UK theme parks from another point of view!

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Universal Orlando Resort

Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:54 am

Blame this site for the incorrect info:
https://blooloop.com/news/universal-orl ... eme-parks/

Owen wrote:
Currently the entire resort sits on approximately 541 acres, and with the previous 540 purchase the addition of this 101 means that the Resort has essentially doubled in size in terms of owned land.

That wasn't what the article said though. 

blooloop wrote:
The plot of land, costing $27.5 million (£21m), offers a new major frontage for its expansion plans, confirmed a Universal spokesman.
The real estate is next to the $130 million land purchase made by Universal in 2015. This latest acquisition is many times larger than the Universal Orlando Resort.

What they wrote in their article incorrectly says that the latest land purchase - the one that's just happened in the last couple of days - is larger than Universal Orlando Resort. They don't explicitly mention that both of the recent land purchases added together double the size of the land owned. :)

KrakenKray
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:23 am

The first land purchase was actually 475 acres so the latest one takes it to 575 not 540.

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:54 pm

The amount of land they've bought is insane, makes you wonder what they're going to do with it. A couple of hotels, expanding the citywalk to make it more comparable to Disney Springs and a third theme park? I'm trying to think of what a third park could be. A theme park concentrating on white knuckle rides? A purely kid focused park (Dreamworks land)? Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios have already blended a bit, I feel they'll need to make sure it's distinctive.

In the more immediate future, it seems that it's confirmed that The Fast and the Furious ride is going to be a pretty quick and cheap ride with much less effort put into the theming and differentiating it from the studio tour than the kong ride which is disappointing.

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:41 pm

Universal Orlando have just announced a new hotel complex which, if I have my Orlando geography correct, will be constructed on the site of the former Wet 'n' Wild water park and feature two hotels.

According to the announcement, prices will start from under $100 a night, making it Universal's cheapest offering. It will feature three pools, poolside bars, two food courts, a fitness centre, and other amenities. It is being described as having a 'laid back coastal feel' and will feature 'vibrant and natural colours' to set a 'free-spirited and beachy tone'.

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:54 pm

I do remember reading of new hotels to be constructed on the former Wet'n'Wild water park site.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:24 pm

KrakenKray wrote:
The first land purchase was actually 475 acres so the latest one takes it to 575 not 540.

I should have pointed out it was an approximation, however the point I was putting across still stands wether or not you add the extra 35 ;)

In regards to the hotels I’m very excited! It means my 2019 trip can be cut down cost wise a tad!