UK theme parks from another point of view!

Thomas
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:08 pm

Looks fantastic, while there today there were loads of lights and projectors dotted around on the lawns behind the lake, the ball is massive, those pictures don't really do it justice

Its sure to be a bang

Thomas

Vik
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:33 pm

Had the lights on the towers earlier in all different colours, but when we went to photograph it, it finished. But from what we seen, it does look like its going to be very good.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Craig

Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:42 pm

Well just back from a day on park with Dean, Dan, Jamie and Vic and I have to say it's looking seriously good! As Thomas said, the sphere looks way better in the flesh. Two tesla coils have been erected on the lawn which are sure to look absolutely amazing on park at the weekend.

The park itself was pretty buy with queues reaching up to an hour on Air and Rita. A few things to note though:

> Rita didn't open until later in the day due to essential maintenance. We didn't stay around the area long but saw techs studying the track etc so unsure if it was a problem or it was just maintenance.

> Ripsaw had a long period of downtime this afternoon. There's something not quite sounding right on it at the moment. I don't think it's anything too major, since later in the afternoon we rode it 4 times with no hassle.

> ERT is Rita, Ug Swinger and Oblivion - It has not changed back to Nemesis etc. so beware you'll have a long walk if you use the woodland walk (as we did :P!). Since Rita was down first thing, Corkscrew was opened as an alternative.

We were lucky enough to catch the lights being tested on the Towers, and it looks fantastic. I have a picture but unfortunately I wasn't quick enough to catch it and only have one of spotlights shining on it. Still, looks very good though!

Some pictures of the day - sorry they're not brilliant - been playing with new camera and haven't quite found the right settings!

The Sphere

Sphere 2

The Towers Lit Up

Towers, Treats and Trails
This one's not Electric Towers related but just thought I'd mention that this, along with Adrenaline Week is being advertised big time across the park.

That's it for now, more photos tomorrow!

Danzaw*nk
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:00 pm

I'de imagine they're just making Rita 100% well as it's got a big weekend ahead :P.

And yay! ERT is Rita, providing i make it to ERT on Sunday, i will get a ride on Rita :D.

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3

Thomas
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:08 pm

Rita was back up too 2 trains around 1ish, it took them blaudy ages to put the other one on, also in the afternoon nemy broke down for around 10mins or something but they got it sorted quickly, so its looking all good for Electric Towers so fare :D

Thomas

on air
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:09 pm

It sure is looking like a good few nights from the pics .

From those that visited today does it look as though they are launching the fireworks from the same area as last time ? I see the fences along the back of the lake just wondered if that main launch area is used this time or if its purely from The Towers themselves ?
[url=http://www.fotowhizz.com\" target=\"_blank]www.fotowhizz.com[/url]

Danzaw*nk
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:42 pm

I have a short clip from Universal Studios show which included about 3 stratospheres and fireworks and stuff. It's not great filming as I couldnt be bothered, i was using the tape up lol. Anyway, it's an appetiser!

http://www.danspalace.co.uk/stratosphere.htm

Enjoy

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3

Liam
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:29 am

Well if anyone can remember back to how awesomely fantastic Electric Towers was, please post your review here. :lol:

stokywolf
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:01 pm

It was gay... and bright.

Truely a phenomanull spectacle and i really enjoyed it, all though one of the shows friday i believe was gay in a gay way and nowt worked much.

The following saturday and sunday shows were really good :)
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz

Locker
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:07 pm

I agree. It was fabulous, especially when we saw this freak working in the Duel on-ride photo shop on the Sunday :lol: :P

Regards,
Mark

Queen of Speed
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:46 pm

Look what I've found.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/b008mgbl.shtml

Scroll to 00:35:30 and play

Sounds familiar? :P

Jon
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:11 pm

I'm listening...

What music is it meant to be? :P

I heard something that sounded a lot like Air music on Coast yesterday...

:?:
Formerly "Dagoo"

Queen of Speed
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:01 pm

I'm listening...

What music is it meant to be?
It's the music which was used to introduce the evil force or whatever for Electric Towers.

Anyone know the name?

BULBOUS
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:16 pm

"Dagoo" wrote:
I'm listening...

What music is it meant to be? :P

I heard something that sounded a lot like Air music on Coast yesterday...

:?:

I knew I heard it! I was on my laptop downstairs and I heard it and was leik omg wtf bbq!?!???//1
Adjective: Fat, round, or bulging.

Queen of Speed
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:42 am

Ha! I've just found what you're talking about as well.

on bbc iplayer,
Coast: The Journey Continues
Southport to Dover

and about 00:38:05 in

All I can suggest is the Air Theme heavily uses production element material which was not produced for Alton Towers and is freely available for other production companies.

I would still be very interested to know the name of this and the other Electric Towers classical piece.