UK theme parks from another point of view!

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: The 'How busy will it be?' Topic

Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:04 pm

Swarm Chris wrote:
Should check it now, The Smiler is 120 mins, and Th13teen is at 100 mins!  :O Even Hex is 20 mins - the first week of September is perhaps not the best week to go!

A mixture of schools on their last few days of holiday and people thinking the schools have gone back perhaps?

Today is a teacher training day across pretty much the whole of the country. I imagine that tomorrow, and most definitely Thursday/Friday will be significantly quieter than today as the majority of kids go back to school tomorrow.
Credit to the BubbleBoi

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:34 pm

Depends on where you are though ;) Some teachers only went back for PD today, with the children returning Thursday. Some will be later than that!

It is very hard to say when schools go back nowadays, to be honest. It can vary from school to school, town to town and region to region. With the rise of academies, they can set their own holidays and PD days, therefore two schools, even a mile a part, can have two different term dates.

I believe this is part of the reason why Scarefest has been extended as Staffordshire schools are a week later than others.

TinkerGem
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:59 am

I'm thinking of making a solo trip to AT Thurs/Fri this week now the kids are back. Will the park be quiet or will next week be a better choice?

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:17 pm

TinkerGem wrote:
I'm thinking of making a solo trip to AT Thurs/Fri this week now the kids are back. Will the park be quiet or will next week be a better choice?

I imagine it will be pretty quiet :)
Credit to the BubbleBoi

Wagstaff04
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:55 pm

Does anyone know how busy it will be late-March at Thorpe?

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:24 pm

Wagstaff04 wrote:
Does anyone know how busy it will be late-March at Thorpe?

Depends on the weather, but apart from the first operational weekend it should be one of the quieter times of the year (unless there is a school holiday then).

If it's wet, there's a good chance it will empty. If it's the first dry day for a while, the park will likely be very busy.