UK theme parks from another point of view!

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Topic Author

The Couch

Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:55 pm

Welcome to The Couch!

A thread for general discussion about anything and everything which doesn't fit into one specific Coffee Shack thread! Make yourself comfy, grab a cuppa and get posting!

Don't forget, if you are looking for live fun and games, then why not pop into the Shoutbox and see who is online right now!

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Topic Author

Re: The Couch

Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:20 am

Well, my sleeping patterns are.all over the place. I must have fell asleep about 4.30am and I've only just woke up. Luckily I don't have to go anywhere today, but a good game of Connect 4 online got me to sleep :lol

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:27 am

Has visions of someone sat in another timezone waiting for that next move to come. But too bad, Justin fell asleep! :lol

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Topic Author

Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:33 pm

Ha! The coconuts are under the sky next to the grey squirrel. Tell Demetrius the ship will sail after the alphabet! :sus:

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:31 pm

Did you bring the umbrella to help us see the rising moon? :sus:

I bought some new hot chocolate today, which has the tag: a cuddle in a cup. I tried it, but I'm not sure cuddles are meant to burn.

NemeJaney
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:12 pm

I understand about the sleep, Justin. Took me 3 hours to get to sleep last night and I'm usually fine! Drags you down, doesn't it.
As for hot drinks...if you ever see anyone sip a hot drink as soon as it's been made, without them showing any signs of discomfort, you can be sure they are a demon. If any of you are like this, speak now :sus:

Michelle
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:40 pm

I definitely only drink hot drinks when they're tepid, so I don't think I'm a demon. But then would I admit to it if I was...

And now I need to go make myself a hot chocolate.

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:08 am

Different kind of demon here, yet to find a hot drink I like!

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:34 am

Club, probably shouldn't be awake at this time at night, member reporting in! :lol

I'd never associated the enthusiastic drinkers of boiling hot drinks with demonic forces. But now the world makes a whole lot more sense!

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Topic Author

Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:58 pm

I've managed to have a really good night. I switched off my phone watched a bit of TV and them slept. I must admit... over 12 hours, without waking up once, so it must have been needed!

The only hot drinks I tend to have is green tea and the occasional hot chocolate. Cold drinks tends to be water or Coke Zero.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:56 pm

I am not a huge fan of hot chocolate or tea to be honest. I prefer coffee. 
Parks, Scares and Glitter on Facebook

Michelle
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:10 pm

Coffee makes me feel travel sick.

I did fall asleep without having that hot chocolate last night :lol
This evening's drink of choice is going to be Pimm's and ginger beer!

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:25 pm

I've only ever enjoyed green tea once and that was an accidental order on a flight. I've tried it at home and it just didn't do it for me. So seeing as aircraft tea is typically terrible, I've determined I must only like bad green tea! :lol

Not a fan of coffee and normally only have hot chocolate during the winter. But with a cold I've felt in the mood for it in August.

Tonight my drink is water. Maybe some hot chocolate later if I haven't fallen asleep. :)

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:36 pm

I'm definitely a tea person - I can't get going in the morning without a decent cup of tea!

I have recently been getting more into coffee, although only in small amounts. However, when Christmas comes around I love the Starbucks Gingerbread Latte!

I love a good hot chocolate, and in the winter have it quite regularly in the colder evenings. If I'm in the mood for a particular treat I also make myself a Bailey's hot chocolate!

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:02 pm

Don't do hot drinks either. I'll occasionally have a hot chocolate though like when I climbed Snowdon in a storm and was soaking but apart from that I stick to water or orange and mango juice (yum) but I like most soft drinks.
Unfortunately I have recently found the caramel Frappuccino and have become mildly addicted. In order the best to worst is Starbucks, McDonald's, Costa. Costa is always changing their menu which gets on my nerves whereas Starbucks always have my favourite and it is the perfect consistency.
WARNING I tried the caramel cheesecake frappuccino and god its disgusting
Thanks bubbles What a lad

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Topic Author

Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:01 pm

I've never been a coffee drinker. I can drink it out of politeness if it has been ordered or given by mistake, but I find it gives me a sore throat.
Chris, the PG tips or Tetley Green Tea bags are the best out there and some are not very nice at all. I find drinking normal tea weird now!

Costa is the best. I really like their gingerbread muffins at Christmas, perhaps a little too much!

Tom
Team Admin
Team Admin

Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:51 am

I don't like tea. I do like hot chocolate and black coffee. I do tend to burn my mouth with hot drinks unfortunately, I'm impatient.

Wagstaff04
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:28 pm

Can I complain about the kind of wheelchair guests who try to get their family through the disabled queue, then demand to see the manager when the ride ops don’t give in?

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:15 pm

The disabled pass allows up to 3 ‘carers’ with the person. At least one of them must be over 12. These can be family members.
A disabled guest would a have a pretty rubbish day if they used the disabled queue with one family member then sat on a bench for an hour waiting for the rest of their family to ride.
Thanks bubbles What a lad

Michelle
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:32 pm

Anyone seen Speed with Guy Martin F1 special? I love his programmes :)