UK theme parks from another point of view!

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Last Game You Played and Your Rating

Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:53 pm

I've played a few recently, but I'll review just the one for now.
Super Mario Odyssey- 9/10
Damn this game is fun. It's got so much character and is a real blast to play. My issue is with the post game- once you've saved Peach I didn't really have any motivation to continue playing (until the first wave of free DLC came). Deffo a must play however!

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:39 am

Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4) - 8/10
Very solid and thrilling game, a little challenging in a few places but overall a great follow up to the 2013 game.

Ratchet and Clank (PS4) - 9/10
A jam packed fun fest with great humour, characters and overall fun gameplay. Plus its currently free if you are on PS+!
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:45 pm

Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion
WOW. I was incredibly excited for this being a huge fan of the base game as it is but this DLC adds a great new single player experience that's really difficult. Definitely worth getting if you already have the game.

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:30 pm

Battlefield V (alpha)

Feels very much like a continuation of Battlefield 1. Visually similar and most of the movement and weapons feel similar, or a mild evolution from the previous game. If you liked the last game, chances are you'll like this.

As it's an alpha, I'll put the rest in spoilers for anyone avoiding information until release.

Spoiler: show
The biggest change is that 3D spotting has mostly gone. It's replaced with a marker system primarily, although some 3D spotting still exists, caused by what I'm unsure. This means you have to be more aware of the surroundings, rather than looking for the Doritos, or just playing the minimap.

Movement is a little more clunky. If you fall from a height or parachute in, you can no longer just start running straight away, instead there is a half second or so delay as you stand up and get sorted. Other changes include support no longer being able to crawl along with perfect aim, they'll have no aim while moving and then a half second adjustment period after they stop.

Two game modes currently, Conquest and Grand Operations, which is a multi-map mixture of rush/conquest. A couple of new spawn mechanisms, include waves of aircraft, where you choose when to jump out, allowing you to try and get behind enemy lines. But the longer you wait, the closer you get to enemy AA, with you becoming a slow moving target for them.

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:46 pm

Two Point Hospital

The spiritual successor to Theme Hospital, with all the charm and craziness of the original. Theme Hospital was one of my most played games as a kid and Two Point Hospital has captured everything that was great about it.

The premise is simple, build a hospital with the diagnostic and treatment rooms required, hire staff to operate the rooms, try to cure patients and most importantly make a profit. The entire thing is tongue-in-cheek. After a few minutes in my second hospital, I had a group of Freddy Mercury impersonators dancing in the hospital and a janitor chasing a ghost through the corridors with a dust buster.

Looking forward to playing some more of this!

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:16 pm

MotoGP 18 9/10 - it's a "niche" game apparently, like the f1 games (don't care about the series, don't buy it being some peoples mindset) but it really is great! it's very difficult to master but the assists, lap settings, penalties etc are all adjustable. The career mode is one of my favourite in any racing game, it's simple but effective. You start off in the red bull rookies, do well there you get low-high level offers from the moto3 teams. You then compete in the Moto3 championship, and earn "reputation, fans and upgrade points" once you get enough upgrade points you can upgrade different parts of the bike for what you need personally (engine, brake discs, frame etc) these give stability, top speed, braking power and the sort improvements. again, if you do well enough, you can change teams, 3 chances a season. if you get to round 12 or similar and sit in the top 10, you may get offers from Moto2 teams. again you can feel the difference in ability for each team, and you can feel the differences in strengths and weaknesses. you carry on into moto2, do well in that championship and reach the pinnacle, MotoGP. This is something I find really cool. you pick your bike manufacturer and you get a bike from KTM, Aprilia,Suzuki, Ducati, Yamaha or Honda. with all bikes they suit some people more than others. Yamaha has better handling, Ducati has better acceleration and power, suzukis are smooth, aprilias and ktm can't win straight away and honda suits everyone. all riders, teams and sponsors are licensed through all championships.

my one improvement would be have riders retire at the age of 36-50. but have them change categorys, and the younger riders move through classes. When a rider Retires,someone else takes his seat, top satellite rider moves to a factory team allowing the top riders from the lower categorys to move up, and the slowest to move down. then have the rider that retired regenerate into rookies cup. when they regen they are 12, with a different name but the same nationality, similar potential and the same initials. eventually the rookies cup gets full of regens and eventually they move up, and so on etc. would add a whole new element and i would love a racing game that did this.
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:52 am

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

After more than 3 years of continuos bad matchmaking servers, bad FPS, long load times, and glitches/bugs to name a few. It has been long overdue for an update to revive, possibly the biggest flop in gaming history.

The Update

With the game now being recently released on Game Pass for Xbox One, this comes with the new update to revive the dead end game.. what can I say about the update? The update has achieved its purpose and delivered extremely fast load times for game sessions, matchmaking servers are fully dedicated and can easily find a game upon exiting every minute or less. No bugs/glitches have been found currently, and the FPS is a gorgeous smooth running 60 FPS. Overall the update is brilliant and also delivers a new look at the home screen, which is possibly one of my favourites since Halo 3.

The Future

Now that 343 have a dedicated team in reviving this game and making decisions that should of been done 3 years ago, the devs have promised to deliver on a few things that the fans have been asking for, since this is a collection of nearly every Halo game out there.. here is a list of the potential updates in the future; (big updates only);

- Halo: REACH port to the MCC
- Full Body armour customization
- Replace Spartan Ops with ODST/REACH Firefight
- Halo 5: Guardians port to MCC
- Custom Browser to search for Custom Games
- Updated Matchmaking playlists (community slayer/maps)

Conclusion

Overall the game has become a mighty successor to its former self, and would gladly wait all those 3 years to replay Halo 2 and 3 on the same console as my friends, to relive the glory days of early Xbox Live, and Xbox 360 days..

Previous Rating: 1.5/10
Current Rating: 8.5/10
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”