UK theme parks from another point of view!

Udder
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Nemmy / Air Updates

Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:16 am

With the light of the mighty Nemmy and Air having loads of downtime recently due to Lift hill motors and other problems, I thought it would be a good idea to keep a topic open with updates of when it was up / down.

So if anybody has been to the park and noticed either one down, or if AT staff can keep us updated on these rides, because let's face it alot of people will travel to AT just to go on Nemmy or Air (I know I do!).

Post away people. :D

altonaddict
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:22 pm

went 2 the towers 2day and air and nemmisis were workin perfectly all day, and both q's were movin quickly

Anonymous

Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:39 pm

Yep. U must have seen me i was working on air all of today. No Issues today :lol:

themeparkfreak
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:54 pm

hope it keeps up for my trip on the 13th of April.

AstroDan

Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:20 pm

So, no issues today? All rows working on Air & Nemesis? If so, then great - I hope this means the rides may have ground back into action. heaven forbid any further problems!

Anonymous

Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:32 pm

No both Nemesis and air are running at a very slightly reduced capacity.

timbob
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:19 am

I was at the park on wednesday and was delighted that AIR was runing as I had read it have major problems but it appeared fine all day, went on it 3 times. At the start of the day either the blue lights were not active or I just didnt notice them. Nemesis Only had one train running but it didnt really matter much as the ques were very short. If anyone here was working on the two rides, I thank you for a great day.

plasticboy
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:06 pm

Air Updates - If you remember last season, Air trains often stalled or slowed down considerably on the life hill. This was due to timing problems, dispatching the next train too early before the current train on the track had enterted the brake run. These problems have been sorted with just a slight tweeking of the rides computer system. So, no more stopping or slowing down on the lift hill! :) This will increase througput. All of air's restraints have also been fixed, so no empty seats!

Nemesis - Inside of station painted (walls), track cleaned up. Breaks in brake run also replaced due to general wear and tear.

SOURCE - alton towers ride engineer (who i cannot name for obvious reasons!)

Nick

Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:36 pm

24th March - Nemesis running for the first hour only, all day was closed up to the last 30 mins

Matt 125
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:42 pm

good to hear about air. lol didnt read the comment on Nemesis! Does anybody know why it was down?Im hoping there's no problems for my visit on 21st of April! :)

Shent
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:58 pm

Don't worry yourself, :) most problems are fixed the day, or within the week so you will be fine!

Matt :)
......The one and only... :sus:

AstroDan

Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:12 pm

So, after the season's second weekend, and with less than a week to go until the '2nd' opening day (call it what you like). can anybody confirm what rides are still having problems at present? My main thoughts are regarding Air, Nemesis, Runaway Mine Train and Flume. Updates if you please! :W

oblivious2006
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:16 pm

Hmm. Air's Varied Lift Hill Was put in in 2002, as a way TO INCREASE throughputs as it means we can dispatch the trains earlier. Originally we couldnt dispatch trains until it had gone past the tunnel trim brake. as this would then give the other train time to clear the brakes. The varied lift slows down to allow the other train to enter the brakes. When it has entered the brakes the lift speeds up. When the train has cleared the brakes the lift then allows the craft to progress on to the freefall section. Sometimes when the craft stops at the top of the lift, its simlply to allow the craft in front to enter the waiting area fully, and once this is achieved, the lift restarts itself.

AstroDan

Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:30 pm

So, after the season's second weekend, and with less than a week to go until the '2nd' opening day (call it what you like). can anybody confirm what rides are still having problems at present? My main thoughts are regarding Air, Nemesis, Runaway Mine Train and Flume. Updates if you please! :W

Anonymous

Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:35 pm

Mine train has been doing test runs today and we should have it open by the 1st. us on Air today were running full crafts so it seems it. Nemisis did breakdown today and i havent a clue about that. I think flume is open now not sure tho.

plasticboy
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:43 pm

So, after the season's second weekend, and with less than a week to go until the '2nd' opening day (call it what you like). can anybody confirm what rides are still having problems at present? My main thoughts are regarding Air, Nemesis, Runaway Mine Train and Flume. Updates if you please!

Air seems to be sorted, far fewer problems than it was having last week.

Nemesis is still struggling badly. There are lift hill problems, and various other problems to do with the computer system and timing :roll:

Runaway Mine Trains problems appear are sorted, the ride was testing for most of yesterday. However, AT have said it will be opening between March 28th and April 2nd (this extra time bracket AT have give indicating that maybe all is not what it seems)

The Flume's sensor and turntable problems are sorted.

Corkscrew is still having some minor dispatch problems.

AstroDan

Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:57 pm

OK sounds good then. Hope Nemesis is OK! She sounds really very ill! Didn't realise Corky had issues? Eek! Glad to see RMT is testing now. Hope it's OK! It's such a vital ride to the park.

And, I hope Alton learn from the debacle that has been this first week and don't open in future to rides that are not in full working order.

=>TOXIC<=
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:27 pm

this has been the case for a few seasons but not this many problems they really need to consider paying some money to fix these things and useing closed season properly
Keep Rollin \":D\"

scottjenkins
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:33 pm

Oh, we are going tomorrow and hopefully the park will be dead! I HOPE Nemmie is open she is the heart and soul of the park!
Ill let u guys know what the crack is tomoz!

Shent
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:54 pm

The Flume's sensor and turntable problems are sorted.

What sensor and turntable problems?

The turntable was a bit sluggish, but is fine now, there was no sensor problems.
......The one and only... :sus: