UK theme parks from another point of view!

We are recruiting! A fantastical opportunity has arisen for someone to join Team TTSP as a Forum Moderator. See TTSP News & Your Views for more details.

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Music Festivals

Tue May 30, 2017 10:53 pm

So it's coming up to the summer which means music festivals are just around the corner! Just a general discussion about anything music festival related no matter what type or how long the festival is :) Reviews, tips, announcements, anything related is welcome.

Thought i would open this with a brief review of a festival i recently visited.

Slam Dunk Midlands 2017
NEC Birmingham

This was the first date of the annual May day bank holiday festival featuring music ranging from Alternative to Metal core to acoustic.

I managed to catch a hand full of bands from some being a first time checking out to some being my 7th time seeing!The location as at the NEC in Birmingham taking over the surrounding area of Hall 1 and the Genting Arena. It was really well laid out and was much easier to work around as compared to the previous year where it was often cramped and clustered when trying to make your way to the stages.

I managed to catch out the following bands.

Too Close To Touch
Crossfaith
WSTR
Bury Tomorrow
Area 11
Reel Big Fish
Don Broco
Enter Shikari

Also met Set If Off (mainly for my sister who is a huge fan :lol )

The day was fantastic and the was organised ok (we was let thru very early but told to go back but otherwise was great.

Best set: Don Broco/Enter Shikari (Main reason i was there)

Don Broco & Enter Shiakri were both phenomenal and bought such great energy into their sets and made the main stage their own. They truly deserve the main stage slots.

Worst set: Bury Tomorrow (With much disappointment)

Bury Tomorrow are one of my favourite heavy bands at the moment and are a fantastic live band. This was my 7th time seeing them and was definitely the worst. This wasn't down to the band. They were delayed by 20 minutes for technical faults and the music mixing was dreadful, you couldn't hear the unclean and clean vocalist and made for a sad/disappointing experience, i left half way thru the set due to this poor display.

Honourable mentions: Don Broco's Pretty & Crossfaith Sound Check Jam

Don Broco earlier on in their set got everyone in the pits to join the push up squad and start to do push ups in the crowd which was fantastic. How do you top that? During their new song, the band's vocalist and drummer entered the crowd and created a massive mosh pit for the crowd which was superb, great fun and awesome to see a band get stuck in with the fans.

During Crossfaith's sound check before their set, they were tuning their instruments like normal but then proceeded to jam to which the crowd thought was the start of the set! Everyone got so pumped and the crowd got in the rhythm and carry on throughout the Jamming session (the pits were opened and taken advantage of :lol). The band then just stopped midway through without warning and walked off! Leaving all of us amazed and left fooled until 5 minutes later when their set had started!

Verdict:

This year was my favorite out of the 4 years previously i've been. The bands were fantastic and atmosphere was there. Such good fun being apart of such special moments especially seeing Enter Shikari perform their first album in full for the 10 year anniversary.

If you like your alternative/pop punk/metal core music. This festival is one to keep an eye on

I'm the boy with the bubbles

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Music Festivals

Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:37 am

I'm making it to quite a few music festivals this year... Including British Summertime: Hyde Park, Wireless Festival, YNOT Festival, Boardmasters, Latitude Festival & Fusion Festival. I will try and give full reviews of all of them after I've experienced them! First up is BST: Hyde Park, where i'm going to see Martin Garrix & Justin Bieber (on July 2nd). I am most excited for YNOT Festival & Wireless Festival, due to their fantastic line ups this year and great atmospheres at both, hence why they both are fully sold out!
credz to sam!
feed the flames. be chosen.

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:10 pm

https://www.redbull.tv/live/AP-1RCU26MF92111/segment/AP-1RA12TWTN1W11/fufanu sorry for the double post, but thought this post would be worthwhile... The Gorillaz have got a music festival for one day only at Dreamland Margate, called Demon Dayz. The link is a live stream of the event, the Gorillaz are performing on the main stage at approximately 9.05pm, very, very excited! I'm a big fan of the Gorillaz, so this should be great!
credz to sam!
feed the flames. be chosen.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:52 pm

Stan.H wrote:
where i'm going to see Justin Bieber

You poor person :no:

In all seriousness I wish you luck, I saw him at a festival last year (no one else was on) and he was absolutely awful. He lost half the crowd and shouted "Hello London" three times when the festival in question was in Essex, it didn't help that many times he held the mic by his leg whilst the pre-recorded vocals played yet he claimed he wasn't lip syncing. He was absolutely diabolical!

Jayvk_
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:49 pm

I'm off to my local free festival, Godiva on the 7-9th July. For a free festival there's alot of decent acts from all genres! The Stranglers, Mallory Knox, Pulled Apart By Horses, Example, The Amazons, Lucy Rose, Kate Nash, Cast, Alabama 3, Panjabi MC, The Darkness, Badfinger, Lucy Spraggan, AJ Tracey, Not3s and more. Also off to Reading Festival for the whole weekend in August and I cannot wait!

Michelle
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:55 pm

I had never heard of Godiva... but now I'm seriously considering looking at going for the Sunday! How does the no ticket thing work? 

Jayvk_
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:13 pm

Michelle wrote:
I had never heard of Godiva... but now I'm seriously considering looking at going for the Sunday! How does the no ticket thing work? 

Usually, you turn up and come through the turnstiles (All security do is check your bags) and you're in. It's in a section of a massive park so there's no limit, you just turn up and you're in really. If you leave the 'Arena' and go to somewhere like the fair right next to it, you'll just have to go through security again. 
They said on their site though that due to recent events it will be improved security and to get there earlier as there'll most likely be queues.
Also, just gonna plug this here. I made a clashfinder which makes it slightly easier to see who's playing when :)https://clashfinder.com/s/gv2017/