UK theme parks from another point of view!

We are recruiting! A fantastical opportunity has arisen for someone to join Team TTSP as a Forum Moderator. See TTSP News & Your Views for more details.

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Re: Morgan's Dark-Ride Ideas!

Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:33 pm

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:39 pm

Update
Just thought I'd let you know how things are going on with project_disconnect. It's a difficult one to work on- so far I have a facade, finale and exit path confirmed. The reason it's taking so long is because I am putting my all into it... Who knows, it could even beat Shadows: Light Within! :P
At this rate, it will be will be unveiled mid-July, with the script arriving late-July/early-August.
-Morgan

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:28 pm

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:38 pm

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:02 pm

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:41 pm

The console is trying to tell you something- what is it?

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:00 am

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:42 pm

Update
I'd just like to apologize for the lack of updates on Chronicle. I've been stuck with no inspiration since I announced the name. Within the past hour I've pretty much finished the rides outline. Now I need to finalize all the little details and make a diagram explaining how the trains work (it's very over complicated), before I can write the script. All going to plan, I hope to release the script within a fortnight.
-Morgan

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:15 pm

Update
Well I suppose it's about time I told you how the effects in Chronicles washing machine finale are going to work.
I figured out that there was no way of cramming in any effects or even a screen to finish off the narrative. The only way: Using the power of VR, and only for the finale.
When you board the train, you pass through scenes as you would do on a normal dark ride, seeing practical effects and animatronics acting out a story. Just before you enter the finale, you're handed a VR headset, so whilst the finale sequence is in full swing, the story can be finished off.
I decided that the headsets I'd want using are the awesome HTC Vives. During the main ride, the headsets are stowed behind your seat, with a gaming PC underneath to power it. When you get to the VR loading platform, a member of staff takes it out and hands it to you.
Train design for a ride like this has been harder than usual. I've had to figure out where the headsets would be stowed when out of use, and how to access the computers in case the software running the VR program was to fail. Just behind the computers/VR holding box I decided to have a compact walkway, that can be extended for when maintenance is needed.
Once again I'd like to apologise for the lack of updates on this attraction. It's been very, VERY hard to figure out how it'd all work, and making promos would be even harder.
As promised, I've attached a (crude) sketch of how the ride cars would look. When the main script is released, I'll try and draw a neater, more accurate/detailed one.
-Morgan

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:13 pm

After many weeks of putting it off, it's about time that I announce that Chronicle has been cancelled/severely delayed... by a year.
I found that the story line just didn't work and would have felt hideously cheesy, and, if I'm honest, a bit silly. The lesson? Don't focus on a project when you've just had the idea for it. All the other projects I've done have been worked on months before I announce I'm working on it, whereas Chronicle spontaneously happened shortly after Smileworks was released.
However, my December project will be HUGE, or at least, huge when compared to the others. And I've got over three months until I plan to release it (and I've been working on it for a very long time now!)
-Morgan

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:02 pm

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:00 am

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:28 pm

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:35 pm

Deep.

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:00 pm

Flash.

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:35 pm

Secrets.

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:04 am

After Chronicle was cancelled I knew I had make up for lost time. So I thought not release one, but three concepts at Christmas.
Gremlins: The Ride- December 23rd
I've been planning this one for quite a while now. I felt that, during Pandemic's development, that I ought to release a seasonal ride- so I experimented with a few ideas before seeing what developing an IP ride was like. And thus, Gremlins: The Ride was born. Guests would be taken pass through iconic sets, meeting dozes of mischievous Gremlin animatronics on their way, before culminating in a high-speed finale.

Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Reimagined- December 27th
Most people were disappointed with Thorpe Park's 2016 investment, mainly due to how it failed to deliver so many promises. So I thought to myself- "What would I change?" And that's how this project really came about. The order of events are the same, but I tried to make it scarier and more thrilling. And yes, the dolls ARE finally involved. But the demons have (unfortunately) been fired.

Shadows Light Within: New Scenes- 30th December
Not long after the original script was released, I kept this ride on my mind as I thought something was missing- so I went back and decided to entirely re-do the script, changing a scene or two (or three) along the way. Also, with these adjustments comes a more complete area concept- I've focused on adding in some really immersive queuing areas so the line seems shorter.

Hopefully this announcement has thrown you off guard- and there's more than meets the eye with this project!
-Morgan

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:56 am

With only a few days to go until the projects start being released, the scripts are pretty much ready to go (with the exception of DBGT V2, which needs a fair bit of work). If you fancy reading the scripts as soon as they come out, the times are listed below:
Gremlins- 23rd Dec, 8pm
DBGT V2- 27th Dec, 9pm
Shadows V2- 30th Dec, 10pm
-Morgan

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:00 pm

Area
Guests are welcomed into the area by a torn banner, which has been vandalized by the Gremlins- they’ve pained over the “Welcome”, and put silly scribbles.
The area itself looks just like a normal town square- but upon closer inspection, everything is a bit off. The bins are all dented, the paint is peeling and whenever someone flushes a toilet, a Gremlin is heard to say “mmmmm yum yum”. The shops of the area reflect this oddity theme.
One of the smaller facades holds a family walkthrough, dubbed “Peltzer’s Invention Hall”. It features many traditional illusions and fun house activities such as trommel tunnels, mirror mazes, ending in a slide. Each element is themed to one of Rand Peltzers (broken) creations. It’s a small attraction to entertain everyone, and for those too scared for Gremlins: The Ride.
The façade for Gremlins: The Ride is themed to Mr Wings Chinese Mystery Emporium. The queue takes guests through the backstreets of the area, establishing it as an unusual, perhaps dodgy area.

Preshow
A large group of guests are led into Mr Wings shop itself. It’s a small room but is littered with ancient, mysterious artefacts. The smell of incense sticks fills the air, accompanied with a thin smoke shrouding the room, and the shop is very dimly lit.
On a high up shelf sits a dusty old box, where Gizmo is presumably sitting. The box occasionally shakes as he sings his song.
When everyone is inside, the door slams shut with a loud bang, and all the lights disappear. A few seconds of the inky blackness, before Mr Wings frail voice is heard;
“With Mogwai comes much responsibility. There are three rules about Mogwai. Never show bright light. Never feed after midnight. Never get wet.”
After a few seconds pause, the audience are sprayed with water. A clock then can be seen hitting midnight.
Another pause, before some slow strobes show that there’s a Gremlin being lowered down into the audience via a rope. When he is a foot or so above them the lights stop so he can reset. A set of doors then open, leading through to a corridor that connects to the station.
This is a very smoky and twisty corridor, with a tilted floor effect, pulsating green and purple lights, married up to the bass-y 80’s theme tune.

Station
The station is just as smoky, but is a much larger room. The concrete walls are covered with graffiti; some sparse, dead leaves cover the floor; traffic lights flicker between signals.
The ride itself uses Mack’s Inverted Power Coaster, similar to that of Europa Park’s Arthur. However, Unlike Arthur, the trains look hideously grotesque and slimy. The trains continuously move throughout the station.

Scene One- The Kitchen
The train slowly moves into a houses kitchen. Everything seems normal at first- but not for long. The train slows down as the lights begin to flicker, and the oven begins to spark. A snarl is heard moving around the set, achieved by using the trains in-built speakers. Once it’s moved from right-to-left, the train moves on.

Scene Two- The Box
The train crawls through into a much smaller, darker room. In here are three jack-in-a-boxes, lit by three individual spot lights. One opens suddenly, revealing a clown and its signature, sinister giggle. The second shortly follows and does the same. The third, however, is different. There’s a longer pause before this one opens. When it does open, the clown isn’t there, but a Gremlin instead. It chuckles and snarls, and some simple strobes reveal that there are more Gremlins behind.

Scene Three- Up and out
This room is designed to look like the infamous Mrs Deagle of the film lives. Immediately after you enter the set, a Christmas Tree tumbles down towards the guests; it falls underneath their feet, narrowly missing. Gremlin creatures are seen wrangling in tinsel and threatening to throw baubles at the audience.
Once the train has been attacked by the tree, it moves on to see a staircase. Mrs Deagle is sat on a stair-lift, and it speeds up its designated ramp. As the chair reaches the top of the flight, the train speeds up with it, and follows it. The chair is ultimately thrown out of a window, and the train dives out of the house to mimic this motion.
The train flies down to ground level, and into the street as they twist down a tight helix, into another building.

Scene Four- The Bar
The train slows down as it crashes through a hole that the Gremlins have already made. After a short corridor, guests enter the main bar room. In here are dozens of Gremlin animatronics, all performing different stunts. Some dance to the loud disco-music; some play cards; some demand more drinks from the struggling barmaid; and so on.

Scene Five- The Chase
The train slows down in a pitch-black room before stopping. Silence. Without warning, a huge air cannon goes off, and strobe lights reveal a Gremlin driving a combine harvester. It drives towards the audience. As the vehicle gets closer, the ride-vehicle speeds off into a fast, roller-coaster finale. More strobe lights show that cars are being flipped, explosions are being set off, and that Gremlins are wreaking havoc amongst the city.
Once the train has slowed down, it goes through a simple corridor filled with very bright strobe lights, and silhouettes of Gremlins falling over. A grotesque, striped Gremlin is seen at the end of the corridor, crumbling away under the lights.

Exit
The offload station looks very similar to the onload- however it is a separate room. Guests are led down a tight room where the ceiling isn’t very high off of the ground- in here, air-cannons fire to make guests jump. The exit then connects to the exit of the walkthrough attraction.

This was an odd project for me as I've always favored original ideas over IPs, but I shook it up a little and came up with this odd little thing. I'd like to say a huge thanks to those who helped me on this, and for to you for reading. Not a lot of people read these so when someone does it means a lot to me.
Have a very Merry Christmas!
-Morgan

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:02 pm

Just thought I'd let you all know I've swapped the release dates of Shadows and DBGT V2. This is because there's still a bit to do on DBGT, and with it being Christmas tomorrow I won't be able to work on it, giving me a day to finish it off.
It wouldn't be Ghost Train without a delay!
-Morgan