UK theme parks from another point of view!

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Re: SeaWorld Orlando

Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:55 pm

Even so, I’d be very shocked if the majority of the 10% was down to bad weather. A good chunk maybe, but not the majority...

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:14 am

Owen wrote:
Even so, I’d be very shocked if the majority of the 10% was down to bad weather. A good chunk maybe, but not the majority...

It was the majority, but as you allude it wasn't everything. Perception issues resurfaced in California due to reduced marketing spend for example. I do have some hope for San Diego in 2018 though as season pass sales are currently up double digits at that park.
Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the signature!

Infinity Falls; World's tallest river rapids opening summer 2018 at SeaWorld Orlando!
SeaWorld has rescued over 31,000 animals in need!

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:20 am

Whatever you say, as others have said above other paths seem to be ok so I will remain understandably on the fence.

Is there anywhere that states the damage costs anyway? I would be interested in seeing that :-k

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:30 am

Owen wrote:
Whatever you say, as others have said above other paths seem to be ok so I will remain understandably on the fence.

Is there anywhere that states the damage costs anyway? I would be interested in seeing that :-k

I don't think there has been a damage cost reported, I guess it would depend on wether or not SW decided to pay for it themselves or go through insurance and risk putting premiums up (very simplified approach I know :P).

One thing that people always forget is that adverse weather always affects SeaWorld and Busch Gardens more than it does Disney & Universal because of the huge differences in the on-site accommodation situations. SeaWorld draws from a more reigonal base who don't stay on resort and can afford to pick and choose when they visit, this is also the group that will have had their own property to deal with in the aftermath of the storms meaning that a visit to a theme park is firmly at the bottom of their to do list. Besides, Disney & Universal didn't have a devastating Texas hurricane to deal with as well as Irma.

Infinity Falls; World's tallest river rapids opening summer 2018 at SeaWorld Orlando!

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:13 pm

Boats to Infinity Falls revealed at IAPPA!
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:56 pm

They're are some PR images of the boats floating around now, it's interesting in that they've not got seatbelts. Does seem like they've paid attension to Drayton Manor though, higher seatbacks (looks like it's 'topple-safe' height for kids standing on a seat), meshing in the gaps and guardrails around the exits to prevent people switching sides.

Still means someone could stand up or shuffle around on the drop but I'd guess the drop isn't going to be intense enough to fling someone from a boat, I've never experienced a raft type ride drop that's has acceleration even comparable to even a mild log flume. Hoping this manages to topple Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges as my favourite rapids ride, always like it when parks try to push family rides to the next level.

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:41 pm

abigsmurf wrote:
They're are some PR images of the boats floating around now, it's interesting in that they've not got seatbelts. Does seem like they've paid attension to Drayton Manor though, higher seatbacks (looks like it's 'topple-safe' height for kids standing on a seat), meshing in the gaps and guardrails around the exits to prevent people switching sides.

Still means someone could stand up or shuffle around on the drop but I'd guess the drop isn't going to be intense enough to fling someone from a boat, I've never experienced a raft type ride drop that's has acceleration even comparable to even a mild log flume. Hoping this manages to topple Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges as my favourite rapids ride, always like it when parks try to push family rides to the next level.

Whilst the model vehicle does not feature seat belts, I can confirm that when the ride opens there will be seat belts :)