UK theme parks from another point of view!

Redcoat Jase
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

The Ropers.

Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:26 pm

The Ropers are at it again! - This time the noise levels are still insufficient, and Alton Towers Fireworks may be in doubt again.

This link, featured in todays Sentinel explains all!

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c347/ ... Ropers.jpg
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:33 pm

:roll: Isn't that just great!

Its ashame these people have to so awful towards Alton Towers and its fans. These people should surely either leave the area or put up with the problems they are faced with. I in no way support The Ropers as this is just as stupid as the problem is.

Mugz xx

:x

[ Edit - In other news, Citroen Picasso 1.6 LX 5 door from £4999!!! ]
Last edited by Wes on Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:36 pm

:evil: I cant beleive this. My blood is boiling. What restrictions next ? The ropers might try and stop people from breathing in the park, it would not surprise me. Well sounds like all the local business are behind alton towers and most likely most of the locals. I just hope the judge throughs out the case. She looks like she has just stuck her face in a bee hive. :P

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~uccaaeg/vera.jpg :wink:
Last edited by Dr Pop Rocket on Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dom1991
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:38 pm

Oh dear, they've printed a photo of them, I wouldn't be surprised if a crazy enthusiast hunted them down now. . .
Anyway, on a slightly more serious side, what more do they want? They've tried fixing Oblivion's chain and followed the orders so now what? The staff having to stick duct tape over riders' mouths in the stations to prevent screaming? It's getting quite silly now, even other local residents are against them, if they succeed again, I can see them being two of the most hated people in the Alton area!
Last edited by Dom1991 on Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redcoat Jase
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:41 pm

Us local people who reside in Stoke on Trent, got to see pictures of the sour-faced pair almost every week during the big case!
Personally, I don't know what to think about it all, But in the end, it's normally a great deal more than two people that end up suffering! :evil:
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum

Crofty

Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:41 pm

Wow a Citreon Piccaso for under £27 per week!

:P :P

Ian
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:42 pm

Look TTFers I know this is a subject that we all feel very passionately about but PLEASE do NOT resort to personal insults and threatening behaviour (even if it is just a joke - it's not funny)

If this can't be discussed without threats, abuse and having ideas of sending letter bombs I will have to remove the thread.

Thanks

Ian :D

Williscroft

Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:48 pm

Omg their acting like children. It’s obvious Alton Towers aren’t going to pick themselves up over night and move else were so it would be allot easier for them to just move house.

What annoys me the most is the fact that his pottery factory is making allot of noise 365 days a year and the local’s around there have been complaining yet he has done nothing. He is nothing but a hypocrite and I don’t know how he has the cheek to take them to court when his business is causing problems for others.

They will not win, they never will do

Anonymous

Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:28 pm

*Slaps self round face to prevent letting out rage*

What is their problem!? It is a theme park, expect noise! Expecially if you live 100 yards away! Why don't Alton buy them a new house away from Stafford?! :twisted:

I agree with Williscroft. Do they expect AT to move?! How can you really reduce the noise? Oblivion has a new chain hill which is quieter but that's all they can do really. Oh i take it the Ropers want the multi-million world first demolished?

Maybe the Ropers have had a bad experience at a theme park so they want to get rid of them all! :P

(Ummm, couldn't resist :) http://i3.tinypic.com/vq0d5i.png)

Liam
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:32 pm

With every court case the Ropers seem to lose support from the surrounding community and I wouldn't be surprised if this case is dismissed before it gathers momentum. They seem to want to go back for more and more each time, which in the end would harm the local economy tremendously if some of the actions they want taken were enforced. My sympathy for them having excess noise has certainly ebbed away now, and it seems, no matter how discrete they are, the media shares this view. That article certainly seems to be on Alton Towers' side of the fence.

What annoys me personally is that the park has been willing to compromise and seem to be very fair and friendly with the local residents. However if you look at the Roper side, you can see no appreciation for the opposing view, shown in particular by the solicitor’s (Richard Buxton's) choice of words, ". . .not sufficient to stop the nuisance. . ." and ". . .we won that hook, line and sinker." Quite needlessly aggressive really.

Tom M
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:50 pm

"Cages Announcement" wrote:
Oblivion beckons in T-5 minutes, be prepared for embarkation, when seated please pick up the gag situated in front of you and strap it on, ask an operative for help if you need it, all seats offer a front seat view...and a gag...

I am very shocked that they are trying again and I didnt realise that it would have an effect on all the B&B's in the area also, I just think the Ropers are being selfish now and are trying to spoil everyones fun. They are starting to make me angry now and I am sure they are pissing everyone else off now aswell.

Tom. :P
Last edited by Tom M on Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rightbackgranty
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:13 pm

Its true what Williscroft has said about the factory that Mr Roper owns - it does make a lot of noise 24/7. its probably just as noisy, if not even more noisy compared to Alton Towers when you are 100 yards away.

Why cant they just let it be? Its one of the few large attractions that brings money into the area. We cant afford to lose it (in more that one way) :lol:

plasticboy
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:27 pm

I would like to say how i feel about these two, but i do not want to be banned from this forum.

Cobra_Roll
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:55 pm

They are at it again! (You really expected them to quit?)

I feel that this has now gone on for far too long, the whole idea of this court case and how much of a disturbance to the park it is causing to me is absolutely disgusting.

I agree with Muggins on this one. The idea would be cheaper and more easily resolvable if they just left the area to somewhere else in Staffordshire where they could still have access to their factory and Alton Towers would at last be freed from this on-going saga. Then everyone would be happy!
<3-roll. Geddit?

Gashead
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:14 pm

This is getting a bit Stupid now. Have they nothing better to do than complain about a place that makes so many people happy and them a little bit unhappy. I mean im not far from Bristol Airport, and im sure others are near noisey places that produce noise 24 hours a day and i dont complain. They have to put up with noise from about 9 in the morning until 6 at night. During cold weather i very much doubt they have windows open or sit in the garden anyway so its only from around may to august where this effects them, also im sure if ropey bol|ocks owns a factory then during oblivon opperating times im sure he's actully at him own noisey factory :shock:

Jay12
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:15 pm

Muggins protesting as the Ropers plee for the closure of Alton Towers.
Sig made by Craig - Gashead.

notts nat

Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:16 pm

why dont we have a meet up and get everybody who goes on oblivion to shout dont look down as protest we would then media interest and hopefully they would quit sensilbe rational and easy to do. lets see their aces ! we could have banners and stuff and maybe alton would agree to this?

Dave

Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:17 pm

the only solution i can see beng even remotly feasable now is to build some sort of screen around the bottom end of X sector to reduce the noice that can travel in the ropers direction.

the thing is this is gonna go on for ever! tussauds is owned by a multinational investment bank! they have the funds to keep fighting this untill the end of time if they wanted to, it just seems to petty and stupid. we all have little irritants around where we live. in cheshire my house is about 100 yards from the M6, but you dont see me going to court to force all the drivers to get out and push as they pass my house!

incidentaly. the ropers dont own shares in american adventure do they? :? coz they seem determined to try to tarnish altons name.

mike22
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:18 pm

Hi people,

I really don't understand what the Ropers whant off of Alton Towers? :? It really annoys me that the keep doing this personally I feel that they are "busy bodies" at go too much time on there hands!

Cheers

Mike 22 :W

Gashead
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:19 pm

"Dave" wrote:
the only solution i can see beng even remotly feasable now is to build some sort of screen around the bottom end of X sector to reduce the noice that can travel in the ropers direction.

the thing is this is gonna go on for ever! tussauds is owned by a multinational investment bank! they have the funds to keep fighting this untill the end of time if they wanted to, it just seems to petty and stupid. we all have little irritants around where we live. in cheshire my house is about 100 yards from the M6, but you dont see me going to court to force all the drivers to get out and push as they pass my house!

incidentaly. the ropers dont own shares in american adventure do they? :? coz they seem determined to try to tarnish altons name.

Its not neccesarly the money that makes a differeance mate, theres only a certain about of courts it can go through.