UK theme parks from another point of view!

Anonymous

Scarier The 2nd Time

Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:43 pm

I don't know why but i find riding a ride for the 2nd time is more scary than the first. I put this down to knowing whats going to happen but then i think it can't be, because i've been on it once and i know its safe. Anyone else have the same feeling?

CGM
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:47 pm

I think that I got this the second time I went on Hex in the Octagon I was thinking, what if they've changed something so that something jumps out at you, which was silly because I also kind of knew they hadn't
Last edited by CGM on Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

james0507
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:38 pm

i no what you are on about. say i went on nemesis for the very first time and i would be nervous i would ride and come off fine and wondering what i was nervous about, but when it came to riding again i felt nervous again even though i know its safe. dunno why

Tom M
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:30 pm

Ok dont go to AT for a whole season and once again you will find Oblivion exciting again and you WILL get the adrenaline rush when you go over the top! I rode it so many times this season its very boring for me now. :bored:

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:32 pm

I dont get scared :D I am always too worried if I look good on the On-Ride photo, which of corse . . . I do :eyebrow:

$t£v£
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:06 pm

A little advice. If you're scared of Oblivion put your feet on the bar in front of you and its a lot tamer.
$t£v£, formerly Mr Writer.

Williscroft

Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:15 pm

I need to get to america and ride some larger rides as none in the UK have scared me in a long time. The last ride to terrifi the life out of me was Oblivion which i went on when i was 9-10 i think. Rita was more of a OMG i cant believe im sitting on a blummin rocket lol, but that was just the first go. G-Force made me a little nervouse (Sp) as going up that lift hill with just a lap bar scared the crap out of me as i sat forward as they closed the lap bar to alow me some extra room, but i realy shouldnt have as i was slipping slightly in the lift hill.

I find rides get less of a challenge the more you ride them personaly as you know whats coming and what to exspect. :)

Anonymous

Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:49 pm

'tis a shame. Absoloutley no coasters scare me now, at all. I was practically crying first time on Oblivion and it was the most intense experience ever! Now I just don't get that feeling in your stomach and it has become rather tame.Hopefilly I'll be slighty anxious next time on Oblivion, as it makes the whole ride so much better (being themed about fear and all), and more intense I think (as you brace yourself more).

Personally, the less I know about the ride, the more nervous I am. That's probably why I was s!tting myself on Tower of Terror (Disney) but wasn't at all nervous on Goliath (Magic Mountain).

Lozza
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:20 pm

well it depends what gets the adrenalin pumping when you go on the coaster, for me if the coaster if fairly high it can be scarier the 2nd time as i have quite a bad fear of heights, i remember how scared i was the first time therefore making it even more scary. but if it is a ground hugging roller coaster like rita i very quickly get bored, i went to alton towers 3 times last year (only 2 of which i rode rita) and by my last visit i found my only excitement on the ride was the on ride photo. rita is a very good ride but seems to have lost its sparkle with time.
for me persoanlly a bigger ride scares me everytime (maybe more so the first few times) and can never get old but more ground hugging rides quickly loose the rush they once had as i know what will happen and i know that it will not scare me. so for me.it depends! :D
:D

Skumfidus

Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:44 pm

Oblivion is the ultimate 2 time scarer, i feel that the build up is so intense.

and nothing beats the sound of the car rumbling underneath you.mmmm, butterflies lol

Cameron
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:47 pm

yes, i felt alot more scared the second time on oblivion, but now its fine, doesn't really bother me anymore

Skumfidus

Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:41 pm

yeah, lots of people i know, if they have been on oblivion, have only been on once, they chickened out all the other times, and we all go a lot seeing as we live on the moorlands!

Kev Bales
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:00 pm

after plucking up enough courage to go on Oblivion the first time or Nemesis, the hard part for me was thinking about what you've just experienced and having to go through it again because you didnt no what to expect the first time
Alton Towers freak since 1994

Skumfidus

Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:02 pm

woohoo what a ride!

Oh dear god no!

Nemesite
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:44 pm

I think the reason why you find it scarier is because you know what to expect, lol.or because there has been something new added

The first time I went on Oblivion I s**t my self, but the second time I s**t my self even more.no don't worry I dont have an illness with my ass :lol:
Working on Air, hoping to get passed on ride host soon....wish me luck hehe

[u] :?
Mines a jack and coke thanks...cheers!

Anonymous

Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:22 pm

when i first went on nemesis i was really scared and my dad made me go on lol now i love it