UK theme parks from another point of view!

Alton-Alex
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Vending Machine Hell

Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:09 pm

Has anyone ever ran over to one of those vending machines in alton towers wanted to get a nice cool drink or a choclate bar and then
relised how much the price is , found out that its sold out or lose Your money in the machines well if You have not Your lucky :cry:
Alex , Alex , Alex \":!:\"

caffeine_demon
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:48 pm

yes - I've had a few losses to the vending machine gods. not at alton towers though!

Had stuff get wedged when falling, coins stuck, totally melted chocolate etc.

Lozza
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:53 am

A few of the vending machines need filling up, the last time i went a vending machine near forbidden valley was empty buti don't think it said it on the machine. There was nearing 6 pound in there so when it does get filled up there are going to be some lucky people! Personally i think the prices aren't too bad, just normal vending machine prices. I used to love the cadbury creme egg vending machines (and the car aswell- very good!) but i don't think they have them anymore :(
:D

Lauren
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:59 am

The thing that allways happens to me is those little twirly things that hold it in , it spins for a bit then stops. Leaving your bag of minstrels hanging :(
Even with a bang and a kick it still dosent move.
Psh.
Those minstrels looked lurvvvly.

Dave

Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:43 am

its happene to me too. the really annoying high tech ones. like they have in cariba creeks reception area.

i put the money in nd entre the code fo the drink i want
"sorry sold out"
BUT I CAN SEE IT! its there! on distplay! AAAGH!

i then proceed to try to order any of the products with similar effect. and then cant get my money back!
:evil:

Lauren
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:45 am

"Dave" wrote:
its happene to me too. the really annoying high tech ones. like they have in cariba creeks reception area.

i put the money in nd entre the code fo the drink i want
"sorry sold out"
BUT I CAN SEE IT! its there! on distplay! AAAGH!

i then proceed to try to order any of the products with similar effect. and then cant get my money back!
:evil:
That happens to me in school , i ask fcor A4 , ''Sorry it is sold out''
THE OASIS IS STARTING AT ME?!?!?!
And if you try again with a diffrent number it says
''PLease insert the correct money''

oliver4alton
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:26 am

when i was Qing for oblivion i dicided to by a ice cold bottle of ribbina because it said that they were only 60p (i thought that thats to good to be true, because the coke is 1 pound 30) i had a 1 pound coin and the machien said that i gave change but i put in my money and pressed the button and it said please insert corect money (1 pound 30) i didnt have the money because i left my walet with a non rider and non of my friends had 30p in coins so i pressed the coin retern button and the machien did nothing, insted it just reset its self and started to say 'ice cold. only 60p' (i wasnt amused) :x :evil: :x
oliver4coastersUK is now oliver4alton (i had to re-register \":-?\" )

Crofty

Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:41 am

I don't get why you are all complaining about these vending machines.
If it swallows your money then ask a host to get it back for you :? :?

Can I also remind members to try and use a spell checker if they are unsure about spellings, also re-read what you have posted to check it for mistakes. This topic is very hard to read.

:D :D

Lon
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:09 pm

Yeah as crofty says, if you have an issue with a vending machine, just go into any of the shops and they will either give you the item or your money back.

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:35 pm

Its people like you that me and my dad love :D

Every Machine me and my dad go past, he is like check it out. Me being to cool and hip kid, im too embaressed to look like a scab myself, but reep from the benifits if he finds any money in the return thing :P

I've never actualy had a problem at the Towers with machines, but have at Thorpe . . . . every time :?

Mugz x

:rock:

Aufo8mycow
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:17 pm

LOL, I think we have all been there! I am always too tired to go to one of the shops so I use the vending machines regular.
However, unfortunately, those on the main plaza and the monorail stations usually are empty by 11am on a hot day. Those visiting may see the vending lady more or less live on the park due to how many trips she must make a day.
A small calculation in maths shows that say there are 19,000 guests on a day at least 1/2 will buy a drink and if it is hot enough will probably buy 3 throughout the day. that works out to be 28,500 bottles of pop . thats a lot of pop in anyones books and quite difficult to refill constantly throughout the day.
The best idea for anyone wanting to buy drinks in the park is to purchase one of the coco cola refill bottles at a bargain £4.99 with free refills all day (effectively if you come often bring it with you and its free refills all year)while the offer remains open))
Failing that, there are always drinks and snacks available throughout the park and sometimes cheaper than the vendors!

Chris xoxoxo
[b]

Lauzi
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:29 pm

Lol just wait till Kelly sees this topic, she'll have a story to tell you all :P

Rory
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:30 pm

"Aufo8mycow" wrote:
(effectively if you come often bring it with you and its free refills all year)while the offer remains open))

watch that one, this season they are asking for a receipt of purchase on that day, to stop this from happening

Kelly
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:36 pm

"Lauzi" wrote:
Lol just wait till Kelly sees this topic, she'll have a story to tell you all :P

Oh Dear God, Vending Machines :x

Right, after everybody had left for the TTF meet for the camping site, me and Lauzi were left behind, so we ventured to X-Sector, but the shop there had closed. However we spotted vending machiens to our right - Sold out :x So we walked around and went to the vending machines by Splash Carts. I got a drink, but i really fancied a twirl, so after working out the number (theres like three numbers!) i pressed the button - 'sold out'. Argh! The machine didn't give change either - but i was still really craving a Twirl, so i put more money is and this time i put in the number for the row of twirls that were definately not sold out. And what does the machine do! It stops just before the twirl is let out! :-( My anger led me to shake the machine - no hope, then curse at the machine, which didn't do anything either! So in the end i gave up after loosing like £1.50 and still no Twirl :-(

Thomas
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:08 am

I have only ever had one problem with a vender and that was at school but other than that i love them, i always end end up with two drinks falling out or extra change.

Anonymous

Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:18 pm

Whenever I go to one of the vending machines, They always take my money, Or they're all out.
So I don't bother getting drinks from them now, I just go to one of the shops.

aledaerials
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:08 am

I dont bother anymore, all the times i have been , every god damn forsaken machine was out of every god damn thing i wanted! Then to top it all off (wandering around the park in a daze in search of something to drink) I go to kfc, i got my drink but they had run out of chicken PIECES!ARRRGGGG, the fury! All i wanted was some chicken and a drink to go home to the hotel wiv, sob sob :(
Mines a jack and coke thanks...cheers!

m4++
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:31 pm

The only problem I've had with them is the rip off prices but usually I'll still end up buying something in the queue line ones anyway. I'm that thirsty in queue lines I don't care, I think they take advantage of that, that once your in a long queue you cant go anywhere else and your willing to pay

madmanwill
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 30, 2008 4:22 pm

Never really have too much of a problem with vending machines.
i have become a bit of an expert with the ones at my work in as much as i can tell what will give a double pay out and generally get two for the price of one . ( or even better find out that the refill lady has left the machine unlocked :P )

rightbackgranty
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 31, 2008 10:11 pm

Having been on battle galleons a couple of times this year, and having no waterproofs, I thought I'd invest in one of those cheap disposable ponchos you get from the machines. I used the machine in the battle galleons queueline... and of course the machine swallows my money.

5 minutes later, I'm drenched to the skin. Boy do I hate that vending machine... :evil: