UK theme parks from another point of view!

Hark

Spinball Games

Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:36 am

Have the Spinball games in the queue line ever worked?

The queues for spinball can be quite annoying if your not in the single rider and the only thing keeping you sane is the games..

from what I remember

1) You press a button and an annoying sound comes out but the ball doesn't move.

2) About 2 of them have the button smashed in

3) One of them works only if you kick it with great force.

These games have been broken for as long as I can remember :P

Crofty

Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:42 am

One of them works only if you kick it with great force.

Thats probably why they don't work :wink:

The only one I've ever seen working is the one nearest the ride entrance.

:D :D

Dave

Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:12 am

the last one is hit and miss, usualy when i press the button nowt happens exept the noice, and then the button get stuck pressed down!

if only it was the other way round and the games worked but the sounds didnt. coz the noice of them games does my head in!!

altontowerskid
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:34 am

For the first few months the games where working, but by that time, they had stopped them, i dont know if they took the balls out of the machines or the balls are jammed in the bottom.

Nutty dreadz
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:40 am

I think the games had stopped working sometime during the first couple of years, so they didnt last long!!

It's a shame that they dont work though - I know they aint the best of games, but when you're in a slow queue, it does pass that little bit more time!

But if they broke that early and still havent been fixed, that just shows how bad Towers/Tussauds are at maintaining things - How long is it gonna be till they ARE actually fixed. There's no point them being there, if they dont work.

John
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:55 pm

The games did indeed break pretty early on, but there have been attepts to fix them, most of them were working at the start of this year, though they havce since broken again.

Dave

Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:33 pm

one thing that annoys me bout them is that people stand around for ages playing the games when they work, and dont move when the queue does. it gets me propper mad that does!

Squiggles
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:55 am

I think you may have just about summed it up there Dave. I have this feeling the Spinball games aren't actually broken at all, they've been disabled so that people don't hold up the queue while playing on them.

Possibly a good idea in theory, but not in practice.
Edwardo..... move me!

dstone_uk
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:53 pm

when i was at towers today three of the games were working, which was great to see and there wasen't even that meny delays in the queue, with only minor gaps forming most people were only playing 1 or 2 balls!

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

Ziggy
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:58 pm

When I went everyone in the que could get them working exept me. I think I wasnt pressing the Button hard enough. Although the balls did jam sometimes later in the day they were fixed.

Crofty

Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:36 pm

"Dave" wrote:
one thing that annoys me bout them is that people stand around for ages playing the games when they work, and dont move when the queue does. it gets me propper mad that does!

I prefer it when there are large holdups in the queue. The queue seems to move quicker when it moves in large stages, just like pre-shows make a queue seem shorter, if there is a large gap, it means the queue is'nt as long as it seems to be.

As long as peopel don't push past you then it makes no odds on the final queue time.

:D :D

Thomas
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:42 pm

"Croftgay""][quote=""Dave" wrote:

I prefer it when there are large holdups in the queue. The queue seems to move quicker when it moves in large stages, just like pre-shows make a queue seem shorter, if there is a large gap, it means the queue is'nt as long as it seems to be.

As long as peopel don't push past you then it makes no odds on the final queue time.

:D :D[/quote]

That always happens to me, i only play once on the games and by the time I'm finished a load of people have pushed in front of me!

As for the games, i can only remember one working last time i went and it was the one nearest the station

Thomas

Anonymous

Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:41 pm

I can only remember the games working once when i've looked..
The big gaps in the line don't bother me, Because like said above, Once they move up, It seems like your moving forward loads! Even though your moving up just the same as you would if no one had stopped :lol:

AstroDan

Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:30 am

Most of the games are working at the present time, thank god! About time if you ask me.

:D

Steve in labour
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:37 am

Yep only 1 broken atm :P

John
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:48 am

"norwichste2006" wrote:
Yep only 1 broken atm

Very impresive, when I went last week only 2 were working, and one of them wasn't working particuarly well.

There does seem to be some effort put in to try and keep the games working, but all it takes is for the ball to get stuck and its broken again

Steve in labour
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:51 am

In other words its just a huge design fault that they cant be bothered to fix :x

Anonymous

Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:26 am

i went on at beginning of the season and they were all working, now i don't see any working

radical
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:06 am

i went last thursday and they were all working fine. The one thing that did annoy me is that voice commin out of the speaker "SSssssssppppiiinnballllllll WWwwwiiiizzzzzzeeerrrrrr" every 2 seconds :evil:

Lauzi
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:20 pm

Errm - I think they were working at the 12th/13th meet-up if I'm not mistaken. Or maybe that was just the sound? I can't remember. However I know I have been once this season when the actual game has been working. To be honest, they dont work often enough. I think that time was the first time I've actually played them. I agree with Dave, I like the big queue gaps because when they're (finally) done you move a lot.