UK theme parks from another point of view!

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: Liseberg

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:22 pm

It does look amazing and it is a park that I want to visit soon :)

Gavinr
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:26 pm

What a ride that was! Had two goes tonight. Managed to get front row on both of them. The drop is really impressive, both when on the ride and when looking at it from below. You can stand remarkably close to the ride around the drop and as it passes the bridge. It does carry quite a bot of speed around the ride. It's only the second dive coaster I've ever been on, after Oblivion, so I've not much to compare it to, but it was very enjoyable.

It does have a single rider queue as well, although it was mostly filled with groups trying to get a quick ride.

I'll try and upload some photos over the weekend once I get back.

Gavinr
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:28 pm

You can find all my photos from my brief trip to Liseberg here: Valkyria Photos

Some choice shots follow:

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:29 am

Nice pics. Can't wait to visit next year.

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:15 pm

When is the best time to visit Liseberg to get on lots of rides with minimal queues? Looking to go next year!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 1126!
Cred count: 73!

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:55 pm

I guess mid-week? When I have been before during weekends it has never been too bad.

Seems they are open Friday to Sunday at this time of year anyway. The late closing time will help.

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:20 pm

I went 2016 summer, late August. It was a weekend, there was a tiny bit of rain in the morning, it stopped at 12:00 longest I queued was 10 minutes for Liseberg banan. Helix wasn't above five minutes, no one was on Balder and I did all the flats and kanonen (had to wait for more people, RIP to a genuinely underrated ride) got 35 rides, 5 on Balder, 8 on helix, 4 on Lisebergbanan, 4 on Kanonen. I also rerode all major flats about three times and did both water rides and stopped off for a nice meal (a long, but beautiful meal) just under Lisebergbanan. Queues move fast and you'll always be able to reride and hit 25+ rides a day (everyone I know has managed it).
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net