UK theme parks from another point of view!

Rekki
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Runaway Mine Train Crash

Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:40 pm

has anyone heard about the crash on the runaway mine train today? apart it was a full train, and one of the cupplings went, and the two haves crashed into one another in the tunnel

sammie04

Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:45 pm

Oh dear sounds bad not good news for Alton Towers. Did anyone get hurt?

Rekki
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:47 pm

yes, it was a full train, from what ive heard they ahve closed all of katanga so ambulances can come and go, i can't 100% comfirm this cuase i dont work there anymore, but its come from a very reputable source

Kelly
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:49 pm

This doesn't sound good. I got told something had happened on RMT today but nobodys too sure what really happened. I hope nobody got seriously hurt!

Adam
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:04 pm

This isn't good news atall.
Last edited by Adam on Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."

$t£v£
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:07 pm

Oh dear sounds bad not good news for Alton Towers.

Domt worry about it too much. Alton towers have the most reputable saftey record ive ever known they arent neglegent.

The only thing that worries me is that thats basically a kids ride so there will have been kids involved.
$t£v£, formerly Mr Writer.

Gax
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:07 pm

yes it is true

http://www.towersalmanac.com/

this is bad. Wonder how long the mine train will be closed for.

Rekki
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:10 pm

if its correct, do you think they would allow it to open again, from what ive heard they had to air lift most of the train to hospital

jayson2125
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:11 pm

Just seen on sky news that 29 people have been hurt, three taken to hospital.

They said the front carrage became sepatated from the rest of the train and rolled back into the rest of the train.

Many many thanks to Lewis97 for my signature file.

Nutty dreadz
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:12 pm

Me and Jase have just got back from the hotels.
On the way there, there were 2 air ambulances on the fields, and also we saw some ambulances racing down the roads.

Wondered what the hell they were there for, so I guess we know why now!

$t£v£
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:14 pm

if its correct, do you think they would allow it to open again,

Of course, nobody died. Take a look at Big thunder mountain (if its called that) someone died on there and thats still open.
$t£v£, formerly Mr Writer.

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:17 pm

I know there have been sevral problems with the RMT recently, with minor problems happening requently, this obivously is abit worse!

Also if its on the news, no dobt there must be some serious injuries.

Lets hope nothing comes of this, i.e. the ride closing.

Mugz x

:rock:

Wez
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:19 pm

"Nutty dreadz" wrote:
On the way there, there were 2 air ambulances on the fields, and also we saw some ambulances racing down the roads.

I don't think the Air Ambulances would have been for Alton Towers. In all honesty the access Alton has is fine for road crews and in any case two HEMS wouldn't have been scrambled.
The best, most informed enthusiast EVER!!111

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:22 pm

"Wez""][quote=""Nutty dreadz" wrote:

I don't think the Air Ambulances would have been for Alton Towers. In all honesty the access Alton has is fine for road crews and in any case two HEMS wouldn't have been scrambled.[/quote]

Its all due to the response speed, they were probably closest at the time and can get to the hospital faster.

Mugz x

:rock:

McFlurry

Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:30 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staf ... 198728.stm

"Two women were flown by air ambulance to North Staffordshire Hospital while a third person was taken by land ambulance."

So yeah, the Air Ambulances were for Alton Towers.

Wez
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:31 pm

They are definitly not closer than land crews, but I highly doubt two air crews were sent (two passengers per chopper) Thats a lot of tax payers money to be spent on an accessible area.

But yeah, I stand corrected! Apologies.
Last edited by Wez on Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The best, most informed enthusiast EVER!!111

Craig

Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:32 pm

Well I hope everyone isn't too badly hurt, its the fastest part of the ride it's occured on as well, at the tunnel entrance. Air ambulances will have definitely been despatched for an incident of this kind. You've got a pretty bumpy road leading up to AT which would aggrevate any injuries thought to be serious. Additionally, road ambulances will already have been stretched due to the sheer number of people injured.

Definitely not an ideal time for this to happen, especially when the park's full of schoolkids without their parents.

Leanne2511
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:34 pm

"Craig" wrote:
Well I hope everyone isn't too badly hurt, its the fastest part of the ride it's occured on as well, at the tunnel entrance. Air ambulances will have definitely been despatched for an incident of this kind. You've got a pretty bumpy road leading up to AT which would aggrevate any injuries thought to be serious. Additionally, road ambulances will already have been stretched due to the sheer number of people injured.

Definitely not an ideal time for this to happen, especially when the park's full of schoolkids without their parents.

Yeah as you enter the tunnel, its really rough.

Redcoat Jase
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:36 pm

Yes, There were Two Air Ambulances parked on the Grass where the cows graze right near to the travel lights before where you split to the hotels/main car parks!

They were definately for the Hotels Wez, it would be far quicker to Fly injured to the nearest Hospital (Either in Uttoxeter but more than likely the University of North Staffordshire Hospital in Stoke, which is over 20miles from the Park!)
- Wez, it's obvious the Air ambulances were for the park, i've been to the hotels/theme park over 20 times this season and never have I seen an air ambulance casually grazing in the fields, nevermind 2 of them! :roll: - Also the fact that the BBC have published 2 people have been air lifted to Hospital. Unlike enthusiast sites, the BBC get their information from extremely reputable sources and if they were wrong could be liable to pay thousands to relevant people!
Last edited by Redcoat Jase on Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum

Leanne2511
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:37 pm

"Wez" wrote:
They are definitly not closer than land crews, but I highly doubt two air crews were sent (two passengers per chopper) Thats a lot of tax payers money to be spent on an accessible area.

But yeah, I stand corrected! Apologies.

Yep two air crews.it is pretty accessible too, so i wouldnt of thought two were needed.