UK theme parks from another point of view!

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park - General Discussion

Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:24 pm

Rumba Rapids alongside Rush will remain closed for the rest of the season and will reopen in 2018. This will bring the amount of closed attractions at Fright Nights to 4.

JamieDeath
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:41 pm

I don't get why they would shut the rapids so randomly without notice? Guessing its to cut down costs on staff, but it seems silly having it shut for fright nights as its probably the best water ride out of the lot to go on at night (you don't really want to get wet at night). 

Could they be renovating it or something? It seems so dull and pointless at the moment 

Also I noticed one of the flood lights right on top of slammer on the other day, is that normal? 

Feels like at this rate thorpe park will have more SBNO rides than operating ones.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:34 pm

If I remember correctly there was talk that Rumba was set for an overhaul for next year, so that may be way!

Bert2theSpark
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:53 pm

Owen wrote:
If I remember correctly there was talk that Rumba was set for an overhaul for next year, so that may be way!

An Overhaul as in retheme like Dragon Falls is going under or overhaul as in refurb like Hex went under? I wouldn't think a retheme is too likely as Merlin wouldn't want it to clash wit Tiger Falls. However refurbs are nice when you have done to the standard of Hex and AT's Driving School. 

Also wasn't it mentioned in the Project 2020 thread that Thorpe was taking a year out for general improvements could 2018 be the year as we haven't seen any planning app or rumours of something new for Thorpe.
[Insert Signature Here]

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:02 pm

It was mentioned at the SouthParks Summer Sizzler event. Some areas of TP are looking rather unloved so it would be really great if they could just refresh some areas. I think it will be more TLC style as opposed to Dragon Falls overhaul. I hope they really use the year out to their advantage.
Even the good can fall from grace

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:33 am

Does anybody know if the Kelloggs or Cadbury 2for1 vouchers are valid for use during fright nights? As I'm hoping to go on the 1st October, and don't want to turn up just to be turned away.
credz to sam!
feed the flames. be chosen.

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:52 am

All the Terms & Conditions say is that October 20th to 31st the vouchers cannot be used. You should be fine on the 1st as it doesn't say anything about fright nights at all.

(This is for cadbury)
GodBlessTeaTowels

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:29 am

AltonOperator wrote:
All the Terms & Conditions say is that October 20th to 31st the vouchers cannot be used. You should be fine on the 1st as it doesn't say anything about fright nights at all.

(This is for cadbury)

Okay,  many thanks
credz to sam!
feed the flames. be chosen.

Smiler313
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:55 pm

Yesterday Thorpe Park released a 2017 season video and I love the montage they have done. Is the music in the background used when they open the resort at 10:00am? I am pretty sure I have heard something very similar. I love also how the video clips are montaged to the bits of the music with the ride tunes.

'You are now embarking on an Optical procedure'

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:16 pm

It’s a mixture of different soundtracks around the park, so there is Fright Nights music, Colosuss music, The island song. The Island Song jungle version etc

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:06 pm

As reported on SouthParks Facebook Page, Thorpe Park have won a Themed Entertainment Association THEA Outstanding Achievement Award for Derren Brown’s Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon. The resort will formally receive the award at the THEA awards gala on April 7th. Congratulations Thorpe Park and the team behind the ride :)

Smiler313
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:34 pm

I can fully understand why they have been given the award. From start to finish DBGTROTD is an amazing experience. I will echo Dom's congratulations to the teams behind the magic!
'You are now embarking on an Optical procedure'

Bert2theSpark
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:29 pm

Woo! Well Done Thorpe, DBGT:ROTD is awesome!
[Insert Signature Here]

Dan
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:31 pm

Without wanting to sound too negative, I’m not sure how an attraction that has constant technical issues and almost never has every aspect of the experience working can win an Outstanding Achievement Award :-k

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:58 pm

I'd say it won because it is actually quite an impressive attraction underneath it all. Its a very technical attraction and I would say it actually deserves to recognized for it. I won't deny its had issues, but it is getting a lot better. Given that a lot of the technology has either never been used on the scale before or never been used with other pieces of tech before, i'd say its actually doing very well. It does not deserve the sheer amount of hate it gets. Yes i'm not its biggest fan, but credit should be given where it is due.

Dan
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:45 pm

Dom wrote:
I'd say it won because it is actually quite an impressive attraction underneath it all. Its a very technical attraction and I would say it actually deserves to recognized for it. I won't deny its had issues, but it is getting a lot better. Given that a lot of the technology has either never been used on the scale before or never been used with other pieces of tech before, i'd say its actually doing very well. It does not deserve the sheer amount of hate it gets. Yes i'm not its biggest fan, but credit should be given where it is due.

Don’t get me wrong Dom, I do actually like DBGT and I do agree that it is a very impressive overall attraction.

However, an outstanding achievement would have been for it all to be working properly on a consistent basis which I think we can all agree it just doesn’t do.