UK theme parks from another point of view!

Greeny
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Greatest Ride ever at AT!

Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:20 am

What do you think is the greatest ride ever at AT. The one with the greatest experience, that factor that makes it one of a kind, that individual ride that just does it for you. Im not asking for the scariest, im asking for the greatest. Personall mine has to be Air because of the experience. Whats yours?

Kev Bales
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:22 pm

its a tough one because there are a few to pick from, alton towers always seems to be a step a head of everyone else; nemesis.oblivion.air.rita each one has set a standard and has been the first of their kind around these parts. but i guess nemesis would have to top the chart, in my opinion it gets better every year, where as some rides seem to lose the 'experience' factor the more you ride. but then again we forget the rides like Hex - which i think alton towers have taken the most time and effort over becasue of the history behind it etc. so i would have to say either nemesis or hex.
Alton Towers freak since 1994

towersdude
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:40 pm

yeah, i would say Hex, but then again Oblivion was new and seemed fantastic at the time it opened. It wasnt just a new ride, or a new type of coaster - it pushed the limits of ordinary coasters and went vertical - and even though many other coasters do that now, it set then trend and i still think that its the best vertical coaster around, mainly for the themeing and atmosphere

smeg_head
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:12 pm

Hex is a good shout. At the time the Haunted House kinda defines the park too. Thunderlooper stands out as a great ride, though perhaps thats just rose tinted specs.

Fro me the sheer menacing presence of Oblivion rates it the winner. I love how you glimpse it through the trees as you approach AT.

liam14
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:21 pm

Nemesis without doubt.

( Short and sweet . :lol: )
Nemesis: 4
Air : 4
Oblivion :3
Corkscrew: 8
Rita :4
Runaway mine train :15

Trips to A.T :14

james0507
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:26 pm

yeh definately Nemesis
nothing beats it and nothing ever will!

liam14
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:39 pm

MMM James thats not fair to say because im sure that rides will come to alton towers better than that which have a longer ride time, pull more G's, give bigger and better adenelin rushes, is more exiting, and overall a lot better ! :lol:

Anonymous

Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:14 pm

OMG, I love Alton Towers so much - I'd say that the best ride at Alton Towers has got to be "Nemesis". It's so bizzare and is really interesting. hehe. :lol:

[Kaycee: Please can you refrain from using txt language as it makes the board look messy - type the full word. Thanks!]

Lozza
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:52 pm

although i love the thrill rides, mine would have to be hex. i remember the first time i went on it. i was only about 9 or 10 (maybe younger) andmy mum and dad said about going on it. i remember reluctently going on, thinking it was a boring walk through the towers telling you about the history. Then as soon i got into the towers getting more and more into the story but still thinking it was a walk through. then we went through the last set of doors, we sat down and the bars were lowered. meanwhile i noticed that the ride staff had left us so i was a tad' scared but also intrigued. then the actual ride started, it was just so magical and the build up to the finale was amazing. that was and probably is the only ride that has always left me gobsmacked and just amazed. i didn't know it was a haunted swing at the time so everything wassuch a mystery. nothing was a give away on the tv adverts or the radio adverts just hinting to what it was. done in true alton style that i'd love to see again :D
:D

Anonymous

Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:57 pm

Definately Nemesis,

My most ever feared ride but i was definately proved wrong. I had feared it for a long time and then i carted my @r$e on there. On the chain hill, i had butterflies. Then, from the first drop to the brake run i loved every second of it. I didn't feel like coming off! It was astonishing and totally took my breath away. Went on 4 more times that day loving it more and more each time.

It has helped me get rid of some of my fears of coasters :P.

Shent
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:08 pm

Nemesis, i love that ride, i could ride it all day everyday :D :D
......The one and only... :sus:

Lauzi
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:11 pm

Oblivion all that way ba-bay!

I love all of it: The tension you get , the little videos they play in the the queue, it's just amazing!

I think it's the best ride for me, because it has an amazing mixture of tension, atmosphere etc. The absolute amazing feeling you get when you drop is just phenomonal.

This is the ride that people look at and say: There's no way I'm going on that and I have to admit I did too, but thank god I went on it in the end, because it has got to be the best ride in AT.

SilverSky
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:21 pm

"liam14" wrote:
MMM James thats not fair to say because im sure that rides will come to alton towers better than that which have a longer ride time, pull more G's, give bigger and better adenelin rushes, is more exiting, and overall a lot better ! :lol:

To be honest liam, that's not fair to say- it's just his opinion. It's like saying "Your favourite ride at Alton Towers is The Flume becuase I say so" :W

Best ride at Alton. hmmmmm that's hard. There's too many good rides at Alton. I would say Nemesis- it's well themed, one thing I ALWAYS look for in a ride, it's thrilling, it's just amazing, good theme tune, exilhrating to the very end, speeding up all the way through, and is just a genius ride.

-Andrew

liam14
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:29 pm

Ok soz a ddnt mean for my post to be that direct what I meant to say is that someting probably will checnge his mind, sorry I didnt mean for it to be ofensive. :lol:

james0507
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:42 pm

MMM James thats not fair to say because im sure that rides will come to alton towers better than that which have a longer ride time, pull more G's, give bigger and better adenelin rushes, is more exiting, and overall a lot better !

i suppose your right!

barryzola

Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:17 am

I kind of want to say thunder looper but it's only fair that i admit that Nemesis has probably been my favourite ride of all time at Alton.

Cameron
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:47 am

Definately Nemesis, even though i wasn't visiting Alton 'back in the days' of rides like the thunderlooper and the Alton Beast, but even if i had visited then i'd still say Nemesis, it's not just a ride its a story, an experience that no other theme park can offer.

Robert
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:22 pm

At the moment my favourite ride at Alton Towers is Rita as it is exciting and unique, and the adrenaline rush is massive. However, I think it is more of a novelty ride and the excitement of it is limited and so the greatest ride ever at Alton I would say is Oblivion as it provides the adrenaline and excitement every time you go on it and is also unique.

Redcoat Jase
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:26 pm

There is no contest in my Eyes, Hex - The Legend of the Towers, is the best Alton Towers attraction of the 00's (2000+).

There is other examples of 'spinning rooms' in the UK, but they certainly haven't mananged to create the atmosphere of HEX - My mate won't go anywhere near HEX as the actual concept of the ride really scares her - the vault doesn't bother her!

Nemesis and The Congo River Rapids come in at a close 2nd place! :D
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum

Anonymous

Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:50 pm

I'd have to say either Air or Hex. I love the feeling when you are on them and when the ride has finished. Both are amazing and very atmospheric.

Hex is so mystical and intrigiuing. So much effort and though has been added to the ride, which without all this the ride would be nothing.

Air is a fantastic experience and it really does feel like you're flying. Simple amazing ride and has a perfect theme which to me is very tranquil and beatiful.

However on April 1st i want to ride Nemesis :shock: which apparently is an awe-striking experience, SW for the first time, which i've heard is very fun and hopefully my bladder won't stop me this time!