UK theme parks from another point of view!

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Morgan's Dark-Ride Ideas!

Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:33 am

Ooooh one of the computers says "they say I am inferior..." (Can't read the last bit) interesting!
Ride count 2017: 422!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 933!
Cred count: 70!

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:08 am

I'm guessing it's going to be a bit like a Horrid Henry ride, as you have mentioned mischief, Friday the 13th and the 'odd' computer. So my guess is that its going to be like a typical school day, but lessons turn to calamity and go all wrong!
credz to sam!
feed the flames. be chosen.

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:57 pm

Update
Work on School of Mischief Tours is going quite well! I've spent the past few days working on advertising for Project SCK-6. I have released the first video teaser, and another anagram. Once you have solved the anagram, add it to the websites URL. You're in for a surprise...
leinvh-gagsna
Good luck!
-Morgan

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:00 pm

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:00 pm

NOTE: This attraction could work in an area with other rides. However, I have not had the time to consider what these may be. The transit system is based of a Triotech ride system and that of Shadows: Light Within and Pandemic. Enjoy the show!

Area, queue & station
Guests find themselves outside the façade, which represents a large secondary school. The loud sound of the school jazz band can be heard, with the “band” being an animatronic show, underneath a marquee. The marquee is to the right hand side of reception (which is the dark-rides station), with the entrance to the left. The queue circles round a large fountain, representing students that have rose to fortune by attending the school. Eventually, guests find themselves inside the school’s reception, where they board the train. The long trains hold three per row, six per car. Each car is a different colour, and the lap-bar restraints are designed to look like pencils. There is one lap-bar per row. The office is the operator’s booth, and the ride hosts are dressed as teachers (wearing the typical black hats to signify them).

Scene one- Meeting with the head
The trains leave reception into the main hall, where there are many parents sitting on dull, plastic chairs. Each car spins around, so that they are all facing the stage, where the head teacher is giving a speech. The head is a woman in her sixties, with short blonde hair, and her face has been overdone with makeup. She holds an expensive leather hand, which is overflowing with lipstick and other makeup tools. Eventually, she begins her speech:
“Welcome to my fine secondary school, where your children shall learn only the finest life lessons. I am Mrs. Witherbottoms, the schools fabulous head teacher. In today’s tour, we’ll be taking you through some of our fantastic classes, before we hand you over to the brilliant school orchestra. By the end of the night, you’ll see why your kids will love my perfect school, where education is king, and naughtiness isn’t a problem… Sometimes. Right, there is no time to loose! On with the tour!” The trains leave the hall, and enter…

Scene two- Mathrobatics
The train slowly passes through the doors, and into the Mathrobatics room. This room is dark, and the brick walls are painted black (this is so that the special effects can work properly). To the riders left, is a teacher. He is wearing a suit, with compasses and pencils in his pockets, but he is lifting weights and wearing sweat bands. He is shouting out sums (eg. “4+4= what, students?”). The students, on the opposite side, are stacked together, forming each number, from 1-9. When the teacher shouts out a sum, the stack of students that form that number is lit up, with the students chanting out that number.

Scene three- Language Science
The train enters the Language Science room. This room is not as dark as Mathrobatics. Each student can be seen speaking different languages into big, black boxes. When they have done so, they press a button, and the dictionary of said language pops out. The teacher exclaims:
“Here, we test our language skills, by putting science to the test! Very good class!”

Scene four- Detention
There are sets of desks, left and right of the track. Each has a student sat at it, ‘writing’ out lines, such as I shall make fart jokes. In the left hand corner of the room, is a student standing on a balcony, who then flies above the scene holding onto a large paper-plane (like the original ghost corridor in Alton Towers’ Haunted House). The students shouts:
“Freeeeeeedom, here I coooome!”
The paper plane flies through an open air vent.
The train then comes to a sudden halt, and a teacher stands by the train:
“Ugh, not again. Right then, tour people. Please put on your safety goggles for the rest of the tour, otherwise one of you cheeky nutcases will sue us £2, which is more money than we have.”
The ‘safety goggles’ are in fact 3D glasses, which are stored in little pots before guests put them on. They are attached to these pots by wires, so they don’t get stolen.

Scene five- DT
The train enters a large, dusty room, where students are making tables. There are no animations, the cars spin around to face a screen. This is so that some of the effects be performed safely.
The students are sawing wood, bashing hammers at nail etc. Each time a saw saws or a hammer bashes, sawdust flies everywhere, occasionally ‘flying’ out the screen. Some student’s necks jitter about, sparking.

Scene six- Angry teacher
The train enters a broom cupboard, and circles around a janitor (which is an animation). He is looking sweaty and tired. Suddenly, the train stops yet again, and the janitor speaks in a cockney:
“You must be the tour, right? Well, you’ve probably been wondering how the students are being so perfect and compliant to everything. Right? Well guess what!? They ain’t no people. They’re robots! Weird, eh? They take ya kids, turn ‘em into robots, and watch everything you are doing! Why, ye ask? It’s because Mrs Witherbottoms is an alien from another planet! Lots and lots of movement will confuse them, and break ‘em! If you could go down the sports hall whilst the choir perform, you can break ‘em? Aye? Perfect! Go on, off ye pop!”

Scene seven- Chase through the School
The train leaves the cupboard, and slowly goes through a long corridor. Suddenly, a load of robot-students can be seen. They command you to stop, but the train launches into a figure eight (the cars spin many times during this), before flying into three small bunny hops (the cars turn around backwards during this). Throughout this, there are many strobe lights, and students jumping out from classrooms.

Scene eight- Choir (Finale)
The train slows down once more, as it enters the sports hall. Parallel to the track is a screen. As in scene five, the cars turn to face the screen. Suddenly, the students can be seen performing Ode to Joy. At the main hit towards the end of the song, the students are lit up. The finale is just like Triotech’s hand gesture shooting system. Every time a guest ‘fires’, a student gains damage, before blowing up into glitter. Each cars ‘lasers’ are the colours of the cars themselves. This scene lasts for about one minute. Then, the train enters the offload station.

Once again, I'd like to thank you all for taking the time for reading my project! It's been a really weird one to work on, I had to get the balance of laughs and terror just right. Project SCK-6 is coming out next month; you might have seen some videos flying about the Facebook page.
What do you think to School of Mischief Tours?

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:00 pm

The start of power.

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:00 pm

Competition

For a chance to see the logo and several exclusive images before release date, find the hidden words in the posters. Add the word to the URL of http://projectsck-6.weebly.com/ . Each clue will reveal a letter. Get all six letters, make the word. Then, send the word to me (either via Facebook message or Private Message on TTSP Forum). If the word is correct, you shall be entered.
The competition closes at 23:59 on 28th February. The winner shall receive the images shortly.
Good luck!
-Morgan

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:00 pm

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:00 pm

Creature's like another.

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:00 pm

I've been sent this footage, I'm not entirely sure what it means.

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:05 pm

Our savior.

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:27 pm

Reminds me a bit of Blue Fire at Europa Park, and it did open in 2009. Mack ride system for the dark ride maybe?
Check out my NoLimits 2 creations here
"I'm a bit sad that you can't at least look round without being blamed for 75% of all kidnappings ever"

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:32 pm

Most of my attractions use a concept transit system that would be developed by Mack. This ride, however, uses a transit that is already used by Mack quite often.

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:03 pm

I'm intrigued Morgan... What are you working on? ;)
Check out my NoLimits 2 creations here
"I'm a bit sad that you can't at least look round without being blamed for 75% of all kidnappings ever"

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:10 pm

Project SCK-6.

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:10 pm

Omnimover for the transit system?
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:18 pm

I'm saving that for my May project.

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:22 pm

Today is a big day for Project SCK-6! The reveal video is just saving now, before it will be sent to my collaborator for approval.

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:45 pm

Cleanse your soul... Join the hunt tomorrow.

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:00 pm

Area, queue and station

Before we unveil what Demon Hunt really is, I need to explain a few things.

Shortly after the debut of Shadows: Light Within, I quickly got to work on Curse of the Cave. I had been working with someone else to help finalize a few details, recommend a few changes etc. Suddenly, he became busy with work, so I found someone else.
NemesisRider.
After we both shared ideas on some of our 2016 projects, I suddenly asked:
"These two projects should take me up to the beginning of March, then I think we could do a collaboration- You do the coaster, I develop a storyline and theme?"
Thus, Project SCK-6 was born (it stands for Sam-Mack 2016)

Many Skype calls later, a bit of help from Dan C here and there, and here we are!

You can find a video of the coaster here.

The ride shall be available to download on Monday, any further updates from Demon Hunt shall be in Sam's own topic :)
-Morgan