UK theme parks from another point of view!

Stefan
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:30 pm

the ropers own a factory?

Yes they own Churchill China in Stoke On Trent. There opinions on Alton Towers are exactly the same as residents who live next to their factory. They have to put up with Alton Towers just for the day, where as the residents who live near to their factory have had to put up with noise and smoke during day and night.

All this as gone completely out of hand now they are appealing against an appeal ! What will be next; an appeal against an appeals appeal :P :P

I must admit two wrongs don’t make a right but I think they should just put this one to rest because its just got way out of hand for nothing. The Roppers aren’t doing themselves any favours either because Alton Towers attracts alot of revenue for the village of Alton and businesses within the area. They are going to be the ones who loose out.

What with these new road plans been put on hold I think Alton Towers have a really good chance to play the Roppers at there advantage. If Alton Towers come off worse with this new court order then they could say no to a new road. Thus the locals wont be too happy with Mr and Mrs Ropper.

Alton Towers are doing there best with the modifications made to the park but in realistic terms its a theme park. They aren’t spread all over the country and there isn’t many of them in comparison to houses in the country.

Its just ashame the local people living next to his factory cant kick up a fuss, I do remember Central News last year when a reporter measured noise levels outside his house. He then went over to Stoke to measure the noise from his factory. Surprise Surprise the factory was over twice as loud as the noise coming from Alton Towers.

As for this new legal battle.Good Luck Alton Towers :P :P

Rita 2005
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:28 pm

Tis was reported on ATA last year http://www.towersalmanac.com/index.php?page=news&id=187 , it seems thay want the sound level for Oblivion to be just 28dB!. Normal road traffic is only 40dB!.

iriderides101
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:38 pm

Thanks

Dormiens-Dave

Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:54 pm

What the ropers are doing is extreme and very very bad faith.

However, the primary reason there is no new link road isn't the ropers but the fact that such a road would have to pass through 2 council zones and the two councils cannot agree to a route one wants one that runs through an abonadoned train line and the other has an alternative. Also the owner of JCB who owns alot of the land that surrounds the park (another towers hater) will not sell land to the park to build such a link and the councils too scared to place a compulsery purchase order on the estate because they have some power.

Jem8472
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:58 pm

I think we shouold get together and protest outside their silly factory! its a good idea. A sort of strike tpye thing, but not by ppl that work there :? does that make any sense? :shock:

smeg_head
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:50 am

I'm ashamed to say, despite my protests, my company uses Churchill China as its supplier of all plates, bowls & dishes etc. :(

iriderides101
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:54 am

No better idea would be for someone to work their have a Major accident like almost die and then person sues them for a personal injurie and then when it comes to court the person who was injured could say id you stop sueing alton tower i won't sue u for any injuries any thoughts on my radical plan?

Jem8472
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:59 pm

And by the look of the churchill china website it makes quite a few quid.

I just hope the laws of karma come back to bite these two boring people on the arse! or someone decided to sue them out of exsistance :mrgreen:

Crofty

Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:26 pm

"smeg_head" wrote:
I'm ashamed to say, despite my protests, my company uses Churchill China as its supplier of all plates, bowls & dishes etc. :(

You thinking of having a Greek night?

:W :W

notts nat

Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:18 am

well on the churchill china website their is an e-mail adress for mr roper does anyone want ot try it out?

Anonymous

Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:28 am

It was known last year that the Ropers wanted Oblivion down to 28dB, when the court ruled 40 (I think). Which is ridiculous and I suspect pretty unachievable.

It just shows that the Ropers are unwilling to compromise, and hopefully this will be picked up on by the courts.

As for trying out Mr. Roper's email address, notts nat, I'm sure it's already been tried before, and besides, sending them an email will do little, ESPECIALLY if anyone was thinking of sending a particularly abusive, hostile email.

AstroDan

Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:43 am

Don't start emailing Mr Roper, how childish. Also, there is nothing wrong with Churchill china, my family have been using it for years it is very good quality.

Don't email them. Stupid idea.

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:52 am

Just had an idea about some of the things that people have said. People say that AT should pay them out, buy their house etc . . . , BUT if Alton Towers fall into the trap of buying locals out, other people may get in on the act aswell. I know the majourity of locals have buisnesses that gain from Alton Towers, but im sure they would prefer to get money for just moaning.
The only people that are directly affected by AT are they people of Farely, although Alton may get the traffic, they don't need to worry about that for long due to at new By-pass.
If people hook onto the idea of taking AT to court, things don't look good. But I think its only the ropers that really overly moan about AT, I have even heard locals moaning about the ropers.

Mugz x

:D

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:11 pm

I cant see a new by pass happening any time soon around there though to be honest! I think 10 years at least until we see anything. To much planning to take place and too many fields to cross before it can go anywhere. It would be nice though.

I still think using the CVR would be a nice and pleasant idea to stopping cars entering any where near Alton and they can limit queues. Make the park more magical and add lots of off site parking much further away from the park where it will be easier. They could even have an Alton express! It was always planned by the railway and they are not too far away from reaching the towers.

It would bring money to the area and the CVR and move hundreds of people at a time!

ChazerP
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Watford, Too far from a theme park P.S. I AM NOT A CHAV

Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:19 pm

Look out! Railway Bufff coming! :lol:

The Churnet Vallet Railway does have a long term plan to reach the Towers, but this has been hindered by a large sewer pipe line being built, allowed by the council, on part of the proposed route.
Cover Me In Chocolat And Throw Me To The Lesbians \":D\"

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:52 pm

:cry:

Hey there is nothing wrong with railway buffs for one! And no i am not one. I just think the CVR and Alton Towers could really help each other. Surely a sewer pipeline could simply be built underground? I suppose this was meant for the original CVR topic but it does show how it would be possible to lower traffic and noise?

notts nat

Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:39 pm

maybe alton towers and the ropers could come to an agreement like if alton towers used churchill china they would stop and if alton are currently using churchill china they should stop it is a fair deal.

S3 V2.1
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:11 pm

"notts nat" wrote:
well on the churchill china website their is an e-mail adress for mr roper does anyone want ot try it out?

Do you actually think he's going to listen? It would be pointless. Why use up your own time just to say you disagree with his point of view and probably throw a couple of insults at him? It lowers you to their level.

Whilst they have been complaining for "25 years," apparently, it seems that they have been watching too many "get something for nothing adverts," such as is the compensation culture these days.

For me it seems weird why it has taken so long for them to appeal, I'll never understand the flaws in humanity.
[size=150]Sitting in a bunker, here behind my wall.

Waiting for the worms to call.

plasticboy
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:08 pm

Can anyone gives us an update on this recent situation? What has gone on (if anything)?

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:20 pm

Umm I will check the Sentinel and Cheadle and Tean times and get back to you!