UK theme parks from another point of view!

We are recruiting! A fantastical opportunity has arisen for someone to join Team TTSP as a Forum Moderator. See TTSP News & Your Views for more details.

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Morgan's Dark-Ride Ideas!

Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:27 pm

Ever since I discovered them, dark-rides have held a place in my heart. Not a day goes by when I'm in the mood for a lap on 5th Dimension or Professor Burp's... Even though I never got the privilege to experience either. However, I'm always trying to re-create famous theme-park scenes. I tried to re-create the Vampire Organist and Nemesis Sub-Terra in my room once. I'm never (well, almost never) short of ideas. I frequently dream of my own dark-rides, but sadly never get to make them... So why not post them on a forum?

My first concept is heavily based on Hex. It's called "Rope: The Cold Room". It features several pre-shows before the ride, which is a set of ABC Drop-Towers.
You enter a large show-building, reminiscent of The Towers Ruins. The queue line is very similar to that of Hex, minus the televisions. Before you enter the cinema, a voice-over explains the following:
"During the eighteenth century, the world was much more sinister and strict. For stealing bread you could be severely punished... But nothing could prepare the judges for the controversial hanging of Hannah Whitfield..."
The doors then open into the cinema. The story is explained to guests, with much more theatrical brilliance than my simple script:
"The year was 1867. Among the streets of London lied the decrepit house of Hannah Whitfield, renowned across the black-market for her unusual sixth sense... As she failed to pay her taxes, the Police stormed to her house to evict her. But they where not prepared for her curse. They tried to prosecute her for witchcraft, but Whitfield escaped to the nearby countryside... News of the hunt quickly stormed up across the country, ultimately leading to Whitfield's eventual death..."
The next set of doors open, meaning the guests enter the second pre-show. This is where the secret element lies, which is a tilting floor.
Unlike Duel, where the floor is at a fixed position, hydraulics allow this floor to tilt. Guests enter the room at a level angle, but in certain sections of the show, the floor tilts.
The televisions turn on after a brief strobe and lightning SFX. The TVs blurts out:
"Before Hannah Whitfield could get too far, the arrogant Judge Hopkins stalked her and grabbed hold of her. She was taken to the malevolent Towers to be hanged as a consequence. As if asked if she had any final words, she placed a hex on anyone who prosecuted her and betrayed her. She raised high as furniture shook [floor starts shaking mildly] and the windows smashed... And then... She dropped dead [floor stops at an awkward tilted angle]."
Guests leave the room, confused at the floor beneath. They then take their seats (arrangement like that of Ghost at LL Billund), with each row holding 20 riders. Unlike other ABC towers, the seats manually move, jerk and drop at random. These have "Vest-Restraints". During the two-minute sequence, guests are dropped several times, held straight up and straight down. There are air-cannons placed by the "windows" to give the illusion that they are being smashed. The windows themselves are screens and their visuals explode at the correct time. The room is where Hannah Whitfield would have been hanged. The guests then exit the attraction.

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Morgan's Dark-Ride Ideas!

Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:42 pm

Morgan wrote:
Ever since I discovered them, dark-rides have held a place in my heart. Not a day goes by when I'm in the mood for a lap on 5th Dimension or Professor Burp's... Even though I never got the privilege to experience either. However, I'm always trying to re-create famous theme-park scenes. I tried to re-create the Vampire Organist and Nemesis Sub-Terra in my room once. I'm never (well, almost never) short of ideas. I frequently dream of my own dark-rides, but sadly never get to make them... So why not post them on a forum?

I guess, you can make them within the limits of minecraft, I guess? I've seen NST, duel and hex built within minecraft, but I still guess it doesn't have the same feeling and stuff, and of course, everything is blocky.

Nice idea with that ride :)

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:44 pm

I was originally going to build it in MC but I don't really have the motivation at this time.

Thanks for the positive feedback :)

Capt. Barnacles
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:21 am

Morgan, considering you've got NoLimits 2, I think if you can talk to the right people you could program a custom flat ride experience with all that theming :) I really like the concept, maybe with tweaking here and there to ensure the mechanics would be plausible, this could be a realistic ride idea.
Keep up with Virtual Towers Online on our social media!

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:23 am

I am looking into getting NL2 in closed season when I'm not buying shirts ;)

Thank you!

Altontowersbarlow
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:46 am

Morgan wrote:

My first concept is heavily based on Hex. It's called "Rope: The Cold Room". It features several pre-shows before the ride, which is a set of ABC Drop-Towers.
You enter a large show-building, reminiscent of The Towers Ruins. The queue line is very similar to that of Hex, minus the televisions. Before you enter the cinema, a voice-over explains the following:
"During the eighteenth century, the world was much more sinister and strict. For stealing bread you could be severely punished... But nothing could prepare the judges for the controversial hanging of Hannah Whitfield..."
The doors then open into the cinema. The story is explained to guests, with much more theatrical brilliance than my simple script:
"The year was 1867. Among the streets of London lied the decrepit house of Hannah Whitfield, renowned across the black-market for her unusual sixth sense... As she failed to pay her taxes, the Police stormed to her house to evict her. But they where not prepared for her curse. They tried to prosecute her for witchcraft, but Whitfield escaped to the nearby countryside... News of the hunt quickly stormed up across the country, ultimately leading to Whitfield's eventual death..."
The next set of doors open, meaning the guests enter the second pre-show. This is where the secret element lies, which is a tilting floor.
Unlike Duel, where the floor is at a fixed position, hydraulics allow this floor to tilt. Guests enter the room at a level angle, but in certain sections of the show, the floor tilts.
The televisions turn on after a brief strobe and lightning SFX. The TVs blurts out:
"Before Hannah Whitfield could get too far, the arrogant Judge Hopkins stalked her and grabbed hold of her. She was taken to the malevolent Towers to be hanged as a consequence. As if asked if she had any final words, she placed a hex on anyone who prosecuted her and betrayed her. She raised high as furniture shook [floor starts shaking mildly] and the windows smashed... And then... She dropped dead [floor stops at an awkward tilted angle]."
Guests leave the room, confused at the floor beneath. They then take their seats (arrangement like that of Ghost at LL Billund), with each row holding 20 riders. Unlike other ABC towers, the seats manually move, jerk and drop at random. These have "Vest-Restraints". During the two-minute sequence, guests are dropped several times, held straight up and straight down. There are air-cannons placed by the "windows" to give the illusion that they are being smashed. The windows themselves are screens and their visuals explode at the correct time. The room is where Hannah Whitfield would have been hanged. The guests then exit the attraction.

This is a very creative and equally plausible idea. I could imagine the theme of the ride would be very atmospheric and individual. I would love to see more of your ideas in this topic soon.

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:07 pm

Thank you! I have another idea that develops into a whole area like Nemesis, I came up with a story for it this morning :) I might publish later this evening

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:05 pm

Everything we knew was wrong

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:34 pm

Their brightness will bring darkness

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:46 pm

We tried to craft ourselves utopia before we discovered,
discovered the true meaning of life...

Is this it? Is this the life we were promised?
To struggle in the mud until old age claims us?
To wage wars over the words of ancient Gods,
To send our sons to slaughter in their names?

Mother Earth weeps for the children she loves,
For those who were to be the Star Children,
The inheritors of all that exists.
We were her legacy, her gift to the worlds beyond.

We were destined for so much more,
So much more than what we have become...

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:26 pm

Aurora borealis

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:23 am

So, and update on Shadows: Light Within.

I have created an outline story and a theme, and am currently working hard on writing the scenes. I hope to release it soon. As to what the theme actually is, I am not willing to say what it is. I have left plenty of clues in previous posts. Feel free to post what you think it is (Dan, Janey, Owen and Jack, don't say anything ;) )

However, I am going to link you to a song which I think describes the ride pretty well.

Thank you!
-Morgan

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:37 am

Look Closer

I am now working with someone who has a great knowledge of dark-rides to help me finish the story. Keep your eyes on the topic...

Altontowersbarlow
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:49 pm

Morgan wrote:
Look Closer

I am now working with someone who has a great knowledge of dark-rides to help me finish the story. Keep your eyes on the topic...

I am really looking forward to your announcement and you have marketed this idea perfectly.

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:12 pm

Everyday we're (Peter and myself) are coming up with new ideas and scenes. Can you guess what the theme is? If you guess correctly, I'll send you a piece of concept art via PM...

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:19 am

Some kind of ride, which includes another dimension, or the discovery, our minds a controlled by something else, not us? Like they are being played with? I'm more hyped for this than WC16, and that's saying something :lol
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:44 pm

Morgan wrote:
Everyday we're (Peter and myself) are coming up with new ideas and scenes...

By Peter do you mean "Electricbill"? :yikes: Must be cool working with him if it is!
Check out my NoLimits 2 creations here
"I'm a bit sad that you can't at least look round without being blamed for 75% of all kidnappings ever"

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:15 pm

Haha yes, I'm working with that Peter!

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:44 pm

Update
Progress has definitely moved on. The exit corridor has been planned out, and I'd like to share with you some plans of scene 3:
I hope this gives you an insight as to what the theme could be. If you think you know it, post your thoughts and you might receive a PM...
It should all be finished within the next few weeks, then I'll write it up, get some feedback, alter it and share it with you :)
-Morgan

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:47 pm

We've been watching you this whole time. You just need to look closer