UK theme parks from another point of view!

saw-x-smile
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Project Zer0 - Specu1ation

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:46 am

TPC wrote:
If I were to guess, it looks suspiciously like someone saw our comments and made adjustments.

I couldn’t agree more. If there was a small business which keeps an eye on Thorpe Park could use the suspicion around project 0 to make extra money/website traffic/email harvest.

The Thorpe park tweets were weird but idk they stopped now, maybe they were just trolling? Everything seems to have settled down and it seems weird for Thorpe to do something only to abruptly stop it after the 3? Was it stopped after the 3? Maybe they realised someone made a mistake in the binary and pulled the plug.

Also number writing is 5M1L3R’s thing.

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:20 pm

Another Project Zer0 video was published last night - linking to the website and a supposed ARG puzzle.

The video appears to make use of imagery and location of the Bethlem Royal Hospital building, which is a world-leading NHS psychiatric hospital. The video appears to be attempting to play on the history of the hospital, where it was notably one of the worst asylums that existed - albeit in a completely different location within London.

It feels very unlikely that Thorpe would run another asylum themed event after the previous media issues and general changes in public perception to how mental health is presented. Further to that, it is impossible they would have permission to use imagery of an existing NHS hospital in this manner.

I asked Thorpe and the more active Merlin Annual Pass twitter accounts if they could confirm this as fake. I got a quick response below, which says it is, but it's quite possible they were referring to the wrong thing, mostly because I haven't seen a response from Thorpe. I asked for clarification this morning, but that hasn't come yet, so I can only assume that this is the response that they meant.

project0.png
project0.png (54.76 KiB) Viewed 323 times

Link: https://twitter.com/TheZappomatic/status/1006794754691162113

saw-x-smile
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:53 pm

I'm kind of glad to hear that it's fake from the way you describe the video. It's sad that someone would do this, but not that surprising. I'm more surprised that Thorpe didn't catch it themselves and had to have a fan point it out to them. I think this might mark the end of Project Zero. 

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:02 pm

It’s almost certainly fake with someone this high up at Thorpe stating so.

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:04 pm

Oh well :lol

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:21 pm

Given there have been two seperate instances of Thorpe Park, or employees at the resort, confirming this as being fake, we have decided to lock this topic.

If anything credible comes out in the future that could be related to this, we may consider unlocking it, but for now....

[locked]