UK theme parks from another point of view!

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin
Topic Author

Closed Rides

Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:04 pm

Could you please continue all discussion on the rides which are currently closed at Alton Towers in here.

Essentially, if a ride is closed, instead of making a new topic about it. post it in here!
Last edited by Adz on Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AstroDan

Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:41 pm

For all those not in the know, the Runaway Mine Train is currenty not in service.

Tom M
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:26 pm

The Flume closed on Monday due to problems and today it was still closed, I've been told it may be down for some time and it's unknown when it will reopen.

Tom. :)

robrymond
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:06 am

Although I'm not a huge fan of the Flume, would have been entertaining to go on with my mates, so bit gutted it's broke :(
Rob Rymond - www.robrymond.com

Phil
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:10 pm

"Tom" wrote:
The Flume closed on Monday due to problems and today it was still closed, I've been told it may be down for some time and it's unknown when it will reopen.

Well i was going to start a topic about that but sod it.

A boat actually got jammed in the trough, it lifted up and managed to jam itself on the corner just after the first drop. This then caused a back-log of other boats to crash into it right up to the 'splash-down' of the first drop. The ride was then stopped and evacuated and remained closed all day. It was pretty serious and i have never seen this kind of thing happen before.

robrymond
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:18 pm

Any news if this opened today?

a.ndy
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:17 pm

http://www.towerstv.com/view.php?nid=6 Mine Train Closed till Next Season :cry:

oldgitBEN

Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:58 pm

erm a.ndy where did you get your info as about a week or two back we were told it would re-open this season.

Any news on the flume? Sounds like a very odd thing to happen.

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin
Topic Author

Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:09 pm

Also, please do not advertise your website like that, thanks.

We have a forum specifically for you to do that in.

Anonymous

Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:11 pm

On the flume doesnt it have sensors to let the lift know if the boat has cleared the hill?

robrymond
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:21 pm

Flume has reopened today :)

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:37 pm

Yes it does have sensors but they are moe like small levers.

Vicki
TT Member
TT Member

Air

Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:03 pm

Anyone know what was up with Air at about 4 ish yesterday? I was queuing for front row with my friends and it got stuck in the flying position and techs were called so we went and rode a couple more rides instead. Did it reopen at all and was it open today?
The Lonely end of the Rink- a great song, and it\'s usually the case when I go ice skating because I just can\'t keep up!

Anonymous

Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:15 am

Air quite often will stop for a while. There typically are reset within 20mins and is then completely operational again so the queue will start moving at its normal pace. Sometimes on rare occassions a station will have to be closed while we resolve the problem but you are normally informed and we then work towards getting people onto the remaining station as quickly as possible. As far as I aware yesterday was just a small problem with station two I think and it reopened within 15mins or so.

a.ndy
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:47 am

Apologies Adz. Just wanted to let people read the story since I could not find it anywhere else at the time. Looking like we are over the period of too many attractions been down at once now hopefully. Just as the park is getting quieter again lol Always the case :roll:

Shent
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:25 am

"Phil""][quote=""Tom" wrote:

A boat actually got jammed in the trough, it lifted up and managed to jam itself on the corner just after the first drop. This then caused a back-log of other boats to crash into it right up to the 'splash-down' of the first drop. The ride was then stopped and evacuated and remained closed all day. It was pretty serious and i have never seen this kind of thing happen before.[/quote]

Yeah, over 40 + meters of trough liner replaced, and some massive holes sealed up

"Edd" wrote:
On the flume doesnt it have sensors to let the lift know if the boat has cleared the hill?

Yes it does, it has what are called "Run out rods" if a boat goes over these, and say they get stuck down or the boat takes to long to get down the rush, it will show up a "tranist time error" on that lift
......The one and only... :sus:

Ziggy
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:27 pm

"Phil""][quote=""Tom" wrote:

A boat actually got jammed in the trough, it lifted up and managed to jam itself on the corner just after the first drop. This then caused a back-log of other boats to crash into it right up to the 'splash-down' of the first drop. The ride was then stopped and evacuated and remained closed all day. It was pretty serious and i have never seen this kind of thing happen before.[/quote]

Yeah this happend the day I went to Alton Towers just about 5 mins before we were about to go on it happend :(

Also car number 3 of Air goes around the track and for about 3 times in a row when I was queing for it (I was about to get on that train but it jammed for 20 mins GGR) it stops and cant get down from the flyin possition it just sticks there and a mechanic has to come and wind it down with this long pole. So we got fastrack for what would have taken 3 mins but took about 20-30 mins :(

Steve in labour
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:47 pm

When we were there monday we noticed that huge leek after the 1st drop was like a waterfall under the track.

Balb0wa
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:15 pm

Rita closed today, about 1 pm ish, we were walking to it, and as a carriage went out, a puff of white smoke and something dropped off the track. No more rides went out and they closed it 20 mins later.

The ques today were huge, all the run off spaces were open on most rides.

Never go on a saturday !!!!

Click here!

James2001
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:29 pm

Whatever hapenned there, it better be fixed by Monday, or I'll be pissed :evil: