UK theme parks from another point of view!

Schneck
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Phantasialand

Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:39 pm

ImageImage
Some new pictures from Looopings of the site. Showing that the underground station has now been enclosed, the new track and supports erected (extending the layout parts built last year) and the underground tunnels on the right house the launch (left tunnel) and brake run (right).
New massive 20m tall theming towers along the side of Wuze Town.
Last edited by Dan on Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Linked to source

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:00 pm

Something is being built/refitted next to the entrance for Hollywood Tour. Saw a reasonable number of what didn't look like construction staff all standing around inspecting things, plus a mini digger at the top end working. No idea what's going on, but I did notice it caught the attention of the local enthusiasts with their cameras. So I stood next to them and took a photo too. :P

Edit: From what I can tell this is something to do with the entrance for Fantissima being moved to a more prominent street side location. There were a lot of vans here the next day that looked like they were involved in signage.

The crane at F.L.Y. has been in action nearly all day, but everything seems very hidden, unless I didn't find the vantage point to see into the area. You can just see the top of what's probably a zero-g roll and another segment from the first lift hill of Colorado Adventure.

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:13 pm

Surprised that this hasn't been posted here already...
Are you ready for the latest news coming from Rookburgh that will launch the meaning of an “overall experience” into a new dimension? There awaits an enigmatic interplay between a themed world with a steampunk flair, the worldwide unique roller coaster F.L.Y. and …

Hotel Charles Lindbergh!

This is bonkers- the fact that they'll be cramming in a hotel and a coaster in this tiny space will be great, can't wait to hear more.

nicky.borrill
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:18 pm

Looking like a capsule hotel isn’t it? Which is great, because I think PL’s hotels are already reasonable, especially with the annual pass discount, presumably a capsule hotel will be cheaper still.

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:29 pm

RCDB have changed the estimated opening date for FLY to 2020. Whilst there has been nothing official from the park, it is looking less and less likely that FLY and the surrounding area will be ready for 2019. Phantasialand do tend to work to their own timeline and don't commit to an opening date until they are 100% sure they can open it (thy ony confirmed the opening of Taron and Raik 8 weeks before they opened), so it wouldn't be a surprise if they do take a little longer than we first expected.

nicky.borrill
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:15 pm

4 years between major additions seems reasonable anyway. Maybe there’s hope fior Wintertraum?