UK theme parks from another point of view!

Matthew
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Oblivions Guards

Tue May 02, 2006 5:34 pm

I was just reading that before Oblivion opened there were actors playing gaurds around the fences for Oblivion and I was wondering if anyone has any pictures of these gaurds? :D

welshemz89
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 02, 2006 5:37 pm

Where did you read that Alton Towers Maniac, may I ask? I didn't hear anything about that!

Matthew
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue May 02, 2006 5:43 pm

I read it at www.tpark.co.uk then I clicked on Rollercoasters and went through the list untill I found Oblivion. I then clicked on Oblivion and read it there.

Rory
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 02, 2006 5:45 pm

This is true. I dont have any pictures, but know that they feature on the BBC Magic Factory TV program that was shown about 5 years ago.

m4++
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 02, 2006 5:45 pm

There is a pic of one on Alton Towers Almanac cant get it up now though because it says their launching a new site. . . should be up later.

welshemz89
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 02, 2006 5:47 pm

Oh right, I must have been in a sensory deprivation tank when that was out, I didn't know they had some kind of guards lol. :P

Matthew
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue May 02, 2006 5:49 pm

What was that BBC Magic Factory program all about?

Ant

Tue May 02, 2006 5:55 pm

Macic factory was shown back in 1998 about how Alton Towers is run alot of footage of the park and hotels and the construction and opening day of Oblivion.
Last edited by Ant on Tue May 02, 2006 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tom M
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 02, 2006 5:56 pm

http://media.putfile.com/Oblivion-Orange-Guard

Can't remember who gave me this but it was someone from here, Thanks anyway.

Tom. :)

m4++
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 02, 2006 5:56 pm

"Ant" wrote:
Macic factory was shown back in 1998 about the how Alton Towers is run alot of footage of the park and hotels and the construction and opening day of Oblivion.
Ive seen this at school we watched it in Business Studies its really good!

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 02, 2006 6:10 pm

Looks interesting!

Can anyone send me the entire file/clip? If you can PM me,email me or contact me on msn. Thanks.

Id love to see the rest of it

madmanwill
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 02, 2006 6:23 pm

would these "guards" be by anychance the man who was seen in the towers st carnival last year. all "nu rock" boots and long black coat and acting very bizzarley(SP)

will

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 02, 2006 7:25 pm

"m4++""][quote=""Ant" wrote:
Macic factory was shown back in 1998 about the how Alton Towers is run alot of footage of the park and hotels and the construction and opening day of Oblivion.
Ive seen this at school we watched it in Business Studies its really good![/quote]

Do you think you could get this and upload it to your computer somehow? I think if you got that online you would be a life saver and seen as a king by all!

I remember seeing this, was a great program. The security guard was stood by the gates of X-Sector (construction) and just stook there saying nothing atall! They went behind the scenes of TLT and followed a cleaner aroudn from what I remeber :P

Mugz x

:D

m4++
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 02, 2006 8:04 pm

"Muggins""][quote=""m4++""][quote=""Ant" wrote:
Ive seen this at school we watched it in Business Studies its really good![/quote]

Do you think you could get this and upload it to your computer somehow? I think if you got that online you would be a life saver and seen as a king by all!

I remember seeing this, was a great program. The security guard was stood by the gates of X-Sector (construction) and just stook there saying nothing atall! They went behind the scenes of TLT and followed a cleaner aroudn from what I remeber :P

Mugz x

:D
[/quote]
I dunno, I have thought about stealing the video from school before hehe but if I did I dunno how I'd get it on my comp.

callum222
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 02, 2006 8:52 pm

Yea, i saw that video in my business studies lesson, it's quite good.
[size=150]\"I\'m my own worst enemy\"

Matt 125
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 02, 2006 9:08 pm

Cheers for the video Tom, never seen that before. Would of loved to have been there when all the build-up was happening seems amazing!

Would be great if anybody has the Magic Factory video because it sounds cool!

Matt :D

daboywunda
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 02, 2006 9:29 pm

as i have sed, i have the magic factory on video (along with GMTV at Oblivion for "Get Up And Give") and am trying to get it onto the internet some-how

ImYourVillain
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 02, 2006 9:33 pm

"Tom" wrote:
http://media.putfile.com/Oblivion-Orange-Guard

Can't remember who gave me this but it was someone from here, Thanks anyway.

Tom. :)

If they were todays kids that guy would've been mugged for his radio before he could say 'Don't Look Down'.

Was a great idea by Alton having them, and just goes to show how their standards have slipped from being a truly magical day out to a commerical venture :shock:

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 02, 2006 9:38 pm

:P

How true!

Well lets hope they can put time,effort,brilliant theming and attention to detail in new rides. I hope se see a SW sized project soon. I think this could be wood.

Lotty
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 02, 2006 10:18 pm

I do have this on video, I'm currently waiting for the equipment to transfer videos to pc when i've got it up and running i'll quite happily send to anyone,

But if you peeps can't wait i'm sure if you send me a blank tape i'll quite happily record it for you :D

Created By Lewis97 :)

Was Thrillbaby now Lotty :)