UK theme parks from another point of view!

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:52 pm

This year they have changed the rules and will not be permitting any masks or weapons, what ever they are made from.

Bert2theSpark
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:35 pm

So Towers have banned Nerf Guns and Foam Swords?
[Insert Signature Here]

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:51 pm

Bert2theSpark wrote:

It would appear so, yes.

DrKelman
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:39 pm

I thought as much but thanks for the response

DerpyQuark
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:04 pm

That’s good, because someone could smuggle in real-life gun pellets in a toy gun, and that wouldn’t be the best!
When I was little, there was a shipping container at the end of our playground. When none of the teachers were looking, I used to go into it. In it, Nick Varney used to talk to me, brainwashing me into loving anything Merlin ever made or ever will. Even if it was the worst.

And that's why I like the Stargazing Pods.

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:43 pm

Dan wrote:
Bert2theSpark wrote:

It would appear so, yes.

Don't they sell both of those inside the park anyway? Not so sure on the Nerf Guns, but I know swords are on sale in the Mutiny Bay 'shoppe'. 

NemeJaney
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:55 pm

There is no mention of weapons on the website in the fancy dress FAQ, but at least we know now!

jwewan
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:58 pm

Is there a specific time that the park will 'shut' so to say. I see right now The Wickerman queue is about 150 minutes. I'm going to the park tomorrow and if we were to get into the queue, right now just before 9pm and then will we be able to queue up until about 11:30pm and then ride? Or will they abandon the park? Just want to make sure as we're desperate to ride wickerman in the dark, but want to leave the best to last where it'll be fastest!

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:22 pm

jwewan wrote:
Is there a specific time that the park will 'shut' so to say. I see right now The Wickerman queue is about 150 minutes. I'm going to the park tomorrow and if we were to get into the queue, right now just before 9pm and then will we be able to queue up until about 11:30pm and then ride? Or will they abandon the park? Just want to make sure as we're desperate to ride wickerman in the dark, but want to leave the best to last where it'll be fastest!

The park officially says that if you join the queue before it closes, you’ll get to ride. Maybe if it got too late they might issue a free return ticket and say sorry or even fake a breakdown and say whoops here’s a return ticket sorry bout that
Thanks bubbles What a lad

LbranchieAnya
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:39 pm

So, I bought fastrack just now on the Alton Towers website and realised I've bought it for today which is obviously wrong as I need it for tomorrow. Does anybody know if I'll be able to change it on park tomorrow? I'm really hoping I can because it costs a lot!

Arwen
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:27 am

Urgent.
Anyone got a Merlin Annual Pass prebooked ticket for today? Rang up yesterday and was told and didn’t need to prebook as was promised as if turned up early would get in. However, we were turned away at the turnstiles and currently waiting in a holding pen. Preferably need 3 but 1 would be fine. PM me is you do. Currently feeling very disappointed with Merlin by the lack of communication along with many others.

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:07 pm

LbranchieAnya wrote:
So, I bought fastrack just now on the Alton Towers website and realised I've bought it for today which is obviously wrong as I need it for tomorrow. Does anybody know if I'll be able to change it on park tomorrow? I'm really hoping I can because it costs a lot!

I am not too sure what can be done about that, but the best thing to do is to contact Alton Towers today or go to guest services tomorrow and I'm sure they will try and help you as much as possible!

nicky.borrill
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:06 am

Arwen wrote:
Urgent.
Anyone got a Merlin Annual Pass prebooked ticket for today? Rang up yesterday and was told and didn’t need to prebook as was promised as if turned up early would get in. However, we were turned away at the turnstiles and currently waiting in a holding pen. Preferably need 3 but 1 would be fine. PM me is you do. Currently feeling very disappointed with merlin by the lack of communication along with many others.

I would send the details of your phone call into guest services, as when you called on the 2nd they were already sold out for the 3rd, so there was no chance of (honestly and legally) getting in without a pre booked ticket, and no chance of getting a pre booked ticket. 

d.re90
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:29 pm

Hi everyone!

Just wondering if Alton Towers are planning on hosting a services day in 2019 for blue light card holders like they have in the past? Hope someone can shed some light. They have normally advertised it by now but nothing so far ☹️

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:26 pm

d.re90 wrote:
Hi everyone!

Just wondering if Alton Towers are planning on hosting a services day in 2019 for blue light card holders like they have in the past? Hope someone can shed some light. They have normally advertised it by now but nothing so far ☹️

I believe these are organised by Blue Light Card, who essentially rent the park for the day. Best bet may be to check with them.

d.re90
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:04 pm

Swarm Chris wrote:
d.re90 wrote:
Hi everyone!

I believe these are organised by Blue Light Card, who essentially rent the park for the day. Best bet may be to check with them.

Thanks, will do.