UK theme parks from another point of view!

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Wicker Man General Discussion

Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:42 pm

nicky.borrill wrote:
AltonOperator wrote:
We just happened to be given the back row then he tried to move us to the front and we said we kinda wanted the back and he was very cool about it he just said yeah that's absolutely fine and left it at that.

I just read about that on your review... It reminded me of the inbetweeners  :lol
To be fair, if it was important he only had to explain the reasoning and I’m guessing you’d have obliged...

oh absolutely. If he'd insisted we'd have moved without reason, but especially for this one
Thanks bubbles What a lad

Rustyo
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:40 am

Just got back from the fireworks and got to ride the Wicker Man in the dark. All I can say is wow. I only wish Towers could find a way to get more late night openings just so more people can experience it. New No.1 at Towers for me.

nicky.borrill
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:29 am

It’s brilliant at night, absoloutely amazing. Got our last ride of the season on it last night and I was batched with a TT and TS member some of you may know.

It was great meeting and talking to you, I tried to find you after I’d regrouped my family to have a chat but you’d dissappeared into the night. Hope you don’t mind me posting this here, pressume it was your last ride of the season too so feel free to take it. :)

ROYJESS
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:29 pm

nicky.borrill wrote:
It’s brilliant at night, absoloutely amazing. Got our last ride of the season on it last night and I was batched with a TT and TS member some of you may know.

It was great meeting and talking to you, I tried to find you after I’d regrouped my family to have a chat but you’d dissappeared into the night. Hope you don’t mind me posting this here, pressume it was your last ride of the season too so feel free to take it. :)

Yes that's me on the left, I hope you don't mind, I've downloaded a copy of the pic to my laptop.  It was great meeting you.  It was a great weekend, The fireworks were amazing. It was a great end to the season.

nicky.borrill
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:24 pm

ROYJESS wrote:
Yes that's me on the left, I hope you don't mind, I've downloaded a copy of the pic to my laptop.  It was great meeting you.  It was a great weekend, The fireworks were amazing. It was a great end to the season.

Don’t mind at all, I had hoped you’d like a copy when I put it up, last ride of the season and all.

The fireworks blew us away, highlights for us were the “Greatest Show” “Wickerman” “The Power” and of course the finale.

Operations yesterday were world class, we got on EVERYTHING except for Battle Galleons (our choice,) having arrived first thing. The park was extremely quiet until after 3pm. We got on Smiler and Oblivion twice. We got out of the firework area in around 10 minutes. We got out of the car park almost instantly.

ROYJESS
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:50 pm

nicky.borrill wrote:

Don’t mind at all, I had hoped you’d like a copy when I put it up, last ride of the season and all.

Thank you.

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:50 pm

This evening, Alton Towers posted a short teaser video on their social media channels for 'Wicker Man Winter', asking if "you are ready to reignite with the chosen ones". Whilst it doesn't give much away, the tone of the post and the video seems to suggest that Wicker Man may potentially be opened at some point over the closed season.

What do we all think - could we be seeing Wicker Man open in some form (possibly for hotel guests staying for a winter break), or is this just a tease for the Resort doing some form of behind the scenes feature on their social media over winter?

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:00 pm

Don't think it would just be for hotel guests if they are making a big deal out of it on social media. Wasn't there a post on a Merlin Annual Pass social media account a few weeks ago about "two extra months of Wicker Man" that got removed?
Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the signature!

SeaWorld has rescued over 33,000 animals in need!

Michelle
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:39 am

If it was open over winter it would certainly tempt me to make an effort to make it over there , previously there's been nothing to make the trip that worthwhile.

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:58 pm

I'd love to visit over the winter to have more of a chilled day with friends. The opening weekend snow days this year were brilliant!

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:03 am

The wording of the post put out by Towers certainly implies that they may be looking to get Wicker Man open in some capacity over winter. If this were to happen, I’d definitely look in making a trip to get some winter Wicker riding :D

Obviously the biggest variable in this happening is the weather, as we all saw how the park struggled over opening weekend.