UK theme parks from another point of view!

Ash
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Kosmic Crew?

Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:53 pm

Hello,

Whilst waiting to leave the park after work today, i happened to spot a van leaving the park with some rather large decals. I rememberd this and thought hmmmmmm.

It was a show called Kosmic Crew? BH tent anyone? Take a look at pictures of them performing?

http://www.st-thomas.angus.sch.uk/kosmic%20crew.htm

http://www.narberth.co.uk/content/cultu ... kosmic.htm

Hmmm what do you all think? Strange considering the theme? And that Bobs only there for a year?

Thanks

Ash

Sir John Talbot
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:30 pm

:shock:

Well. at least it's entertainment. Could the BH tent logically be made into a stage venue? I hope if this comes it doesn't go in the Cred Theatre, completely contrary theme.

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:59 pm

Or someone just visited the park in there work van.

I guess because i saw a van in the car park for plumbing means were going to get a huge new water feature in the entrance?

Steighvo
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:06 pm

Good god with the sarcasm, isnt this site about speculation. And please dont post any 'dont worry its just adz humour' posts below me, it shouldnt be tollerated.
ANYHOOOOO.

Maybe there open to perform as other characters not just there special Kosmic Crew thingy? AT could be scouting actors. Meh its possible lol 8-[
Touch my beans... said the man!

Danzaw*nk
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:16 pm

I wonder what we could be seeing with that. I doubt anything will happen with it though. Usually someone sees something and then gets excited over nothing in the end (admit it!). Suppose, you never know.

Steighvo, don't worry its only Adz humour. :P

You asked for it :lol::P:wink:

PS: I'de change your sig size, it breaking the rules :lol:
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:17 pm

Thing is, it's more than likely to be someone just visiting in there work van!

Sir John Talbot
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:27 pm

As Steigvo said, It's only Speculation :). If it weren't for speculation TTF would be very dull!

Ash
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:34 pm

I know jesus christ. I was only saying!

I just found it strange is all, this place would be far more boring with no contemplation! There just no need for it really. I was trying to see what people think and i get that reply. Admins are supposed to be setting and example? No come out with silly comments like that. It was only a thought on the van? They might not of been visiting in there van? Oh well. I tried

Yes thinking about it im sure that the BH tent would be ok for a show? I dont know if that one suited X-Sector though? Perhaps the park are looking for alternatives?

On a more interesting note anyone seen the pegeout signs outside the park?

Steighvo
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:37 pm

I think AT have sufficient shows and to add another one would possibly be a bit over indulgent concidering their lack of decent flat rides? Its a big space to waist on a show don't you think?
Touch my beans... said the man!

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:38 pm

This Kosmic Crew do seem to have the X-Sector sort of theme about them, but I can't but help feel it would be too much of a childish show for the area, although they have been mixing up the areas recently for mixed ages.

Depending on where they were parked could settle the whole situation. Normal £4 parking = just visiting. VIP/Staff = More than just a visit ;)

Mugz x

:rock:

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:50 pm

Anyway, who the hell would want to watch the KOSMIC CREW. Alton is turning into Butlins, if your going to put on a show, do it right and spend some money!

Adam
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:13 am

"Steighvo" wrote:
I think AT have sufficient shows and to add another one would possibly be a bit over indulgent concidering their lack of decent flat rides? Its a big space to waist on a show don't you think?

Yeah one show in the whole park is a bit much, a new one would be a horrible idea. No one likes to be able to choose! :wink:

But on a serious side, if this is a new show in the planning, i will probably kill myself. It looks the lamest, tackiest, crappest show ever made! And it really would turn AT into more of a unprofessional park than it is now. I really do worrie about the future of AT.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."

Anonymous

Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:52 am

Bob the Builder was only temporary, wasn't it? Just for a year? I don't know. :-?

Crofty

Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:48 pm

Where Did you see them Titler?

Maybe if they wern't just day visitors then they could be some sort of new entertainment.
They could be for a new show in the Hotels or even the Ice show tent.

Maybe they could be hired to entertain park guests over the summer holidays just walking about and doing street entertaining, would look great in X-Sector

:D :D

Sir John Talbot
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:55 pm

I hope they don't go with another cheapy, cheapy show.

The venue they've lost from noise issues is a very sad loss :cry:. If I remember, they produced some great shows! Webmaster, and of course the amazing Peter Rabbit! I hope they'll be able to sound-proof it and then open it again, with the return of Peter! I can't see X-Sector as an area with a show venue. It's too - bland - for one. X-Sector's whole feel and design is just to accomidate thrill rides!

A Henry Hound show in a retheme Cred Theatre, Peter Rabbit back, and maybe a new 3D/4D cinema show in Merrie England, and I'll be happy. *Ponders on the fact I'll be eternally sad :( :P*.

Beth
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:40 pm

To be honest, they do look a bit Butlins like entertainment. dont get me wrong, it would be cool if they did a performance in the Blackhole tent as 1: it puts the tent to good use, and 2: it goes with the X-Sector theme.
I do think though, that Alton should go with something that is more for the family, not little children. We have Bob the Builder for that ;)
::: (\\(\\
*: (=\' :\') :*
•.. (,(\'\')(\'\')¤°

Maz
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:16 pm

There were about 10 of their minibuses and vans with the logo on the side and front on Saturday as we left. They were parked up somewhere near row D ( only remember that cos we parked in row D) quite close to the monorail. I figured they must have been part of a show or something, but as I never visit any of the shows when I go to AT. ( not enough time to do everything)

And.
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:58 am

I don't think that the Black Hole tent is empty. yet!

The ride is going to be removed over the next few weeks (watch out for the basketball game in x sector being relocated to opposite the corporate hospitality suite so that there is easier works access - this will be a sign that work is about to get underway).

loopylooo
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:13 pm

Kaz wrote:
Anyway, who the hell would want to watch the KOSMIC CREW. Alton is turning into Butlins
- They already have - Butlins have had Bob the Builder for ages! Still I would welcome Kosmic Krew - any entertainment is better than the nothingness that they have at the moment!

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:17 pm

It's one of them cheap shows that do visits to schools, ow dear alton.