UK theme parks from another point of view!

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:43 pm

nicky.borrill wrote:
Justin wrote:
This year they have changed the rules and will not be permitting any masks or weapons, what ever they are made from.

Another rule that they didn't enforce, despite 'decent' folk obviously obeying and not bringing them. I saw loads of masks, full face included and lots of weapons too. I must have seen 100 different 'Lucilles.' Along with plastic guns, swords, knives etc. 

Yep this got on my nerves a lot. Its a fair enough rule and it just be enforced properly to ensure fairness.
Thanks bubbles What a lad

Piplup2003
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:04 pm

I saw at least three people in full clown outfits with masks on, really creeped me out. (Not because of the clowns, because I couldn't see their face!). Fair enough, the actors being allowed to wear masks and carry fake weapons as it's their job but if there's a member of the GP wearing a mask, that just kind of unnerves everyone. Also, side note, if you didn't know that they didn't have roaming actors at Alton (excluding Galactica people) you might mistake them for a member of staff. They should be asked to leave their masks at the gates if you ask me. 
This is a local signature for local people, there's nothing for you here.

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:31 am

The problem with the mask rule is that people will always try and find a way around it. If a member of staff asks you to remove it, you could remove it and then put it back on again in a few minutes. It really does leave people with an unnerving feeling having people with masks on who aren't actors. The park could take on a stricter discipline of ejecting people but I really think it would cause more harm than help.

Also I visited scarefest 7 times over the 2018 Season and I never once saw the Galatica actors and only saw the pirate actors once. It was very badly done and would hope to see a bigger cast of actors or even the return of scare zones.
I'm the boy with the bubbles