UK theme parks from another point of view!

Anonymous

Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:14 pm

"barryzola" wrote:
I actually made a Nemesis video a while back for TT which features footage from the old queueline. I sent it to a mod (can't remember who) but they didn't use it in the cinema section for some reason. It's a good quality vid though, so if you want to see it you'll have to be prepared to wait a while for it to download. I think Marky or Uncle Dan might have it still if they've got any decent way of uploading it anywhere.
Personally, i can't be bothered with those free hosting sites anymore cus it just takes too long to upload and stuff. I can still send it but i'd rather send it directly through a p2p program such as soulseek (slsk.org). If anyone's interested just drop me a pm and we'll sort something out.

I've still got the video and it's possibly the best Nemesis video available. I'll happily upload or send it to any of the team if they wish to view it and consider it's suitability for TT.

:D

Lauzi
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:02 pm

I love this topic. I hope these little things don't get removed as they make me feel happy just looking at them for some reason :D

Dave

Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:00 pm

yeah!

i see little bits like the nickolodeon controle sign and just makes me smile. brings back a lot of good memorys of the old days

Liam
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:31 pm

"marky""][quote=""barryzola" wrote:
I actually made a Nemesis video a while back for TT which features footage from the old queueline. I sent it to a mod (can't remember who) but they didn't use it in the cinema section for some reason. It's a good quality vid though, so if you want to see it you'll have to be prepared to wait a while for it to download. I think Marky or Uncle Dan might have it still if they've got any decent way of uploading it anywhere.
Personally, i can't be bothered with those free hosting sites anymore cus it just takes too long to upload and stuff. I can still send it but i'd rather send it directly through a p2p program such as soulseek (slsk.org). If anyone's interested just drop me a pm and we'll sort something out.

I've still got the video and it's possibly the best Nemesis video available. I'll happily upload or send it to any of the team if they wish to view it and consider it's suitability for TT.

:D[/quote]

Video can now be seen on http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/interact/videos.htm
It's an excellent video Barryzola, well done and thanks. :D

Tom M
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:37 pm

On the way into the towers we saw a sign hidden stating that due to low light conditions the towers will close at 4pm. Well this sign had a rather old AT logo at the top. :)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/Pr ... CF8670.jpg

Tom. :)

barryzola

Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:59 pm

Thanks for the feedback on the vid guys, i appreciate it.

Jon
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:37 pm

Yes, thanx for sorting that out for me barry. Twas a bit of a cafuffle but we got there in the end!

Liking that one from Tom, very intresting.

All this is great, I didnt think people would get the topic! But you did and its mighty fine :wink: .

Keep up the good work! xxdagoo
Formerly "Dagoo"

Stefan
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:48 pm

Theres also a disused queueline at the back of Ugland, behind Soak-A-Saurus. You have to get on that path that starts at the back of Ug Swingers and leads to the little shop and queueline board outside the front of the towers.
If you climb through the bushes you will actualy see the wooden queueline, some of its fallen to bits but part of it remains with over grown shrubs where the tarmac would of once been. I dont know which ride it was for, either Enterprise or something like that when it was in Ugland :? :? :?

I'll try to think of some more places, i like topics like this :D

iriderides101
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:51 pm

I have one but don't have a picture which is the advert for air on the kodak store on towers street i havent looked recently does anyone know i it is still there?

Dave

Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:52 pm

that was infact removed over winter. i took a photo of it during a winter weekend and the next time i went it was gone!

Matt 125
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:46 pm

OOOO loving this topic! I havn't got any photos of SPARK but the ones being given are really magical!

Didn't realise you could see into the Nikk building sometimes. . . will have to check this out next time!

Matt :D

Jon
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:04 pm

http://links.pictures.aol.com/pic?id=07 ... Ig=&size=t

Ive scanned in two from my sisters visit. This first one is from the entrance plaza which is still rather magical and i do really like thos flag poles. I really liked the "crookedness" of it all, like the wonky guttering and things, could really improve that though. This second picture, I mean the little sign in the corner. Very magical I thought, thats the kindof thing i like to see.

http://links.pictures.aol.com/pic?id=07 ... Ig=&size=t

I don;t know how well these photos will turn out, I used AOL, if anyone can tell me a better service and how to use it, please to pm. Unless they're fine, in which case, great!

xxdagoo

Edit: the second one on imageshack http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/3470 ... rk28ew.jpg now I've just got to find the first. Tell me how it turns out. :wink:
Last edited by Jon on Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly "Dagoo"

BULBOUS
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:06 pm

www.imageshack.us , upload from your comp and resize if necessary, and use the very bottom link on the page. :)

They turned out really small.
Adjective: Fat, round, or bulging.

madmanwill
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:59 pm

not a photo of spark but it made my phone call all the more magical :D

phoned AT yesterday and the telephone was answered by a chirpy chappy who said

Welcome to the magical world of Alton Towers my names XXXX how can i help.

Thom
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:59 pm

'Welcome to the Magical World of Alton Towers.' is the standard script for answering the phone at the AT call centre. I've heard it on no less than 5 occassions now.

Tom :D

Anonymous

Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:47 am

Here is a picture from the old queue line.

http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/history/co ... emesis.htm

Jon
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:19 pm

Doesn't It look uber fresh in that picture? I really think the logo of nemesis with the purple back ground is really very magical. It longs to be acompanied with ITHOMK. But I had a bright idea that still proves alton to be that little bit more magical. I compared Spinballs themeing in my head to the ideas of whirlwhid and dragons fury and imediatly it seemed darker and more purple, but still not really good enough. The same happened with Rita and stealth.
Formerly "Dagoo"

Tom M
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:25 pm

'Ello 'ello 'ello, what do we have here. A photo taken today of a sign pointing which was The Haunted House is? That's a bit old isn't it?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/Pr ... CN0419.jpg

Dave

Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:35 pm

Jon
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:02 pm

"Tom" wrote:
'Ello 'ello 'ello, what do we have here. A photo taken today of a sign pointing which was The Haunted House is? That's a bit old isn't it?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/Pr ... CN0419.jpg

Where abouts is this little cracker?
Formerly "Dagoo"