UK theme parks from another point of view!

Charlie was...

Poll runs till Tue Jul 01, 2042 10:12 pm

Amazing
6 (23%)
Excellent
7 (27%)
Good
2 (8%)
Satisfactory
5 (19%)
Below par
1 (4%)
Very poor
No votes
Dire
5 (19%)

Total votes: 26

AstroDan

POLL: Charlie: Good or bad?

Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:06 am

So, you've been on Charlie & the Chocolate Factory. You waited in line. You rode the river, you went in the elevators.

So how was it? Overall.
Last edited by AstroDan on Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AstroDan

Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:01 pm

Well, I went on it and i voted 'Below par'. Read my review to find out why. It just didn't do it for me, it was lacklustre and the boat ride boring. It was nearer very poor rather than satisfactory. The darkness will scare the kids, and there's not enough for them to look at. As for adults, it is just boring on the boat. The handrails on the lifts are too high for kids. It didn't move enough. Too many blank walls. No animatronics. Too much animation, not enough physical theming.
Last edited by AstroDan on Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous

Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:06 pm

I think Charlie excellent.

Too many people got over hyped about the ride and didn't apprieciate it's intent and purpose. This is essentially a kiddy ride. It isn't even ment to impress us - yet still I find it absolutley superb!

leighar
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:30 pm

I think Charlie and the chocolate factory is good it has a few technical problems at the moment but this will sort this out as the staff get used to operating it and it is a great addition to the park
IMG]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e31/LEIGHAR/Alton%20Towers/DSC00021.jpg[/img]

AstroDan

Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:32 pm

What do all you people who thought it was 'excellent' or 'amazing' make of the blank bits? I would like to guage exactly what it is that makes it 'excellent'. Obviously you are in the majority so far, so it is interesting.

Nutty dreadz
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:31 pm

Too many people got over hyped about the ride and didn't apprieciate it's intent and purpose. This is essentially a kiddy ride. It isn't even ment to impress us - yet still I find it absolutley superb!

Couldn't agree more. I q'd over 2 hours on it's opening day, and in my opinion, I found it really quite boring, and didn't think the elevator was that good - However, I realise this ride is more for kids/families, and probably if I was a lot younger, and hadn't been on rides like Rita/Nemmy etc etc, then it would be really good.

So my vote goes for satisfactory (after a long hard think!)