook her head. "He didn't. So this person could be anyone. That's quite terrifying. But thank you. I feel a little bit better. You take care and have a speedy recovery. I shall let you rest." Grace smiled and left. She headed out of the ward. Upon leaving she over heard a conversation between two officers stood on guard. "Have you heard, there isn't enough resources to put onto solving this. Its going to be added to the unsolved mysteries list on the island. We have a lot of unsolved crimes on the island. Anyone would think the police force is useless, hahaha." Grace checked her watch and decided to head home. She knew what she had to do tomorrow.

jackf1tz
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:25 pm

Haunted hotel? Getting a bit of a tower of terror vibe going on!

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous
Topic Author

Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:13 pm

Chapter 5

Grace awoke on her sofa. She sat up with a confused look on her face. She could have sworn she fell asleep in her bed. She must have been sleepwalking. She got up and headed out the door. The streets were yet again bustling with tourists, so Grace had to push her way through the crowds. She headed up the main street and headed towards to local bus stop. ten minutes of waiting and the bus arrived and she got on it. The bus drove off and Grace went and sat at the back. She knew the bus journey would take about thirty minutes to get to the movie studio set as it was the other side of the island. The bus was empty. Just herself and the driver. She put her headphones in and nodded off. The bus turned into a tunnel where it suddenly braked to a stop. Grace awoke with a jolt as she fell of the seat. She sat up and looked out the window to darkness. "Excuse me," she said out loud. "What's going on?" she asked the driver. "Shush young one. There's a commotion up ahead. Keep your head down as it looks like trouble," he said. Grace then saw what he was talking about. Up ahead was a group of people causing havoc in the tunnel. They were wearing gas masks and carrying pick axes. They were smashing windows of other parked cars and scaring people and making them panic. They arrived at the bus. One smashed the front window, covering the driver in shards of glass. The driver got up and pulled a baseball bat out from under his seat. He swung it at the one trying to get into the bus via the window knocking him backwards. Another had forced the doors open and hit the bus driver knocking him out. Grace peered up from behind her seat and saw four masked people walk towards her, dragging pickaxes. They arrived at her and one grabbed her by the neck. He lifted his mask partially off. "Your going to die tonight" he said. He raised his pick axe above her head. He swung it down. Grace awoke with a start. She was dreaming. "Next stop, Amity Studio's" The bus driver called out.

jackf1tz
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:58 pm

Maybe grace is having visions about what Danny and Dom went through! Far Fetched, but a thought.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous
Topic Author

Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:02 pm

Chapter 6

Grace got off the bus and walked over to the gate. The security guard on duty came over. "Hello missy," the security guard said. "How can I help you?" he asked. "Is it possible to have a tour?" Grace asked. "Of course," he replied. "Go to the next gate over. That's where they are done from." Grace smiled and heade over to the other gate. A small queue had formed and she joined it. After about 10 minutes of waiting a smartly dressed middle aged man appeared at the gates. "Welcome, welcome. Welcome to Amity Studio's, home to the magic that is the movies." He opened the gate and gestured for everyone to follow him. "On this tour you will experience the highs of space, the lows of the ocean, the love, the comedy, the fear, the action. We have it all here. We will show you our four studio's. We shall start with the horror icon that is Studio 13. If you'd like to follow me." The group followed the eccentric tour guide. They walked to the far end of the studio and there stood a giant grey building with the words Studio 13. The tour guide headed towards the door. He turned it, but it didn't open. "Oh, this door appears to be locked. Let's try another one," he said. He guided the group around the side. He tried the door handle and it opened. "Aha. Here we go. This way everyone," he said and gestured everyone inside. The room was pitch black. The tour guide felt around for a light switch. He eventually found one and flicked it on. The room was huge. There were loads of set peices scattered around the floor and what looked like four individual sets. The tour guide started to walk further into the room but walked nto an invisible barrier. And then the group noticed. Sounds of shock and surprise surrounded the group. Grace looked into the room and noticed four people. They each seemed to be in a different set with a metal contraption on their chest. The tour guide tried to leave the room but the door was locked behind them. They were stuck. Suddenly a voice echoed throughout the studio. "Ladies and Gentlemen. I give you the chance to prove you have heart. Attached to these four people is a device that will stop their heart unless they find the motel swipe card to deactivate the device. But its not that easy. Some are fake. Dan, Capt. Barnacles, Morgan and Justin. Find the key to live."

At the weekends The Amity Island mystery won't be releasing any chapters as I have to work and then Scaremazing and other scary stuff. But not to panic, there will always be stuff to do. This weekend you get to decide the fate of four members. A poll has been created for you to vote for one of the four currently attached to a device. I won't reveal which way you are voting, but its up to you who you vote for. They may life, they may die. 

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous
Topic Author

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:00 pm

Chapter 7

An alarm sound and all four ran around the set searching the key cards to switch of their devices. Justin ran over to a desk in the corner. He pulled the drawers out and found a key card. He swiped it through his device and and a green light flashed. The device suddenly dropped to the floor. Justin was free. He kept searching through the drawers and found a couple more key cards. He ran over to Dan and gave him the key cards. Dan was over at the giant motel sign rummaging around in some rubbish. He had found a couple of key cards but they didn't work. Justin handed his cards over to Dan to try. He swiped them but still nothing. Morgan and Capt. Barnacles were working together over by the giant windows. Morgan was running around collecting cards on one side of the windows and Capt. Barnacles was on the other side. They were testing cards and then passing them through the window. Suddenly Capt. Barnacles swiped a card and his device flashed green and released. He threw off his device and grabbed more cards and went over to Morgan to help swipe. Dan and Justin were frantically swiping any and every card they could find. Eventually they went over to Capt. Barnacles and Morgan and they worked together. Suddenly a loud buzzing alarm screamed through the room. Everyone looked panicked. Grace watched as both Morgan and Dan's devices flashed red and within seconds they fell to the floor, dead. Grace fainted!

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous
Topic Author

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:01 pm

Chapter 8

Minutes later Grace awoke on the ground with a group of people looking down at her. She sat up and was then helped to her feet. "Sorry about that," she said. "I'm going to get some air." She opened the door and suddenly the glass behind her shattered into a million pieces. The group ran over to Justin and Capt. Barnacles as Grace went outside. She lent against the side of the building taking some deep breaths. She stood up and was about to go back in when Justin came outside. "Are you ok?" Grace asked him. "Huh, what. Oh I'm fine. Just a bit in shock," he replied. He lent up against the building and slid down to the floor. "Why would someone do this?" He muttered. Grace sat down besides him. "I don't know," she replied. "But you are not the first and I doubt you will the last to go through something so horrific. It seems they have a taste for torture." Grace said trying to reassure Justin. "I don't get why he chose us four though," Justin said. "We all worked together and surely who ever is responsible knew that we would all try to work together to get out of it. I think that's why both Dan and Morgan were killed." Justin stood up. "What do you mean you all worked together?" Grace asked. "We worked at The Facility, here on the island. We were watchers of an experiment. We basically watched tv and reported what had happened. You said others had been killed?" Justin asked. "There have been two other deaths," Grace replied. "Danny and NemesisRider have also been killed. Dom and NemeJaney were also trapped but also survived. Justin put his hands on his head. "This can't be happening. They also worked at The Facility. Dom worked here at this studio creating things for the experiments and Janey was in charge of some science department I think. Who ever this person is they are killing Facility employees"

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:25 pm

So, we have 4 dead so far, and 4 survivors - surely it can't be a coincidence that the same number have died as have survived? What is this 'Facility' that's being mentioned too? Is it possible that all this is centred around Grace - afterall, she is the only one to have seen all the traps/trials so far.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous
Topic Author

Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:24 pm

Chapter 9

Grace ran from the studio and hailed a taxi at the gate. She jumped in. "The hospital," she said in an excited manner. She knew she had to go and speak to Dom. The taxi pulled up at the hospital and Grace ran through the entrance and to where Dom was. She burst through the door, but the room was empty. She turned out of the room and heading for the nurses station. "Excuse me," she said to a nurse sat behind a desk. "Yes?" He replied. "I'm looking for Dom. He was in that room," Grace said as she pointed over to the now empty room. "One moment," the nurse relied. He picked up the phone and spoke very quietly into the receiver. He hung up the phone, looked and Grace and smiled. "Someone will be with you shortly. Please take seat." He looked back down at his paperwork. Grace was taken aback by this, but she did as she was told. She took a seat. The door to the left swung open and in walked Justin, NemeJaney and Capt. Barnacles. They walked straight past Grace, ignoring her. They walked out the door the other side of the hospital wing. The door shut behind them and Grace stood up about to follow when "Young lady, where do you think you are going," came a voice. Detective Bell was stood in the doorway to the left. Grace spun on the spot. "Detective Bell, what, what are you doing here?" She asked all confused. "The situation has changed." He replied. "The other experiment has ended and failed. The current one is also failing. We need to sort ourselves out." Grace looked at Detective Bell confused. "What? I don't understand," she said. Detective Bell smiled. "I know. That's the idea," he said as he hit her other the head. Grace fell to the floor unconscious.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous
Topic Author

Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:21 pm

Chapter 10

Justin grabbed one of Grace's legs, while Detective Bell grabbed the other. They dragged her across the Wars and through a set of doors. They continued to drag her down a long dark corridor. They eventually reached a room. Justin picked her up and carried her into the room and placed her unconscious body on the bed in the room. They tied her to the bed and left the room. Grace remained unconscious for days, tied to the bed. Justin came backs daily to check up on her. He felt bad that she had been brought in like this. Grace stirred. Justin stood up and stepped away from the bed. "Who's there," she mumbled. Justin stayed quiet. The door opened and NemeJaney peered her head in. "Come on you. We have work to do," she said to Justin. He opened the door and left the room and followed her. "It's not your fault she's her. But it was needed to be done. She became a liability," Janey said as they entered a huge room full of many screens and computers. Many members of staff were busy working around them as they walked to the centre of the room. "Experiment 10 is supposed to be the one that makes us stand out. The other three experiments failed miserably with us having to clean up the mess from experiment 9 when they got out thanks to that witch. I guess we will just have to reset the experiment?" Adz said, peering up from his screen. "This experiment can't fail. We've already lost too much to let it fail," he finished. "We need to cover up the deaths of two that weren't actually employees of the Facility though. We can't have it getting out that innocent civilians were killed by the experiment," Ladyofthelake said. "But I'm sure I can come up with something," she said. Her screen went blank. Justin looked about the room. "Are we sure we are doing the right thing?" He blurred out. Adz looked up at him. "We are doing what we need to do."

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous
Topic Author

Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:00 pm

Chapter 11

Justin went back to visit Grace. She was sat up in bed. "Hey," she said as he walked in. "Hey," he replied. "How are you feeling?" Grace smiled. "I feel good. I don't know where I am or what's going on but otherwise I feel pretty good." They both burst into laughter. "I'm getting you out of here but first I need to explain what here is," Justin said. He walked over to the bed and started to undo her ties. "Many years ago, The Facility was set up in conjunction with the Ministry of Joy. Unlike the Ministry, we stayed behind the scenes trailing different things to make the world a better place. Just over three years ago, experiment 7 started. We created a village and set up a scenario for a creature we designed that was to be a new kind of weapon. But the experiment failed, " he explained. He led her out the door and to an elevator. They got in and went down. "Experiment 8 followed, this time we were trying to make a person do stuff without knowing they were doing it. But again this experiment failed when the Ministry of Joy got involved and decided to destroy the whole place. Our most recent experiment that ended was Experiment 9. We set up a new village, and put a witch and a demon in charge. The demon did what we thought, but the witch decided to free some villagers. Again the experiment failed. We had to destroy the village." The elevator doors opens and they stepped into the room. It was dimly lit but Grace could make out a train carriage. "The villagers the witch let free arrived here. And they were quickly and swiftly dealt with. No survivors. Experiment 10, well, let's just say that's on going, but you need to escape." Justin led Grace to a door. "Go brought here, follow the corridor and run. Get as far away from here as you can. This corridor though will show you things that you will have never seen before. Close your eyes and run." He pushed her into the corridor and the door slammed shut. She was alone in darkness.