UK theme parks from another point of view!

=>TOXIC<=
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Air Tunnel 1 Concept

Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:22 pm

Hi all

Ive put together a concept theme for airs first tunnel to get rid of the garage look :)
The idea is tunnel 1 is themed like a cave keeping in context with some of airs rock themeing around the staiton area and queue beginning.
Have a look and I know the waterfall is terrible will work on it :D
Enjoy

download video right click 1.4mb
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/toxic_200/dow...ncept1small.wmv
Keep Rollin \":D\"

Joe from the IOW
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:28 pm

that is a fantastic idea, i had an idea similar to that but not with the projections of the air logo into the water, and the water fall is great! Small idea though: when i thought of it, you know you can get the misters that you put into ponds and a thick layer of mist comes across the surface, why not add that, it again gives to the airy theme.
For all the Latest News and Media on the Isle of Wight\'s favorite attraction visit . . .

www.behindthechine.i8.com

Matt 125
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:42 pm

Great work. . . but correct me if i'm wrong but the whole 'assume the postion. . . now fly' happens just as you leave the station!

Cool idea! if AT can get their act together and do something to it it would make my day!

Matt

Anonymous

Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:44 pm

Woah! I just downloaded the video and it is amazing. I would love to see that in Air's tunnel. Great work TOXIC :clap:

haydn!
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:57 pm

Yeah, thats a fantastic idea. Alton Towers really need to add something here, and I think even just a small amount of rock themeing in that tunnel would make a massive difference to the ride experience.

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:57 pm

That looks incredible! Great work. I with Alton would do this. I think the sign and lighting is good but i doubt Alton would add water for H&S. Maybe water with perspex above it? Could work? And support struts holding it a foot from the floor/

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:59 pm

That looks incredible! Great work. I with Alton would do this. I think the sign and lighting is good but i doubt Alton would add water for H&S. Maybe water with perspex above it? Could work? And support struts holding it a foot from the floor

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:02 pm

Amazing work there toxic. I would love to see something like that. But I would be overjoyed if alton just done a few things to make it better for example,

Paint the walls
Add Lighting like on the advert
Add some rocks or water features.

They need to sort out that air tunnel. It dont cost much to add some rocks and have a lick of paint. Plus im sure they could afford the lighting.

Moley

Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:34 pm

I'm impressed! Hope your reading AT this is exactly what AIR needs to really get it going. Agree with titler on the H&S issues, but with the precautions you stated these should be met. Great idea TOXIC, stick it in a cheeky email to them :lol:

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:55 pm

Yes true,

Why not email them and see what response you get. Dont mention me i dont think im liked at HR!

bjh_101
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:39 am

That is a seriously cool design. :D
Well done, and I hope they do consider it. Surely it wouldn't cost that much to implement?

Shent
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:06 am

If they did go though with it, they wouldnt build/make it untill closed season me thinks.

Matt
......The one and only... :sus:

Jnewcombe
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:12 am

Wow nice concept there , i reckon even if they brought aload of pebels and bambo and made it a sorta chineese tranquility garden it would look good

Jon
42% of Statistics are made up on the spot!

mike22
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:07 am

Toxic that idea is brilliant! I was so impressed. I can just imagine it right now! All I can really say is WOW!

Why don't you send your idea into Alton Towers, like have a meeting with them, show your work and you never know they may like it and actually do it to the ride. I really think you should consider this!

Mike 22 :W

Beaver Dude
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:07 am

I think Air needs more than just a bit of theming in the tunnel. It needs all its originally planned theming put on (what ever its planned theme was meant to be.) It needs a story explaining this theme. It needs a proper theme I bet it was going to have an exellent theme seeing as it was designed by JW.

Towers tucan
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:08 am

Great idea , to be honest i dont think they could be :evil: to do it !

[color=blue] :clap: Im impressed though!

Mugz x

:D

liam14
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:28 am

WOW I love that idea you should send it to the Towers and see what they think of it. Although it would probably never happen because of money and the ride would be down for ages while its in the making etc but its a fantastic idea.

What did you use to make that ?
Nemesis: 4
Air : 4
Oblivion :3
Corkscrew: 8
Rita :4
Runaway mine train :15

Trips to A.T :14

=>TOXIC<=
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:00 pm

Dobtful you'll see a lake under the Chain lift as that would involve alot of landscaping, which can't really be done.

If you see the ride the water trough is already there under the lift hill just needs themeing to look like a spring :)

Have a look next time you go

and I used 3d studio max 8 to model it.
The ride wouldnt be down long they could do it in the winter the rock themeing can be built off area and put in in stages its not that hard and not that expensive even if the water was not there heavey smoke down lift hill and then lights that look like shimmering water would work to they just dont want to spend the money simple as.
Keep Rollin \":D\"

stefani
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:49 pm

That was amazing. If i was you i would try and make it happen. :D Go u!
\":W\" Alton Towers i love it!