UK theme parks from another point of view!

Sporech
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Food and Beverage

Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:44 am

"Just Chicken"
lmao sounds like an off-brand in Planet Coaster

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:25 am

The Donut Chicken Burger being located right next to The Smiler? Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me :lol

One thing that I don’t think has been mentioned anywhere yet is the addition of an ice cream bowl in the top left corner of the POS for Pizza & Pasta. I’m not sure if there’s ever been one before, so it will be interesting to see if ice cream is part of the offering going forward.

Original image source

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:45 am

Dan wrote:
The Donut Chicken Burger being located right next to The Smiler? Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me :lol

Well, if the queue is 90 minutes it might just be fine. Otherwise... :|

Zach
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:59 am

Bert wrote:
Can anyone explain to me why Katanga Canyon has a Greek themed restaurant and X-Sector has a 50’s themed restaurant it’s looks really out of place.

I get they wanted to rebrand and all that but why did they change the themes of the restaurants? Don’t they own these brands anyway?

Oblivion always had, had a kind American Area 51 exclusion zone kind of feel, so I don’t think a 50’s American diner is too much out of place if I’m honest. Also the theme isn’t much different to what it was last season, just few colour changes and rebrand. The Pizza Pasta branding I’m not sure where that’s come from but I think it does suit the area in a way, maybe not the bright blue but the font and such does. 

This years food offering at Towers does excite me, I can’t wait to taste the Donut Chicken burger. I also can’t wait to see/taste any new favours that come with the rebrands!

Nickolai
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:43 am

The rebrands are nice, however I don't quite see the need for them. It is good they are making the F&B places fresher, but what was wrong with the old brands?
Formally Smiler313

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:50 am

Does seem odd to change the brands across all of the parks. It's not as if they drastically changed what they're selling either, we still have the chicken place and the pizza place.

Seems a worthless additional cost in the rebranding. Although, from Chessington last week, it does appear they will use up any remaining old brand boxes and bags. Perhaps they could only get budget to tidy things up, if they were "new"?

Justin
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:21 pm

I'm all for this. It is a shame to waste boxes just because of the name change!