UK theme parks from another point of view!

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Concert Corner

Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:52 pm

So Concert Corner is for all you concert related needs. From announcements to reviews, help and advice to the latest speculation. Anything to do with music gigs are welcome.

I thought i would start off with a review from last year when i saw A Day To Remember performing at the Leeds First Direct Arena on January 28th.

A Day To Remember - Bad Vibes UK Tour 2017

I had previous seen ADTR on their Birmingham date of their tour but i'll be reviewing their set in Leeds. The first ever headline arena tour by the band, ADTR were promoting their latest record "Bad Vibrations" with their UK leg of the tour. The show was energetic, keeping with their high paced songs to create a show that pleased old fans and new ones alike. From performing "paranoia" off the new album, to throwing it back to "The Plot to Bomb the Panhandle" off their first record, this show had a lot of variety to please everyone. I thought the set list was very well created, i was disappointed with the lack of songs from Common Courtesy (my favourite album by the band) but they still featured a song from the album in the show. Air cannons, strobe lights, backing screens showing videos of the crowd/music videos. It was well staged and had a lot to keep people entertained (even with the odd flood of inflatable pool floats). I thoroughly enjoyed the concert, it was one of my favourites from last year and still ranks high in my top 10 concerts of all time.

Support came from 2 other UK bands, Moose Blood & Neck Deep. They both performed well and had a decent selection of songs on offer keeping with the pop punk vibe of the night. Main support came from Pop Punk legends New Found Glory, celebrating 20 years of making music. Again a decent set from the band and making the show their own in the arena.

Only a brief review of the night, below are photos from the night of ADTR's set and their set list in full.

1. Mr. Highway's Thinking About the End
  2. Paranoia
  3. 2nd Sucks
  4. Right Back at It Again
  5. I'm Made of Wax, Larry, What Are You Made Of?
  6. It's Complicated
  7. Fast Forward to 2012
  8. We Got This
  9. Bad Vibrations
  10. My Life for Hire
  11. Exposed
  12. Have Faith in Me
  13. Justified
  14. Homesick
  15. Naivety
  16. All I Want
  17. The Plot to Bomb the Panhandle
    Encore:
  18. If It Means a Lot to You
  19. All Signs Point to Lauderdale
  20. The Downfall of Us All
I'm the boy with the bubbles

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Re: Concert Corner

Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:16 pm

Don Broco - Technology Tour - Birmingham 15th February

February 15th marked the date Don Broco would take their Technology Tour to Birmingham's O2 Academy main room to play their biggest headline Birmingham date in their career. Hot off the heels of their top 5 album release "Technology", the Bedford Boys were keen to show off their new material. Having previously seen Don Broco on various tours and festival appearances, the standards were high due to their energetic performances and brilliant crowd involvement. 

But would Don Broco continue with this and bring what Birmingham wanted?

Having just released their new album 2 weeks prior the show, Don Broco opened with the first 2 singles from the album to set the tone for the night, the crowd was rowdy, energetic, buzzing. Whatever you want to call it, Don Broco know how to get the crowd going. Playing multiple songs from their new album, the crowd knew every word with some of these songs getting a better response than songs from their previous albums. Switching between Technology and their previous album Automatic, throwing in the odd song from their first record Priorities and their early EP. There was a lot to digest throughout the night. They played extremely well and managed to do their songs justice when performing live and managed a fair bit of crowd interaction (including the infamous Push Pit during Thug Workout, worth a watch if you're interested) Don Broco managed to perform well in their biggest headline Birmingham gig. I was impressed with the performance and the song selection, throughout the tour more songs from the latest album were added which made a nice change seeing the crowd react to the likes of Porkies & the drop for ¥. Overall, i enjoyed this performance all the way through to the ending with T-Shirt song which you can see my recording of below.

Support came from Yonaka & Man With a Mission. Yonaka performed well, a good crowd opener and entered with a lot energy in the performance. The main support came from Man With A Mission, a Japanese band who recently had Don Broco supporting them in their Japan tour. This band was so much fun to watch and sing a long to. It might not be everyone's cup of tea but they are fairly amusing with the inclusion of a cover (with a twist) of Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit.  Overall good openers for a good show.

Don Broco's Setlist:

1. Pretty
  2. Everybody
  3. What You Do To Me
  4. Fire
  5. Stay Ignorant
  6. You Wanna Know
  7. Superlove
  8. Automatic
  9. Technology
  10. Porkies
  11. Priorities