UK theme parks from another point of view!

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Wicker Man General Discussion

Thu May 17, 2018 9:02 pm

Was on site today, Wicker Man was running extremely well today, even for a mid week day the queues were extremely low. 

Entered the queue today at 3:50 to get a last ride in, unfortunately the ride ceased operation around 4:10 due to technical difficulties. When the ride was stopped, the chain lift had also stopped implying something more than a temporary delay compared to normal. By 4:25 we were evacuated out of the queue and give priority passes. First ever queue evacuation for me but obviously something more than a simple fix was needed, hopefully it is running ok tomorrow and over the weekend.
I'm the boy with the bubbles

Mikw
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 17, 2018 9:45 pm

DeadJack5 wrote:
Was on site today, Wicker Man was running extremely well today, even for a mid week day the queues were extremely low. 

Entered the queue today at 3:50 to get a last ride in, unfortunately the ride ceased operation around 4:10 due to technical difficulties. When the ride was stopped, the chain lift had also stopped implying something more than a temporary delay compared to normal. By 4:25 we were evacuated out of the queue and give priority passes. First ever queue evacuation for me but obviously something more than a simple fix was needed, hopefully it is running ok tomorrow and over the weekend.

Shame it went down at the end of the day. Was running well today.

I did notice a couple of long waits on the brake run. Definitely caused by restraint issues on the train that was loading. I saw a couple of larger park guests doing the dreaded walk of shame today because the restraints wouldn't go down.  Later on I saw one of them also having to disembark Oblivion for the same problem

Nutty Man
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 19, 2018 10:49 am

I got on it today, was working well apart from the big fire effects when you go through the ride, which was a shame. Preshow was as good as ever though.
The nemesis creature, lord of darkness, guy off the promo for galactica, th13teen woman Dr. Kelman and Big Bob have joined to take over the world.

MattWard98
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 19, 2018 1:21 pm

I went on Thursday and I am here today, ridden it 3 times. All three times my restraint only had to click once and the train went, however when I first went on it a couple weeks back it needed two clicks. So hopefully more people will be able to ride on this comfortably/at all!!