UK theme parks from another point of view!

Starlight expresser
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Early Ride Time

Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:20 pm

hi guys,
got my confermation of hotel and theme park package today, for early ride time wot time do i need to be at park, also the 3 rides it states on my letter for early ride time is Air, Nemisis and Blade but in the other wallet thing i got with it says the rides are Rita, Corkscrew and Bounching bugs?

Also i got priority passes cos mine train isnt working do they compensate for another ride?

Andy

Anonymous

Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:28 pm

When I was there last week, it was Nemesis, Air and Blade. There were very few early riders and we were able to go on Air and Nemesis, and sit at the front, with virtually no queing.

Does anybody know whether any ticket holder (not just jotel guests) can enter the park at the hotel entrance for early ride time?

Dave

Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:34 pm

as far as im awear early ride time is exclusive to hotel guets and annual pass holders.

normal ticket holders have to wait patiantly to be let in at half 9

Joel

Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:35 pm

No - only Annual Pass holders and Hotel guests, as far as I understand it, can enter via the 'Woodland Walk' (hotel entrance) for Extra Ride Time

ERT rides open from 9am - although I think you can enter the park at 8.30am.

And correct - ERT was quickly changed back to Nemesis, Air and Blade after some problems with Rita over the last few weeks. I'm not sure if its staying as Forbidden Valley though, as (touch wood) Rita seems to have been running OK recently.

Perhaps someone else can shed some more light on if it will stay the same..

karen1
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:39 pm

AP holders and hotel guests on the park package can enter the park via the woodland walk from 8:30am with the rides opening at 9am.

The ERT has gone back to Air, Nemesis and the Blade, it was Rita earlier on in the season but has since changed back.

Not sure about the substation pass for RMT. I guess they will have substituted it for another ride, not sure what though. When we stayed at the hotel last year we had a hotel pass for a ride that wasn't working (can't remember which one!) but it was substituted for another ride instead.

Phil
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:50 pm

The woodland walk has become alot more secure this season also. It now closes between 10am-11am with a staff member scanning the tickets at the gate for the whole time.

The past few seasons there was only a staff member there until the crowds disappeared, then all you had to do to get into the park was to show up a ticket to a camera about 20ft behind you! You could of held anything up!

Anonymous

Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:59 pm

OK - to answer my own question regarding who can have ERT: We were staying at the hotel BUT had pre-bought our tickets online and received them through the post prior to arrival at the park.

Therefore they were standard tickets and NOT hotel issued tickets. When we went to the Woodland gate at 8.30am, there was a guy maning the gate who scanned the tickets in. We were not asked if we were hotel guests and therefore did not have to prove that we were.

From this experience I would imagine that anybody with a valid ticket can gain entry through the back gate for ERT.

Anonymous

Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:21 pm

I was under the impression that Early Rider Time was available to hotel guests, annual pass holders plus those who had pre-booked tickets?

I might be wrong, but I remember being surprised when I heard this.

Can anyone confirm?

oddjob777
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:03 pm

"marky.com" wrote:

I was under the impression that Early Rider Time was available to hotel guests, annual pass holders plus those who had pre-booked tickets?

I might be wrong, but I remember being surprised when I heard this.

Can anyone confirm?

Nope, just AP holders and hotel guests. *pets annual pass*
JAMES!!!

100% AT - 100% GREAT

\":D\"

Anonymous

Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:12 pm

and those with a pre-booked ticket!! (see my previous post)

Con
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:07 pm

"pavr27" wrote:
and those with a pre-booked ticket!! (see my previous post)

But are you staying at the hotel aswell?

LONG POSTS GIVE ME HEADACHES

Nick

Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:55 pm

Pre-booked tickets AREN'T supposed to get in for Early Ride Time. There will of course be certain loopholes such as the Woodland Walk

Anonymous

Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:29 am

A very massive loop-hole, considering, as has been said above, despite there being an attendant at the entrance to the Woodland Walk, they never check to make sure you are a hotel guest, so if you are a normal guest and 'in the know', it would be easy for you to have ERT via the Woodland Walk.

BULBOUS
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:38 pm

Year before last, we had prebooked tickets (through the police), and they just let us in at Towers street for ERT anyway! And they were just normal tickets, and everyone else was just queuing...
Adjective: Fat, round, or bulging.

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:26 pm

It all depends on how many are using ERT, what the predicted level of people is on the day and who is working at the entrance.

Jimbob

Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:44 pm

If you are satying in thehotel and have prbooked tickets via the normal way online (not included in the hotel package) you can get in for ERT but you do and should need to show the card you get when you check in.