Discussions about other parks and attractions within the European area.

Disneyland Resort Paris

TT Member
User

addis

Re: Disneyland Paris Discussion

by addis » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:52 pm

I'm wanting to visit the park next October with my wife and two kids for 3 or 4 nights.

When is the best time to book and what tips can people offer, best hotel etc.

I am conscious of cost and don't want to pay over the odds but I want to have a good time with no regrets over choices made.

I look forward to any advice you can offer.

TT Member
User

abigsmurf

Re: Disneyland Resort Paris

by abigsmurf » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:16 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38928629

Some good news for the resort.

Disney have confirmed they're buying even more of the park back which should now give them total control, spending €1.5bn on debt clearing and improvements. Think they're nearing the threshold where they can force the remaining stakeholders to sell.

The cleanup seems to be making a big difference so far and hyperspace mountain, star tours and season of the force seem to be good short term measures.

Hopefully we'll get some news sometime soon on more future additions. An altered, higher capacity version of Frozen ever after would be neat addition, especially given the lack of water rides at the parks.
TT Member
User

Owen

by Owen » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:02 pm

abigsmurf wrote:An altered, higher capacity version of Frozen ever after would be neat addition, especially given the lack of water rides at the parks.

Noooo don't give them ideas! :lol

In all seriousness this is great and I can see the future of DLP being very bright. I could see the addition of Splash Mountain, the Seven Dwarfs Mine train and Slinky Dog coaster being a nice fit, and possibly some form of Star Wars land if they really want to go all out (a long way into the future obviously).
Team TTSP
User

Ladyofthelake

by Ladyofthelake » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:31 pm

As many people will know, Star Tours has been closed for a fair while now in order for it to be refurbished in time for the 25th anniversary celebrations. Today, the Resort have released some further information about the re-vamped version of the ride which re-opens on 26th March, as well as a new piece of concept art:

** Star Tours: The Adventures Continue **

To celebrate its 25th Anniversary, Disneyland Paris is offering a new and completely redesigned version of the Star Tours attraction. Introducing Star Tours: The Adventures Continue*.

Star Tours: The Adventures Continue has a number of surprises in store, with a new experience, new destinations, a new pilot, new characters, new technologies and more. The attraction returns with an all-new, action-packed intergalactic voyage, all in 3D.

** New journeys in 3D to better explore the galaxy far, far away...**

Guests join the Rebellion aboard a Starspeeder 1000. The ship is meant to be piloted by droid AC-38, but in the end it is C-3PO behind the controls at take-off. From this point, there are more surprises to come...

Along the way guests can meet heroes never encountered until now such as Princess Leia, Yoda, Boba Fett to name a few. And watch out for Darth Vader... each scenario, journey and story is random to ensure guests can enjoy an original experience every time.

With state-of-the-art technology, flight simulators, digital 3D, Audio-Animatronics characters, special effects in the cockpit and epic music, guests are fully immersed in the universe of the Star Wars films. Episodes I to VII inclusive.

There will be a multitude of new scenes from the Star Wars saga. With more than 70 different mission combinations, it invites guests to enjoy an experience that is unique every flight. They never know where the Force might take them.

Each of the multiple destinations offers its own surprises, with journeys through the worlds of Jakku, Naboo, Hoth, Tatooine, the Death Star and much more...

Previous