UK theme parks from another point of view!

TheDuke
TT Member
TT Member

Re: On-Ride Breakdown Experiences

Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:50 pm

I've posted this somewhere else on here before, but apart from phones on Oblivion, I've had to be walked out of Duel by staff.

Piplup2003
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:42 pm

I've had a couple of near misses at Alton, the people in front of us on Galactica were stuck in the position for about 20 minutes and the car behind us on Wicker Man was stuck in the brakes for about half an hour.

The only personal stories I have to share is when me and my mum were stuck on Th13teens lift hill for around 10 minutes (right at the back as well), and the obligatory Skyride stop.

Typically, I also seem to be the only person here who's not been stuck on Duel :(
This is a local signature for local people, there's nothing for you here.

Mikw
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:08 pm

Got stuck on the Skyride for ten minutes a few weeks ago, Was hugely relieved it started again.  Bearing in mind how long a full evacuation takes....

vikkimoo
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:58 pm

I can't imagine anything more terrifying than being evacuated from the Skyride. I have to close my eyes whenever I'm on it!

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:56 pm

A SeaWorld Orlando break down, Antarctica Empire of the Penguin. Our car stopped rotating really early into the ride, meaning by the time we arrived at the station we were facing the wrong way and the car refused to dock. Being stuck for about 15 minutes wouldn't be so bad, but the exit station is in the Penguin habitat and is kept at about 0c. Eventually they rescued us with a step ladder.

The rescue team:

Oyr broken vehicle, so close to the station:

Plus bonus second near break down experience. Pirates of the Caribbean, the boat in front of us was weighed down a little too much. I could see the back of it extremely low down. Well, not long after the drop, it got beached next to the pirate ship. Took our boat and then the one behind it to clear it. Glad it did, otherwise people would have had to wade out as it's the only part of the ride not next to a surface.