UK theme parks from another point of view!

jimhaddon
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Work on the black hole

Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:18 pm

I dont know if anyone else has seen this yet, but AT seem to be working on the tent as seen in this picture: (please bear with the quality, as these pictures were only taken with a camera phone)

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f296/jimhaddon/DSC00011.jpg

I went to AT yesterday, had a pretty ok day, but RITA was closed, and im kind of sick of the management money grabbing at every opportunity. Apart from that, some of the black hole track can be seen next to the tent! as seen here:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f296/jimhaddon/DSC00012.jpg

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:37 pm

They have been taking Blackhole down for atleast 2 months (I think) and have taken most of the track out.

Alot of the pictures that Nick took on the Behind the scene tour can be seen Here.

Anyone know how demolition is getting on?

Mugz x

:rock:

Vik
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:41 pm

All that was left during the last behind the scenes tour was the spiral lift, part of the 1st & second drops, and also the track where the station once stood. Not sure whats happened since, but we were told that the whole ride would of been dismantled by the next tour, which is now just under 2 weeks away.

Looking on Sunday, the ammount of track pieces outside look the same ammount as what was there 2 weeks ago.

Also, they should think of storing the track in a dry place aswell, is starting to look very rusty, though probably just surface rust, its starting to show how old it really is.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Ashmk
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:54 pm

The track looks to be rather messely stored. If I was wanting to keep some track I wouldnt just pile it up out side. It looks as if its ready to be sent to the scrap yard. But then again they might have no choice to store it like that.

m4++
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:07 pm

"Ashmk" wrote:
The track looks to be rather messely stored. If I was wanting to keep some track I wouldnt just pile it up out side. It looks as if its ready to be sent to the scrap yard. But then again they might have no choice to store it like that.
It's definately not being sent to a scrap yard, it's getting sent to a park in Brazil.

Crofty

Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:17 pm

"m4++""][quote=""Ashmk" wrote:
It's definately not being sent to a scrap yard, it's getting sent to a park in Brazil.[/quote]

Indeed it is, and if they already have the cash for the coaster then they probably don't care what condition it leaves in :P

karen1
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:24 pm

I went in the black hole tent on Saturday as part of the behind the scenes tour. The station is now gone, the spiral supports are still in place but the spiral track is stacked inside it. The only part of the coaster that is still in place is the break section. The cars are still lined up along the side of the tent and the control panel for the ride is stacked on the break run. I took quite a few pictures in there which I will upload later.

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:49 pm

I am still wondering what they are going to put there instead, I suppose if they keep the tent we wont know whats going in it until very late as no planning permission would be needed.

Atleast they are now removing it, bit of progress finally, was a shame it just sitting there.

Con
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:00 pm

I reckon we are going to have an arena/theatre in the tent. cos tent is definatley staying and there is demand for a show on lots of forums and by enthusiast.

LONG POSTS GIVE ME HEADACHES

AstroDan

Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:22 pm

There'd be too much noise, surely, for a show? I reckon it'll be a play park or some kind of low-noise family flat.

:cry:

CorkyForever
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:56 pm

i think they should have another coaster in the dark...it was something special in the park....but it was old
so a new one would be great, i think people are still intruiged by coasters in the dark (take expedition everest in animal kingdom florida} as they have a certain mystery about them.
that would be nice anyway.
Most Recent Visit

Microsuite
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:53 pm

Well annoying, i thaught it was like recently, not 2 years ago :@:@

Stupid bumperman :@