UK theme parks from another point of view!

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: London Entertainment Resort - General Discussion

Wed May 02, 2018 1:04 pm

PhNx Survivor wrote:
Is the link still working? I can’t open the article.

It appears that the entire Kent Online website is down, as I can't even access the homepage.

The SouthParks article containing all the information regarding the delay can be found here.

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 02, 2018 7:22 pm

Dan wrote:
PhNx Survivor wrote:
Is the link still working? I can’t open the article.

It appears that the entire Kent Online website is down, as I can't even access the homepage.

The SouthParks article containing all the information regarding the delay can be found here.

Thank you :)
Don't take me serious..
But come, sit, have a drink.. don't mind me..
Hush little baby, don't say a word..
It'll only hurt forever.

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu May 10, 2018 7:52 pm

Further details of the proposals for London Resort have emerged today, including new plans to deliver the scheme in two phases, as well as revealing developers are close to agreements with six IP partners for phase 1.

SouthParks News have all the details.

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 10, 2018 8:21 pm

3500 rooms. That's a lot of rooms. Admittedly the hotels have Thames Clipper access so they'll serve as useful hotels for staying in London but it's very optimistic still.

Really hoping this isn't just a scheme so they can get the infrastructure built and then turn around and say they can't build the park after all but they could build housing....

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 10, 2018 9:06 pm

This does remind me of another major theme park resort in France that was plagued with problems and was far too ambitions. Does Disneyland Paris ring a bell?

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 10, 2018 11:38 pm

3500 is indeed a lot, but they are saying they will be building the majority in the first phase, so they will likely build maybe 2500 to 3000 in the first phase, which I think is a somewhat sensible number, and if things are bad, then they can revise any further accommodation plans for the second phase. To be honest, doing the whole project in two separate phases is pretty sensible if you ask me.

I have to say, this latest update, whilst small, and with the development still way behind schedule, it has given me some renewed confidence that it can still happen. 

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Thu May 10, 2018 11:44 pm

Yes, same.

The amount of information in the update shows that LRCH have been very busy. Not that it is too relevant at the planning stage, but they should really keep the general public up to date a bit more to encourage consistent support for the project.

Most people have given up hope!

Qzzb_UK
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 10, 2018 11:48 pm

Does anyone know where this information was announced? The article doesn’t give any sources and the website/twitter for London resort hasn’t been updated

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Fri May 11, 2018 6:32 am

As stated in the article, the information is from a meeting held between the Government Planning Inspectorate and LRCH on 9th March of which details were made available to SouthParks last night. I'm afraid we can't link to the source as it's not a source that can be linked to. I can assure you that it is 100% genuine though.

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 12, 2018 9:52 am

6 IP’s.. wonder what they could be?

I like how they have split the hotel and park in Gate 2 for further developments after Gate 1 is finished. But 3550 rooms.. that’s insane!
Don't take me serious..
But come, sit, have a drink.. don't mind me..
Hush little baby, don't say a word..
It'll only hurt forever.