UK theme parks from another point of view!

The Nemesis Fox
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:58 pm

I’ve got a season pass but want to visit in August and October. How do I pay the £10 upcharge? Do I pay at the gate or is there a way to book it online to guarantee entry? All help will be very much appreciated.
Icon Dare To Ride

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:14 pm

The Nemesis Fox wrote:
I’ve got a season pass but want to visit in August and October. How do I pay the £10 upcharge? Do I pay at the gate or is there a way to book it online to guarantee entry? All help will be very much appreciated.

You can book it online by taking the steps that you would to purchase a normal admission ticket, and when you select the date you want to visit on, the up-charge ticket will come up as an option.

The Nemesis Fox
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:21 pm

Thank you
Icon Dare To Ride

The Nemesis Fox
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:52 pm

Sorry to double post but does anyone know how to use bring a friend vouchers - do you pay at the gate or online. Can you bring a friend on an upcharge day?
Icon Dare To Ride

Professor Burp
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:58 pm

You go with the person using the voucher to one of the pay stations on the left of the entrance, show your merlin pass and they will pay the £15 for the ticket
I'm the boy with the bubbles

The Nemesis Fox
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:15 pm

Thanks!
Does anyone know if there are exclusions to this offer when the season pass exclusions apply?
Icon Dare To Ride

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:23 pm

The Nemesis Fox wrote:
Thanks!
Does anyone know if there are exclusions to this offer when the season pass exclusions apply?

If it is an Alton Towers Season Pass that you have, then you can purchase the £15 'Bring a Friend' tickets online. As it is possible to select any date the theme park is open (excluding Fireworks) during the process of booking these, it would seem that they are valid during the exclusion dates.

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:41 pm

The Nemesis Fox wrote:

I did see an item on the ticket page of the booking system that allowed you to buy the £10 tickets a while back but I can't seem to find it now. I presume if you turn up on the day and head to the ticket booths on the left they can sort it too. I'll reply if I do find anything :)
Follow theleafletarchive on Instagram!