UK theme parks from another point of view!

We are recruiting! A fantastical opportunity has arisen for someone to join Team TTSP as a Forum Moderator. See TTSP News & Your Views for more details.

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Last Game You Played and Your Rating

Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:55 pm

Since there is a topic like this for films, I thought there should be one for video games!

Planet Coaster (PC) - 9/10 

Love this game, its all that I could have hoped for in a spiritual successor to RCT3, all theme park enthusiasts should have this game! I just hope they add hotels, waterparks and more updates to the game, then it would be perfect!

Job Simulator (PSVR PS4) - 10/10

This is everything a VR game should be, charming, funny, addictive, whats you want to say "hey dude check this out" and just plane fun. Its a game that makes you think "what can i do next" and every little thing is executed brilliantly, Rick and Morty fans will recognise a certain voice in the game and it is now a game in my top 5.

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3D (3DS) - 2/10

Just avoid it.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!

Sawboss
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Last Game You Played and Your Rating

Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:44 pm

Ah, great idea!

Factorio (PC) 10/10

Possibly the most addictive game I've ever played. Who knew logistics could be so fun, a game for tinkering late into the night.
Also the late 90s dark rpg art style appeals to me, as does the sombre atmosphere created by the music.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:32 pm

Haven't been playing loads lately, but I suppose I could drag up a few from the past year or so:

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - 10/10
OK, so I may be a little obsessive with this game. Essentially, you're a trucker who drives across Europe, earning money from transporting cargo and losing money from fines, crash repairs etc. Make enough money to buy your own truck instead of working for employers, then upgrade it, buy more trucks and garages, hire truckers to work for you, and so on. The game features almost every significant city in the countries in which it focusses (Great Britain, Germany, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, France, Austria, Switzerland, Scandinavia, Poland, Hungary and more), with fantastic and realistic AI cars and high quality and immersive motorway graphics. Once you learn how to drive, the game becomes the most chilled experience ever, making it very easy to play while watching a video, film or TV Show on another screen.

Plague Inc: Evolved - 6/10
Not really sure why they're charging £12 for what is essentially a port of a £1 mobile game with a couple more modes, but there it is. Same premise really, create a plague and evolve it fast to try and kill the entire world before they find a cure for you, albeit with the ability to play multiplayer. Only worth the money when severely reduced in price in the Steam sales.

Prison Architect - 9/10
One of the best "tycoon" games I've played in a while. Very easy to learn and play, yet infinite possibilities to explore. Build, manage, control, and maybe even escape from, your own high-security prison, where everything is customisable, from what type of prisoners can sleep where to how much money to pay the chefs. It's very easy to spend multiple hours in the game without realising it, especially when unstable prisoners may start a riot at any second ...

Parkitect - 8/10
This game pleasantly surprised me. I think where Planet Coaster is the modern equivelant of RCT3, Parkitect is the modern equivelant of RCT2, though you still can't ride the rides :P. Though some more ride types and scenery need to be added in future updates for it to be truly complete, the game has serious potential, not to mention the fact that everything looks really cute! It's one of the cheaper theme park games out there and it also doesn't require me to go out and slash my savings for a new PC like Planet Coaster does.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

jackf1tz
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:01 am

Burniel wrote:
Haven't been playing loads lately, but I suppose I could drag up a few from the past year or so:

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - 10/10
OK, so I may be a little obsessive with this game. Essentially, you're a trucker who drives across Europe, earning money from transporting cargo and losing money from fines, crash repairs etc. Make enough money to buy your own truck instead of working for employers, then upgrade it, buy more trucks and garages, hire truckers to work for you, and so on. The game features almost every significant city in the countries in which it focusses (Great Britain, Germany, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, France, Austria, Switzerland, Scandinavia, Poland, Hungary and more), with fantastic and realistic AI cars and high quality and immersive motorway graphics. Once you learn how to drive, the game becomes the most chilled experience ever, making it very easy to play while watching a video, film or TV Show on another screen.

That's literally describing my granddad's job.

10/10 - Planet Coaster

Need I say more? We all know this game by now, surely!

8/10 - Cities Skylines

Seriously fun game! Comparing this and SimCity is like comparing rctw to planet coaster. My only problem is I have the world's worst mayor award on Steam. :burn: :burn: :burn:
This ride is perfectly safe. Everything has been designed for your comfort, and enjoyment.

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:20 am

8/10 - Planet Coaster
It's a great game but there's quite a few bugs, and the coaster editor isn't that great. Once those issues are sorted out it would be a 10/10!

10/10 - Euro Truck Simulator
Like Burniel, I'm a little obsessive over this game! I play it way too much! The trucks are incredibly detailed, the graphics are superb, and there is loads of brilliant DLC!
Ride count 2017: 422!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 933!
Cred count: 70!

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:43 pm

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild- 10/10
Phenomenal game, I've poured countless hours into it as there's so much to do. The map is huge, there are tonnes of hidden puzzles to locate and complete, and oh my that soundtrack is perfection... and the game is nonlinear, meaning you can complete any of the dungeons or defeat the final boss at any time.

Splatoon 2- 8/10
A silly, camp, colourful experience all about painting as much of the map as you can in your team's ink. It's simple but stupidly fun, even better when calling friends whilst playing online. I haven't played that much of the single player mode yet but it's alright, online really is the king of this title.

jackf1tz
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:28 am

Morgan, are you sure you like splattoon 2? I mean, You've never mentioned it before, and your signature is completely different!
This ride is perfectly safe. Everything has been designed for your comfort, and enjoyment.

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:10 pm

Train Simulator 2017 - 7/10

I've been interested in this game for a while, but I held off buying due to the mixed bag of reviews. Anyway, I bought it today expecting to be wanting a refund an hour later, but it's surprisingly good! The trains are very easy to control, and there are tutorials explaining how most features work. The only downside is that there isn't really much to the base game, and DLC costs quite a bit. However there are great deals on Steam, such as the base game and 3 DLCs for £19.99, saving you over £60!

Muppet738
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:32 am

Fallout 4 9/10
Finally got round to playing this I think it's one of the best games I've played simply because the game goes on even after you have played all the quests. Plus a couple of good dlc pack available for it.

World of tanks 8/10
This is also a really good game the detail in the tanks are great and it's free to play online on ps4 without needing PlayStation plus subscription.

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:47 pm

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4) - 9/10

Man I love this series, I have now played all entries and I thought that this one would'nt be as good as the others due to its shift in characters. But it blew my expectations away within the first hour. Gameplay: awesome. Graphics: awesome. Puzzles: awesome. Plot: awesome. Characters: awesome. Just wish it was slightly longer....  But make sure you pick this up!

For those wondering how I'd rank this in the series, I'd place it like this (from best to worst): 4, Lost Legacy, 2, 3, Golden Abyss, 1
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:53 pm

Euro Truck Simulator 2: Italia DLC - 10/10

The newest map expansion is out for ETS 2, and this time it is Italy and Sicily! The new cities are very detailed and rather large, which is nice! There’s also loads of 3D buildings dotted around inbetween cities which I like very much, it’s much better than seeing trees!

SNOW - 8/10

SNOW is a free game on PC which allows you to take to the slopes; skiing or snowboarding. It is very fun and the graphics and gameplay is very, very good which surprised me considering it is free! A controller is needed to play but that’s not that big of an issue.