UK theme parks from another point of view!

Skumfidus

Electric Towers

Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:48 pm

Just wondering if anyone has heard of it yet (Am i missing a post?)

(basically it's fireworks, but already it is being marketed amazingly!)

Ryan

AstroDan

Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:51 pm

Sorry? What is this? Do tell!

Skumfidus

Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:57 pm

Electric Towers (chocolate towers ->electric towers, oh the genius!) is the Fireworks Extravaganza! Three days of.urm.well, all I saw was an A3 poster in the valley, the picture was the towers themselves, with a pink-purple-thundery glow from the windows and thunderbolts in the sky, with shots of nemesis in at the side. Bloody beautiful poster and looks ace! don't know anything else.

Matt 125
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:59 pm

Very Interesting. A new approach to Fireworks night?!?!

Matt :D

AstroDan

Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:02 pm

God Dammit, and why didn't you take a photo? Ahem!

Sounds good, although going off the current event, i do really hope they are keeping ALL their funds for the fireworks event.

That poster sounds great!

Skumfidus

Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:04 pm

"AstroDancer" wrote:
God Dammit, and why didn't you take a photo? Ahem!

Take my mobile out in the middle of the valley, could you imagine the telling off i'd get!
Last edited by Skumfidus on Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ashayling
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:06 pm

I'll be there on wednesday, I'll try and get a photo then.

AstroDan

Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:10 pm

You'd better! hehe, nah - only if you can, I'm on park on Sunday so i'll try and take a high-res one then if possible.

Sounds interesting anyway, be interesting to see what happens. Does the poster imply Halloween or not?

Skumfidus

Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 pm

I don't think so, wish I'd had more time to read it now :-(

Nick

Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:12 pm

Yeh we got told that the Firworks were based around an electric storm focussing on the Towers themselves. Good too see it finally being advertised

LiamC
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:12 pm

Is this the only one you saw?

Liam =)

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:13 pm

Looks like Dr. Pop Rocket is dead then! About bloody time!

AstroDan

Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:15 pm

lets not hold our breath. A fireworks show linked in with Towers. Well that would be nice. But again, this is 2006 events team. We shall see.

Skumfidus

Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:21 pm

Well the advert completely goes with what Nick said!

stokywolf
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:42 pm

"AstroDancer" wrote:
lets not hold our breath. A fireworks show linked in with Towers. Well that would be nice. But again, this is 2006 events team. We shall see.

High budget for fireworks with halloween cancelled obivously this year its going to be good and not a last minute rush job like last years bit of a botch.

This is the 2006 events team who advertised a chocolate volcano for Chocolate Towers, a Beach, beach hut and Sand Alton Towers for the summer spectacular, we all saw these at there events. I think you can see what i'm implying.

It's pretty obvious that the towers are going to be used this year, Noise restrictions in force so how about more lighting and alternative sources of entertainement.

All makes sense really.
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:43 pm

I do think this year they will make much better use of the towers. They could even launch rockets from the towers - I am so going this year!

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:11 pm

Weird, I thought they were trying to make Dr Pop Rocket a well known figure associated with the fireworks.

However I would welcome anything different, but don't hold your breath for anything outstanding just yet.

rightbackgranty
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:15 pm

They could fire stuff from the Towers yes. However, they could only do this from a roof, if it was flat and it was safe with good acess / escape routes.

Its what most firework companies want :)

Moley

Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:17 pm

Sounds pretty impressive, I'll hopefully be there for this years event, hope this trip doesnt have the bitter side the last one did :P

Kelly
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:21 pm

Wow sounds rather cool! i hope they pull it off - i wanna see this poster now! :P I like the possiblity of making more use of the Towers themselves. Although i'm not gonna hold my breath and expect something spectacular!