UK theme parks from another point of view!

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Morgan's Dark-Ride Ideas!

Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:56 pm

The music I created for Curse of The Cave is now online in high-quality. This music would be during the madhouse section of the ride. You can view it here.
Check out my NoLimits 2 creations here
"I'm a bit sad that you can't at least look round without being blamed for 75% of all kidnappings ever"

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:05 am

This is the most important teaser yet. Get one of the clues correct, expect a secret message. Get both correct, expect a secret image...

NemeJaney
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:38 pm

Oooooh mysterious :P listening to the latest music posted on here and reading this topic is helping get an atmosphere of it in my head

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:49 pm

Yes, I often play the chosen music very loudly sometimes to give myself an idea of atmosphere, and that often helps shape the attraction. Pandemic also has a soundtrack, but it's not all from one thing (and one of the songs will be hinting another project!)

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:51 pm

Just over a day until the plague hits...

Can't wait? Keep up to date with this countdown

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:00 pm

NOTE: This is a very sinister and foreboding attraction. You have been warned.

Area
Guests enter the small area through an abandoned office block. Its windows have been smashed, the doors torn down, and all interior is in a poor state. To add immersion, the office block smells of urine. Once they have left this building,this song plays at a moderate level. At the back of this small area is the cinema, where a large chunk of the ride is set. It is an old cinema; its red paint is peeling off; the doors have been covered by big sheets of rotting wood. The Pandemic logo is where the film listing would be, as in this image (edited promotional image for Thorpe Park 2013):
To the left of the façade is the entrance to the attraction. The sign is held up by splintered wood.

Queue
The queueing area is separated by dilapidated brick wall. The path meanders over a boggy field, with many upturned trucks, canisters and trees. Every time the music hits the dramatic portion, many flame and smoke effects switch on. Some parts of the queue even wobble. After this section, the queue enters a partially destroyed house. Despite the dirty pots and pans, there is no sign of life. This song and this one play. Eventually, guests find themselves at the back of the Cinema. Inside is a straight corridor of ten meters, which is dimly lit in blue. Old film posters are hung around. This room is deadly silent. At the end, is the pre-show.

Preshow
A large number of guests enter the small dome. It is also lit in blue. To one side is a bar, with dusty stools in front and smashed bottles behind. Once the door has shut, the lights go off, and the show begins.
The curved wall of the bar is a large, 360 screen. It displays a globe.
“You find yourselves inside the middle of a hell. A hell where nothing lives. The world was hit by the plague with zero warning. Before we knew it, corpses lined the streets. But they stood up. Walked. And spread the disease. You find yourselves in a cinema, months later. We have developed the cure. We need someone, someone to round up the infected and send them to their end. You are their bait. You have the job of taking them to damnation…” As this is said, the globe slowly turns red, showing the infected areas. (Music) As soon as the show ends, the door flies open, and a soldier (covered in blood) jumps out. He shouts at you, and orders you to follow him.

Station/Scene one- The Bathroom
Guests are shouted at by the Soldier as they make their way through a long, dark, smoky corridor. There are miniature air-jets in the floor that activate at random (as used in Hocus Pocus Hall). Some other soldiers jump out, barking orders as they make their way to the station.
The station is a destroyed bathroom, with toilet-doors instead of air gates. Each door is in a different state. Some have been ripped in half, some have bullet-holes gaping through. All ride-ops are dressed in Army camouflage, and rush guests into their seats (to suit their character and push throughputs). The soldiers leave, the toilet doors shut, and the show begins.
Suddenly, there is a loud bang and flash in the corner, plunging the station into darkness. When they come back on, there are several members of the Infected standing by the walls. The train suddenly speeds up and out of the bathroom.
The train speeds through several other rooms, including a screen, the kitchen and the box office. Each room is infested with the Infected. Many jump out at the riders faces, some squirt water as their “spit”. When the music gets intense, this signifies the beginning of the scene.

Scene two- Trapped
Eventually, the train bursts through two large doors into a very small, dark, smoky room. The train comes to a halt. This room is very small to make it very intense and claustrophobic. Bangs and screeches can be heard from behind, as if the Infected are trying to break in. The train goes back and forth minutely, trying to bang the door in front. As the doors ahead open, the train rushes forward, and into the city. (Music)

Scene three- City of the Undead
The train slows down, but it still moves quite quickly. This scene is all about adding tension and nerve, rather than delivering straight up scares and screams. Surrounding the track are many dilapidated buildings. Some have smoke rising from their windows, and one has a large fire bursting out the top. Many dead bodies line the streets (like Scene 6 of Shadows: Light Within). One particular body has a concealed water sprayer in its mouth, so it seems he/she is coughing up blood. Some Infected bodies crawl across and stumble. (Music)

Scene four- Rest
After you have been round the plague ridden streets, the train enters an Elderly People home. Inside, the old fashion music sets the scene. The dim lights slowly fade, on and off (like in Th13teen’s station). The train circles around a circle of seats, where one person sits. The old man has a bloody neck; half of his glasses are missing. The train then travels down the corridor. Either side are doors, where the rooms are. Several doors burst open, with the Infected reaching out for the riders. The train suddenly rushes out of the building.

Scene five- The Lab (Finale)
As the train leaves the Elderly Peoples home, many Infected citizens “chase” the train into a laboratory. There is a big sign saying “INFECTED RESTORING ZONE”. The train bursts through the doors, and there are large tanks surrounding the track. Each has an Infected person trapped inside. Green gas rises in each chamber; the bodies twitch as their skin bubbles and their neck moves and ceases. The rider sees Soldiers forcing Infected ones into chambers and switching them on. The music is very intense.

Offload and Exit
The train enters a hospital, full of people receiving treatment. Once guests have left the train, they must pass through “Decontamination”. This is a small section that is very similar to the ending of Nemesis Sub-Terra. Many strobes, water effects, and soldiers jumping out wearing gas masks. The music is not too "in your face". The second section has a different feel, and is much more intense. These are people who have lost their families, and see you as responsible. These people get very close, question you, shout at you, and cry at you. Some wield axes, some don’t. At the very end, there is a traditional chase by a man with a chainsaw. This is to ensure that Pandemic is a memorable experience. The music is very loud. The exit is to the right of the façade, inside a shop. This is a great suspense builder, as guests can see other guests bursting out the doors.

That's another project done! Once again I'd like to thank you all for paying attention to the project. It's been a fun one to work on. My next project will come out in February Half-Term... January will be very busy, devoting most of my time to http://projectsck-6.weebly.com/ , which is due to come out just before opening day. Have a very Merry Christmas!
-Morgan

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:37 pm

Emporium wrote:
Not sure if this ride is family friendly!! :lol

Definitely not family friendly :D

Well done Morgan, good concept and what would no doubt be quite terrifying.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:21 pm

Haha, I'm glad you enjoyed it. The next three concepts are family rides, to make up for two, err... "mature" rides [emoji38]

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:15 pm

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:07 pm

I know I say this each time Morgan, but it's true... Your rides should be in real parks, they all are well themed and thought out. Agreeing with Andy, this ride is not for families!
credz to sam!
feed the flames. be chosen.

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:52 pm

Don't worry, the next two attractions aren't gory or anything, I promise (kind of)

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:57 pm

Morgan wrote:
Don't worry, the next two attractions aren't gory or anything, I promise (kind of)

Morgan, that 'kind of' worries me... :lol
credz to sam!

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:02 pm

How do you like your explosions?

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:24 pm

Morgan wrote:
How do you like your explosions?

A lot... If they are performed correctly! :yikes:
credz to sam!

tcw1993
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:38 am

I've always always preferred dark rides to major attractions, just because I think more often than not there is a lot more thought that goes into them, I've had many a time day dreaming about different attractions, a mental hospital themed attraction "the asylum" and a deranged horror circus! Keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i love sub terra. By the looks of it, the only one.

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:01 am

Dark-rides, if done right, can easily beat any coaster. Shadows: Light Within was worked on for 92 days (from the initial idea to the concept I have published), so a lot of thought was put in. You test things quite a bit. I remember there where two different versions of scene seven and a pre-show, but these where exchanged so the attraction could have more of a "flow", if you like. Curse of the Cave was almost entirely different. There where always two pre-shows and the madhouse, but the character design was the challenging part (this is why it was delayed by a few weeks). Lot's of thought was put into the characters to make sure it all made sense.

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:48 pm

Morgan wrote:
Dark-rides, if done right, can easily beat any coaster. Shadows: Light Within was worked on for 92 days (from the initial idea to the concept I have published), so a lot of thought was put in. You test things quite a bit. I remember there where two different versions of scene seven and a pre-show, but these where exchanged so the attraction could have more of a "flow", if you like. Curse of the Cave was almost entirely different. There where always two pre-shows and the madhouse, but the character design was the challenging part (this is why it was delayed by a few weeks). Lot's of thought was put into the characters to make sure it all made sense.

Have you ever considered being a dark ride designer for real?
credz to sam!

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:26 am

Oh yes, I'd love to work for Merlin Magic Studios.

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:10 pm

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:40 am