UK theme parks from another point of view!

ChrisC
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Monorail Friday 25th

Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:59 pm

When I was about to leave the park on friday at around 4. There was apparently a train broken down on the track. We were then asked to evacuate the station through the fire exit. Anyone know what was happening/what happened after that?

Chris
---------
This whole ordeal has really turned his life upside down-face.

PeteB
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:53 pm

Are you sure it was 4? We left the park not long before 5.30 and were in our room getting changed for an early evening meal when the fire alarms went off at 6.03. It wasn't a test and looked quite serious, everyone was evacuated from the hotels and the monorails were stopped to avoid further chaos. It went on for about half an hour while Firemen investigated the problem.

Not enitrely sure what happend exactly but we heard that someone had been smoking in their room which raised the alarms.

I just got back earlier today, watch out for my full report on our 5 day visit which will cover all the goings on of this week

karen1
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:42 pm

We were also in the park and staying in the AT hotel on Friday night. This is the first I have heard about anything. We were in the park until 3pm when we went to check in to the hotel. We stayed in our room for a break until 5:30 when we took the monorail back to the park where we went on a few more rides and cought the monorail back to the hotel at 7:15. So I guess whatever went on was resolved pretty quickly.